yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

yvComment - Problem with pagination

Post by yvolk » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:33 am

Hi, Mark!
I can't test all Joomla! configurations... but as I see my code in "components/com_yvcomment/views/listofcomments/tmpl/default.php" file, I'm using Joomla! built in pagination feature (JPagination class):

Code: Select all

<?php
    if ($this->params->get('yvcomment_show_pagination')) {
      if ($this->pagination) {
    	echo $this->pagination->getListFooter();
      }	
    }
  ?>
So, maybe this is Joomla bug?!
Please try to find info about pagination in Joomla! in general....
mark_82 wrote:Hi Yuri,

Thanks for this great extension.

I'm having a couple of problems with pagination. When I try and go back a page, I get a 404 - Article #0 not found error. The page is appended twice to the url eg. http://localhost/guestbook.html/guestbook.html?start=0. It appears this has something to do with my SEO settings. If I set all of the Joomla SEO settings in the global configuration screen to no, pagination works fine.

Also, the pagination is pushing the comment form to the right of the page.

I hope you can help me with this.

Thanks,
Mark

prommart
I've been banned!

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Post by prommart » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:41 am

how i can add select all for Select Section and Select Category?
yvcomment.png

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:57 am

These are exactly one Section and one Category for Comments themselves.
Sections and Categories for Articles to be commented by these Comments are below on your screenshots!
'All' are by default (just leave parameters ''List of Sections (Categories, Articles) IDs..." empty.
prommart wrote:how i can add select all for Select Section and Select Category?
yvcomment.png

Thank you.

prommart
I've been banned!

Post by prommart » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:07 am

when i leave parameters ''List of Sections (Categories, Articles) IDs..." empty.
It show this warning message on backend and frontend
"Section is not set. Please configure Section for yvComments (in Plugin Manager for yvComment Plugin)"

I use version 1.19.3.
And when i want to select more one not for all section or category. How i do this.
yvolk wrote:These are exactly one Section and one Category for Comments themselves.
Sections and Categories for Articles to be commented by these Comments are below on your screenshots!
'All' are by default (just leave parameters ''List of Sections (Categories, Articles) IDs..." empty.
yvcomment.png

Thank you.

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:08 pm

Hi, prommart!
Let me explain once more and please follow instructions on yvComment's Homepage until you get everything working Ok and are ready for experiments:
1. "Comments" are Articles from Joomla! point of view. So, like any other Article, every Comment have to be assigned to exactly one Section and exactly one Category.
2. But "Comments" are special type of Articles (from yvComment's point of view). Unfortunately, Joomla! has no built-in support for new types of Articles, so the only "native" way to distinguish between "General" Articles and any new type of articles (e.g. "Comments") is to create Section (and Category in this section) exclusively for comments.
This is why you MUST make selection in parameters "Section for Comments" and "Category for comments" (just like it is stated in Step-by-step configuration of yvComment plugin).
3. I think, that what you really want (but didn't tell me :) ) is to "allow comments for articles of ALL sections and categories". This will be the case without any special setting in yvComment's parameters (I mean, you don't have to select "All" in any list). On the contrary, if you want, e.g. to allow comments for only Section with ID=1, You SHOULD type "1" in the "List of Sections IDs of Articles which may, or may not, contain comments" parameter and leave "Exclude Sections and Categories, selected above (No - include)" parameter UNchecked.
prommart wrote:when i leave parameters ''List of Sections (Categories, Articles) IDs..." empty.
It show this warning message on backend and frontend
"Section is not set. Please configure Section for yvComments (in Plugin Manager for yvComment Plugin)"

I use version 1.19.3.
And when i want to select more one not for all section or category. How i do this.
yvolk wrote:These are exactly one Section and one Category for Comments themselves.
yvcomment.png

Thank you.
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

asutkev
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by asutkev » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:42 am

Hello, Yuri,

Is there any way to have the comments paginated, say 10 or 20 comments on one page?
I haven't found any information in documentartion or forum...

Andrius S.

asutkev
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by asutkev » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:44 am

Hello, Yuri,

Is there any way to have the comments paginated, say 10 or 20 comments on one page?

Andrius S.

