How to import a custom template ?

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
wmkie
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

How to import a custom template ?

Post by wmkie » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:14 pm

Hi friends !

I have my common.tpl.php template that is based on my style.css. I have the following common sections and they all are getting codes from include files.

1. Header (header.inc)
2. Menu (menu.inc)
3. Top pane (top.inc)
4. Left pane (left.inc, Here I will have a navigation bar according to the selection at Main Menu bar)
5. Middle pane (IT IS THE MAIN AREA OF TEXT CHANGING FROM WEBPAGE TO WEBPAGE)

5. Right pane (right.inc)
6. Bottom pane (bottom.inc)
7. Footer (footer.inc)

The file common.tpl.php is attached below in word document format.

Now, I want to import it in Joomla. Please tell me how to do it ? (I don't have any XML file, what I have is style.css in "css" folder, include files in "inc" folder, photos in "images" folder and Javascripts in "Scripts" folder and common.tpl.php (My custom template) directly on my web directroy "kie".

Regards,

Hemant
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OrangeCreative
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: How to import a custom template ?

Post by OrangeCreative » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:18 pm

This template file you have is one of several files that make up the template. It looks like it comes from a CMS(?) that uses Smarty as its templating engine.

Your safest bet would be to re-create the template as a native Joomla template.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”