DenVideo Q&A

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
3dentech
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: DenVideo Q&A

Post by 3dentech » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:33 am

i Sugest every one to update to the last versio of denvideo Plugin

plg_denvideo_v3.5
http://3den.org/joom/index.php/denjooml ... video.html

Is you find a prblem to load please make shure the URL you are using realy exists, and try other format if there is really a bug please report the format wich buged so we can test and fix
http://3den.org
3DEN - Open Software

3dentech
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by 3dentech » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:09 pm

I recomend that every one download the last of denvideo plugin 3.5 http://3den.890m.com/denjoomla/denvideo ... o_v3.5.zip

If you found some bug on a specific format please report in details so we can test and fix is the bug is realy there
3DEN - Open Software

pmcnamara
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by pmcnamara » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:43 am

How does one get a preview image/snapshot of the video ?

How does one get a module for displaying most viewed, most highly rated, newly uploaded; in an easy to look at way.

The mod_jmultimedia is very, very limited and not very pretty or adaptable to different size, shapes, templates.

mjensen15
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mjensen15 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:12 pm

i have that version and im still haveing issues, please help

3dentech
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by 3dentech » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:33 pm

mjensen15 wrote:i have that version and im still haveing issues, please help
in what format are the videos you tryed to add?
3DEN - Open Software

rookey
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by rookey » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:26 pm

Can anyone upload the DenVideo component please - the site mentioned is offline! :-/

THANKS!

EDIT: sorry, found it here http://www.joomlaos.de/option,com_remos ... ,3914.html but it is just for Joomla 1.5 - does anyone know a painless Flash video display component for Joomla 1.0 that allows a) to be embedded in content pages (mambot?) b) different skins ?

thanks,
r.

3dentech
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by 3dentech » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:02 am

We are now working on the next generation of JMultimedia and denVideo, If you are a coder how want to join a cool project be welcome, all bugs saw be fixed and all new features might came

Now is also possible to define your default folder in a remote site to, this is cool beacause now is possible to have you site in one page and all your medias some where else, now any html is stripec from the denvideo params this is cool because no more error will happens if juumla add some <tag> to your url or params :pop
hope you all enjoit
3DEN - Open Software

Alvaro
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Alvaro » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:42 pm

Hi 3dentech,

Congrats to you and all denvideo team,

I would like to ask if there is any chance to remove the player controls when viewing an flv movie, only in this case.

Thanks in advance and keep the good work,

regards,

Alvaro

arciks
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by arciks » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:21 pm

i got all modules and plugins installed and all works fine i can add to my website videos ands they play.BUT i want my added videos in seperate categories.i make another categorie and link video to that new categorie,but when i go to my video section on my website and choose my second category where i linked my video it shows all videos what are in my default category.So how to make my videos to be shown different video in different category instead all videos shows in all categories i make.

kirilisa
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kirilisa » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:50 am

I am having troubles loading WMV files in denvideo. The below applies to both the module and the plugin.

If I put it in with autostart set to false, it just displays a black box with (no video) in the middle. There are no player controls (I guess b/c it is WMV? Is there a way to make WMVs have player controls?). But if I set autostart to true, it crashes my browser. If I reopen my crashed browser and it automatically opens all the previous session tabs, then the video loads up and start autoplaying, but if I reload the page again, the browser will crash again.

Besides, I don't want to have the video autoplay - I'd rather just have some controls so the user could play it when they want. Is this a lost cause, since the videos are in WMV format? Still, denvideo says it supports that...

jmckeone
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jmckeone » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:52 pm

pmcnamara wrote:How does one get a preview image/snapshot of the video ?
Id like to know the same thing....instead of just having a blank player when the page loads.

Alvaro
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Alvaro » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:30 pm

jmckeone wrote:
Id like to know the same thing....instead of just having a blank player when the page loads.
Just put a .jpg file wiht the same name of the flv or other extension in the video folder... it will load automaticly.

regards,

Alvaro

jmckeone
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jmckeone » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:54 pm

Alvaro wrote:
jmckeone wrote:
Just put a .jpg file wiht the same name of the flv or other extension in the video folder... it will load automaticly.

regards,

Alvaro
Tried that....no luck! Thanks for your help though.......

Alvaro
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Alvaro » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:14 pm

Wich video format have you tried? Does it appear your jpg when the movie ends?

reg,

alvaro
Last edited by Alvaro on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jmckeone
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jmckeone » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:19 pm

Alvaro wrote:Wich video format hat you tried? Does it appear your jpg when the movie ends?

reg,

alvaro
Actually I just went back to using the [youtube] video for the homepage so I wont need the image now. I was using an .AVI video but it required each visitor to download the Divx web player....kinda seemed like a hassle for some people just trying to browse the site. The [youtube] vid will work just fine for now....thanks for your help though. I may try it again on another page, I will let you know the result.

sansel
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sansel » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:11 pm

hi, everybody,
please help me, I set up denvideo module but Iam taking error and say me please install den video, what can you do me? what should I do? I set up denvideo 3.5

specialk
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by specialk » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:21 pm

I keep getting a 'null' is null or not an object & Object required error in IE7 using the JW Flash Player mode for denvideo. It doesn't show up when I use the 3k FLV Player. Any thoughts? I'm using the latest version of jmultimedia suite.

batzky
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by batzky » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:22 pm

can someone give me a download link of the latest versions of denvideo? please?
thank you..

component
module
plugin

thanks again.. :)

specialk
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by specialk » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:18 pm

You can find it here: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/denvideo/frs/

