The Joomla! Forum ™

Forum rules

Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.

Post subject: Joomla and Mediawiki
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:53 pm 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

I'm running Joomla and MediaWiki in parallell.
Now I have installed the bridge Mambowiki.

If have created a menu to connect to the wiki.

When I'm logged in the Joomla front end and click the menu
I'll end up at the login page to MediaWiki.

Just hitting Login I recieve the following:

Quote:
SingleSignOn: Hash verification failed:271e5243f2a4714421174d49005fe2e7->6cae3057fb226778087b0826520d00dc->anne12267858964397fef3a576853a0fee0c1de2d19178b82ceb1342f6d44a35583299850d9

Backtrace:

#0 E:\VastraSaltsjon.se\tiedepedia\extensions\MamboLogin.php(76): wfDebugDieBacktrace('SingleSignOn: H...')
#1 E:\VastraSaltsjon.se\tiedepedia\includes\User.php(2131): MamboLogin->authenticate('Anne', '1226785896-271e...')
#2 E:\VastraSaltsjon.se\tiedepedia\includes\SpecialUserlogin.php(363): User->checkPassword('1226785896-271e...')
#3 E:\VastraSaltsjon.se\tiedepedia\includes\SpecialUserlogin.php(407): LoginForm->authenticateUserData()
#4 E:\VastraSaltsjon.se\tiedepedia\includes\SpecialUserlogin.php(103): LoginForm->processLogin()
#5 E:\VastraSaltsjon.se\tiedepedia\includes\SpecialUserlogin.php(19): LoginForm->execute()
#6 E:\VastraSaltsjon.se\tiedepedia\includes\SpecialPage.php(625): wfSpecialUserlogin(NULL, Object(SpecialPage))
#7 E:\VastraSaltsjon.se\tiedepedia\includes\SpecialPage.php(431): SpecialPage->execute(NULL)
#8 E:\VastraSaltsjon.se\tiedepedia\includes\Wiki.php(182): SpecialPage::executePath(Object(Title))
#9 E:\VastraSaltsjon.se\tiedepedia\includes\Wiki.php(47): MediaWiki->initializeSpecialCases(Object(Title), Object(OutputPage), Object(WebRequest))
#10 E:\VastraSaltsjon.se\tiedepedia\index.php(52): MediaWiki->initialize(Object(Title), Object(OutputPage), Object(User), Object(WebRequest))
#11 {main}

Can anyone help

Post subject: Re: Joomla and Mediawiki
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:04 am 
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Mambowiki sucks!

After a lot of trouble bridging Joomla! with Mediawiki with existing components (not JFusion), me and other developers built our own bridges, syncronising user tables and enabling simultan logins/logouts with Joomla! Works great! :)

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:50 pm 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

yea thank you for the help glad this was able to get my mediwiki online thanks..

sarcastic of course

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:45 pm 
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Well, I wanted to advise you not to use Mambowiki at all...

But ok, this sounds like you installed each system (Joomla, MW) by itself and afterwards tried to merge both with Mambowiki, writing into the same database.

Is that correct?

Taiko

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:53 pm 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Taikonaut wrote:
Mambowiki sucks!

After a lot of trouble bridging Joomla! with Mediawiki with existing components (not JFusion), me and other developers built our own bridges, syncronising user tables and enabling simultan logins/logouts with Joomla! Works great! :)

I have MediaWiki and Joomla 1.5 installed side by side. Now I want to call MediaWiki from Joomla
(wrapper?) and do not want the user to log in again. Have done it with jfusion and phpBB.
Even managed to find a way to do it with PHPGedView but got stuck with MediaWiki.
I only allow registered users to use MW. So any tips are welcome to get the username/password problem solved.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:24 am 
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Have a look at this extension:
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... 89/details

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:38 pm 
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Have just installed MediaWiki Auto-Login - works great, the only downside however is when logging in, I can't edit or create any new pages in wiki... I think I must be missing a setting somewhere as everything else works great on it!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:10 am 
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Hi stormit,

maybe you need to adjust your LocalSettings.php in MW's root folder to allow users to create or edit articles.

If you show me your LocalSettings.php I could help you, if that is the cause for your problem!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:31 pm 
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Hi
I just downloaded this plugin and cannot for the life of me find the authjoomla plugin for mediawiki. I follow this link (and have googled a ton for it as well. Does anyone know if it stopped working with a new version of Joomla? (I have 1.5.20) or does anybody have a working link to the file?
Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:16 pm 
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

I'm using JWiki and got the same problem.
Can I use MediaWiki Auto-login as well?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:37 am 
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

The MediaWiki Auto-login developer's website (http://www.haroldprins.nl) doesn't seem to work any more. I managed to download the plugin from Joomla downloads but is there anybody who can help with getting it set up? Does it in fact still work?

Thanks