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Pagination in yvComment

Post by yvolk » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:18 am

Hi, Andrius,
Pagination was added in v.1.8 of yvComment:
Added pagination of Comments in plugin mode. You have to turn pagination on in yvComment plugin parameters. Due to Joomla! restriction of JPagination class, only one pagination control may be on a page. So yvComment turns on "pagination of comments" for particular page (Menu item) only if pagination for this Menu item is turned off.
See also this message about pagination: yvComment - Problem with pagination.
Yes, pagination was not discussed and tested much...
asutkev wrote:Hello, Yuri,

Andrius S.

asutkev
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by asutkev » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:43 am

Hi,
The problem was that I used pagination for the article list in the same menu item. When I turned off pagination of the menu item, comment pagination started to work.

Andrius

kdb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kdb » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:23 pm

Thank you all for developing such a great extension, yvComment.
I would like to modify my component with with a different title. Something other than Add your comment at the top of my comment form.

Could someone please tell me which files I need to edit and any advice for completing such a task?
Please go easy since I am not a coder and my php knowledge is limited.

Many Thanks again for offering such a great extension.
kevin

P.s, I am using yvComment 1.19.003 w/ j1.5.8 and 1.5.9

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:01 am

kdb wrote:Thank you all for developing such a great extension, yvComment.
I would like to modify my component with with a different title. Something other than Add your comment at the top of my comment form.
You have to edit Language file ('administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_yvcomment.ini') or template file ('components/com_yvcomment/views/comment/tmpl/default.php')

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

yvComment v.1.20 was released - 'Most commented' module

Post by yvolk » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:38 am

What's new in v.1.20.0:
1. The "Most commented" view was added to be used mostly in the module. This view shows the list of articles in the descending order of number of comments for each article. Number of comments is shown also.
2. "Max characters in the text of comment" parameter was added to the listofcomments/mostcommented views (and to the module) to limit the number of characters in the text for long titles (comments).
3. "IDs of commented Articles" filter added to the listofcomments/mostcommented views (and to the module) (Thanks to Peter v.d. Hulst).
4. "Limit results to previous" filter was added to the listofcomments/mostcommented views (and to the module). So user may see not only "All" items in the list, but filter out results for 1 day, week, month, year (just like in search form of Joomla! forum and in phpBB3 in general).
5. Access level of Comment is set the same as access level of the commented (parent) Article during creation (editing) of the Comment.
6. "Delete to Trash" option was added, that makes 'comments deletion' much like 'Article Trash' in the Article Manager. If this option is set to 'Yes', comments are not deleted from database, until an Administrator deletes them from the 'Article Trash'. This option works only if Comments are set to use the Content table.
7. New value to "Allow comments on comment" option was added: "Administrator's reply only". - Same as "Owner's reply only", but only Administrators (or other users, who have 'all rights' to edit content) are allowed to add comment on Comment.
8. "Immediately publish guest comments" option was renamed to "Immediately publish comments". This "Global moderation option" allows you to control, if you want comments, created by users, to be visible to all visitors of the site just after they are added.
9. Two new languages were added, many were updated.
10. English documentation was greatly improved, thanks to founder[at}webbizltd.com for the help!

toudidel
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by toudidel » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:27 am

I have too questions:

1. If I want install the newest version of yvComments (1.20) should I deinstall current 1.18.4 or it is possible to overwritten it safely?

2. Is it possible not to add links "Add your comment" below the shortcuts of articles, for example on main page. I would want add these links only below full article.

greets for author
--
td
<XMLguru.net/>

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:57 am

toudidel wrote:1. If I want install the newest version of yvComments (1.20) should I deinstall current 1.18.4 or it is possible to overwritten it safely?
This can be done (just goto plugin parms and save them after upgrade),
but I wouldn't recommend this: yvComment may become 'not uninstallable'...
Anyway, comments will not be lost in any case.
toudidel wrote: 2. Is it possible not to add links "Add your comment" below the shortcuts of articles, for example on main page. I would want add these links only below full article.
Yes, just set "Position of comments on the Frontpage" and "Position of comments in other views" parameters to "Hide".

my666
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by my666 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:05 pm

Hello @all from Germany - I'm new here ;)

I just got this problem:
yvComment 1.1.9.xx run always well at my J! 1.5.9 (all files newest update).

Now I deleted all old yvComment files like recomended, downloaded the three new folders and installed all 1.2.0. files as supposed to be. And yes, I read the manual more than one time.

After all (I downloaded yvComment 3 times from 2 servers) there is no yvComment shown in my Front- or Backend. All files are in place but no Plugin, module or component is shown anywhere! So I can't activate the plugin to do any setings.

Anybody any idea what went wrong?

best regards, M.

ichliebefliegen
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ichliebefliegen » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:41 pm

Hi,

I've got 2 problems.