Hope that helps

sansel
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sansel » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:43 pm

I tried all advice but denvideo is not working, can you advise me another video plugin except seyret, allvideo :(

kmatthews
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by kmatthews » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:13 am

I had a problem but once i posted this message, it was fixed.

sorry for the post.

kilimanjaro
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kilimanjaro » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:08 pm

Hi,

When I'm installing com_jmultimedia_v1.0b4.zip (from the latest beta version of ALL_IN_ONE_v1.0b4.UNZIP.FIRST.zip file ) I get this error code:

Code: Select all

Warning: zip_read() expects parameter 1 to be resource, integer given in /home/bobhoffm/public_html/libraries/joomla/filesystem/archive/zip.php on line 234

Warning: zip_close() expects parameter 1 to be resource, integer given in /home/bobhoffm/public_html/libraries/joomla/filesystem/archive/zip.php on line 250
What's the deal and how do to fix this?

bada
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bada » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:45 pm

joomla 1.5.9
JMultimendiaSuite_1.0b4

I'm using (.wmv) extention and every works perfect in IE but when I test it in FireFox the video gets cute in half. Is there a different file some where that's controls the size of the video in firefox.

Thanks in advance, and great piece of software.

jtmusson
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jtmusson » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:24 pm

First, I think denVideo is absolutely brilliant—exceedingly easy to use and brilliant performance, thank you!

We have a page with several denVideo instances, each playing different audio tracks, and I was wondering if there was a way that if when you have a player going and you start a second, the first would then stop playing. I understand this is a feature of the 1pixelout audio player, but can I access it in denvideo player, and what settings do I need to use (if any)?

Thank you again,

J.

php4u
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: How does one get a preview image/snapshot of the video ?

Post by php4u » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:08 pm

I am running the latest version of Denvideo and Joomla 1.5. I would like to have a .jpg file appear as a placeholder before a .wmv movie starts. I have uploaded a jpg file into the same directory as the movie and named both files the same, all with negative results. The movie plays fine (thank you) but the jpg does not appear.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated,
Ralph
http://www.cocoacademy.org/index.php/video
-Joomla 1.0.15
-Joomla 1.5.0
----------------------------
"I use my cigar smoke
as idiot repellent"

tumblebug
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by tumblebug » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:25 pm

Hi

I've got the latest version of denVideo 3.6 and installed it into Joomla 1.5.8 in Legacy mode. I want to use the JWPlayer setting and while video plays ok in the page, when it goes fullscreen, the top and bottom of the video is off the laptop monitor screen. Is there any fix for this? I dont want to use the 3K Player as it doesnt have the fullscreen controls. I note that the denVideo plugin uses version 4.0 of the JWPlayer and the play developers have released 4.3. Can upgrading the player be done?

I've used another module called "Simple Video Flash Player" which is based on a earlier version of the JWPlayer and my video played fine in fullscreen so I'm assuming its a bug with the player and not the entire denVideo plug.

bada
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bada » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:13 pm

php4u wrote:I am running the latest version of Denvideo and Joomla 1.5. I would like to have a .jpg file appear as a placeholder before a .wmv movie starts. I have uploaded a jpg file into the same directory as the movie and named both files the same, all with negative results. The movie plays fine (thank you) but the jpg does not appear.

Ralph

I too cannot get this to work. I am using .wmv as the video extension and .jpg as the thumb image extension. Both files are named the same and are in the same directory. Video works great but I still have the windows default image as the thumb.

Has anyone be able to figure this out?

Thanks in advance.

gags
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by gags » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:47 pm

bada wrote:
php4u wrote:I am running the latest version of Denvideo and Joomla 1.5. I would like to have a .jpg file appear as a placeholder before a .wmv movie starts. I have uploaded a jpg file into the same directory as the movie and named both files the same, all with negative results. The movie plays fine (thank you) but the jpg does not appear.

Ralph

I too cannot get this to work. I am using .wmv as the video extension and .jpg as the thumb image extension. Both files are named the same and are in the same directory. Video works great but I still have the windows default image as the thumb.

Has anyone be able to figure this out?

Thanks in advance.
Yeah I need to do this exact thing. Have tried all the other extensions and this is the last chance.

Jim Grove
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Jim Grove » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:00 pm

I am trying to install denVideo on a client's Joomla! v1.0 site. I keep getting the error "ERROR: Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package" I have oped the package, it is definitely there. The only thing I can see they may be out of the ordinary is the line "<install type="module" version="1.5.0">" in the XML document. I am not a programmer, not sure if the "1.5.0" is referring to Joomla! version or something else. I used the file "MultimendiaSuite_1.0 2009-02-18 mod_denvideo_v2.1.zip" for the install.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Jim

bada
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bada » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:04 pm

Jim Grove wrote:I am trying to install denVideo on a client's Joomla! v1.0 site. I keep getting the error "ERROR: Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package" I have oped the package, it is definitely there. The only thing I can see they may be out of the ordinary is the line "<install type="module" version="1.5.0">" in the XML document. I am not a programmer, not sure if the "1.5.0" is referring to Joomla! version or something else. I used the file "MultimendiaSuite_1.0 2009-02-18 mod_denvideo_v2.1.zip" for the install.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Jim

Jim, you're trying to install denVideo 1.5 which is for joomla 1.5. The xml is there but because of the different vesion your joomla 1.0 does not read it.

Try downloading denVideo 1.0. Hope this helps.
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/denvid ... ge_id=3471

Note: If possible I would update your clients website to joomla 1.5, for security reason if nothing else.
Last edited by bada on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”