Would like to help - translation or documentation

A place to discuss Joomla! translation matters.

Moderator: wendhausen

smartysmart34
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Would like to help - translation or documentation

Post by smartysmart34 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:06 pm

Hi there,

I have just recently started using mambo and I'm no expert for that reason. But what I've seen so far looks pretty good. So I decided to join here and support you with the great work you have done an will be doing.
Programming is too much for me at the moment (I have just started learning PHP) so I think documentation or translation would be great. So if you need any support in the area of german translation (actual translation or proof-reading) - just let me know.

Kin dregards,
Martin Soltau

infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Would like to help - translation or documentation

Post by infograf768 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:18 am

Got your pm and replied.

Thank you for volunteering.
Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf
---------------------------------
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group

andreasjuch
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Would like to help - translation or documentation

Post by andreasjuch » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:24 pm

Hi!
i've been using mambo some time and am using joomla now. i like the direction the project moves in and would like to support it as far as i'm able to. tough i've done some php programming, i'm don't know the structure of the joomla sources at all. so translation (and maybe documentation) would match my skills best at the moment. german is my native language. if help is needed in this area, i'd love to help as far as i 'm able to.

btw: i wonder why language files (except english ones) are not distributed within the official joomla packages. i would prefer this because they wouldn't have to be installed, and be "safe" (checked by the translation team).

cheers,
andreas

Return to “Translations”