1. I allowed guest comments, created a guest account and use the the username. But comments created as guest are shown as "Administrator" and not "guest".

2. If I enter the captcha wrong there is no chance to reenter it.

Using 1.5.9 and 1.20.

Thanks for help :)

asutkev
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Bugs in v1.20

Post by asutkev » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:29 am

Hello,
I have found 2 bugs in v.1.20

First, when I use Firefox, the last 2 parameters (Primary order, Pagination) in plugin management are hidden.

Second, if I use menu item that shows one article, the pagination of the comments doesn't work correctly. When I press on the "1" page, I get error message: "404 - Article # not found".

Can you find a solution?

lemur1
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

mail notification for the author of the article

Post by lemur1 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:40 am

Hi,

there is a mail notification for the authors of comments.

there is also a list of Usernames to notify of new or updated comments.

is there mail notification for the author of the article?

I have not found a parameter for it, and it is very pity
(although it is so in all comment systems ).

Thanks.

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Bugs in v1.20

Post by yvolk » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:32 am

asutkev wrote:Hello,
I have found 2 bugs in v.1.20

First, when I use Firefox, the last 2 parameters (Primary order, Pagination) in plugin management are hidden.
This "Plugin parameters" page is generated by Joomla! core, (and it uses Joomla! core template), so this is some layout bug of Joomla! itself (the page can not accomodate all parameters...).
I didn't dig into this too deep, but I've found, that everything feets on screen with this change to 'administrator/templates/khepri/css/general.css' file.
After 'table.admintable td.paramlist_key {' change

width: 140px;
to

width: 50%;
Maybe you will find something better...
asutkev wrote: Second, if I use menu item that shows one article, the pagination of the comments doesn't work correctly. When I press on the "1" page, I get error message: "404 - Article # not found".
Yes, you're right. In my code, that fixes Joomla! pagination bug, there is a bug also :)
Please change 'class yvCommentJPagination' definition in 'components/com_yvcomment/helpers.php' file to this (actually, two "." were removed):

class yvCommentJPagination extends JPagination {
	function _buildDataObject()
	{
		$data =	parent::_buildDataObject();

global $mainframe;
		if (!$mainframe->isAdmin()) {
			$data->all->link	= JRoute::_("&limitstart=00");
			$data->start->link	= JRoute::_("&limitstart=00");
			if ($data->previous->base	== 0) {
				$data->previous->link = JRoute::_("&limitstart=00");
			}
			if (count($data->pages) > 0) {
				// $message = print_r($data->pages, true) . '"<br/>';
				//$mainframe->enqueueMessage($message, 'notice');

$data->pages[1]->link = JRoute::_("&limitstart=00"); 
			}
		}
		return $data;
	}
}
?
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

my666
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by my666 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:08 pm

I just tried again but yvcomment does not show up at the backend.
Even the older version that worked before does not run?
What's wrong????

Help needed!!!

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:49 pm

my666 wrote:I just tried again but yvcomment does not show up at the backend.
Even the older version that worked before does not run?
What's wrong????

Help needed!!!
I'm not even "A God" :) to figure out, what happend... Maybe even some Joomla! tables are corrupted...
Try to test on the fresh Joomla! install...

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: mail notification for the author of the article

Post by yvolk » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:00 pm

Hi, as you may see in the "Your contribution is needed!" section on the Homepage,
yvComment project needs help in this area:
Create content subscription extension for Joomla! (or find existing one...)
There is a need for the option that every user can choose some commented articles where he will be notified if there is a new comment. So the user will be notified only if a favoured article had new comment.
I think, that this should not be "yvComment's feature" and some more general 'Joomla! content subscription extension' should be created (or existing found and adapted...), that would allow user to subscribe to new articles (and updates...) by: Section, Category, relation to specific Article (e.g. "Subscribe to Comments of this article") etc. I don't know about such extension yet.
My current opinion is that some plugin to Community Builder is needed (to integrate CB with yvComment to allow user's preferences...)
lemur1 wrote:Hi,

there is a mail notification for the authors of comments.

there is also a list of Usernames to notify of new or updated comments.

is there mail notification for the author of the article?

I have not found a parameter for it, and it is very pity
(although it is so in all comment systems ).

Thanks.

my666
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by my666 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:14 pm

yvolk wrote: I'm not even "A God" :) to figure out, what happend... Maybe even some Joomla! tables are corrupted...
Try to test on the fresh Joomla! install...
But you're a Guru - that's close :D

Guess a complete new install is a bit difficult - project grows and I have to reinstall all other parts then, too. ( http://www.bma-magazin.de )
Will look for another solution...

bye, M.

lemur1
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by lemur1 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:40 pm

yvolk wrote:Let me explain once more and please follow instructions on yvComment's Homepage until you get everything working Ok and are ready for experiments:
1. "Comments" are Articles from Joomla! point of view. So, like any other Article, every Comment have to be assigned to exactly one Section and exactly one Category.
Dear Yury,

Your comment system has a great unique way to use article as a comment with WYSIWYG editor.

For my site for scientists, which I (for free :-)) run, it would be very useful.

but it is lacking precisely this possibility:

to add the comment to section / categorie, to which the article itself.

Is it possible, I hope?

You have parentid, sectionid, catid and so on into your table!

Please continue!

P.S. Thank you for the answer about the mail notification to the author of the article.

asutkev
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Bugs in v1.20

Post by asutkev » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:33 pm

yvolk wrote:

class yvCommentJPagination extends JPagination {
	function _buildDataObject()
	{
		$data =	parent::_buildDataObject();

global $mainframe;
		if (!$mainframe->isAdmin()) {
			$data->all->link	= JRoute::_("&limitstart=00");
			$data->start->link	= JRoute::_("&limitstart=00");
			if ($data->previous->base	== 0) {
				$data->previous->link = JRoute::_("&limitstart=00");
			}
			if (count($data->pages) > 0) {
				// $message = print_r($data->pages, true) . '"<br/>';
				//$mainframe->enqueueMessage($message, 'notice');

$data->pages[1]->link = JRoute::_("&limitstart=00"); 
			}
		}
		return $data;
	}
}
?
Hello, Yuri,
I have changed the code, pagination works correctly, but now Bigocaptcha doesn't work it shows only the text but no picture.

Please, help...

Andrius S.
Last edited by asutkev on Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BaidareW
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by BaidareW » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:57 pm

Hi,

what can be wrog if Guest can leave comment and registeredt user gets Error message that says you need to wait xx time for posting again (Backend: Minimum period between posts of one user, seconds).

Using 1.20.0 and 1.5.9

I found out that it is not working with my super administrator account, simple user can post comments. Maybe it is realated to phpBB handling user accounts (bridge to joomla) ?

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:47 am

1. As I understood your message, you gave contradictory information:
a) "registeredt user gets Error message that says you need to wait xx time for posting again"
b) "simple user can post comments"
... or "simple user" is guest ??

2. This is by design, and you may read some rationale about this feature in the History (v.1.3):
Anti-Flood / anti-spam functions added:
- Added parameter 'Minimum period between posts of one user, seconds' (Guests with different aliases are treated as different users). Now if you press Post button more, than once, you will get this error message: 'Your previous post was not long ago. Maybe you pressed Post button twice?'.
- This second new parameter: 'Minimum period between posts of any guest, seconds' is a security measure against spam: even if some spam-bot will generate different guest aliases, this parameter allows to control maximum rate of "spam comments"...
BaidareW wrote:Hi,

what can be wrog if Guest can leave comment and registeredt user gets Error message that says you need to wait xx time for posting again (Backend: Minimum period between posts of one user, seconds).

Using 1.20.0 and 1.5.9

I found out that it is not working with my super administrator account, simple user can post comments. Maybe it is realated to phpBB handling user accounts (bridge to joomla) ?

BaidareW
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by BaidareW » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:01 am

I know about this future thats why I was trying to change time value. I didn't press button two times, but it seems that yvComment thinks I am posted few second ago while ather registered and unregistered user can post comments normaly (I tryed with different user name). So problem is for me (super administrator) only. I can delete posts but can't post myself. It is not very big issue as I can post with different name, but it would be nice to solve it.

Thank you.

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:13 am

As I understood, you have problem with one user only. This may mean, that the user has some posted content (article, comment...) that confuses yvComment (maybe some date in the future...) .
BaidareW wrote:I know about this future thats why I was trying to change time value. I didn't press button two times, but it seems that yvComment thinks I am posted few second ago while ather registered and unregistered user can post comments normaly (I tryed with different user name). So problem is for me (super administrator) only. I can delete posts but can't post myself. It is not very big issue as I can post with different name, but it would be nice to solve it.

Thank you.

BaidareW
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by BaidareW » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:31 am

Oh.. yes :) I have posted one article in the future :) So I think in ather articles it will not be a problem.

Thank you for your reply and keep up the good work!

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”