Add Search Box to Article

Contact the Development Working Group here: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general

This forum is now closed and archived.
bbeshlian
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Add Search Box to Article

Post by bbeshlian » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:06 pm

I am a Joomla newbie. If this is not posted in the correct spot let me know. I want to add a search box to an Article. What has to happen is if you type in a keyword like "Assistant", then the titles (which are links to .PDF documents) appear on a new page in a new window and the links are functional. Is this possible? Thanks! Bill

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Add Search Box to Article

Post by imanickam » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:33 pm

Joomla! comes with a standard search module. Go to Module Manager and enable it. Since it is a module you have to publish it to a module position. If you are not finding the search module then create a new module from the Module Manager and select the Search as the module type.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

bbeshlian
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bbeshlian » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:42 pm

I went to the Module Manager and saw that the Search function is enabled. I cannot get the Search to display or even work. Is there a tutorial on the Module Manager, specifically the search function? Thanks!

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:34 pm

Look at http://www.joomla.org/about-joomla/getting-started.html. You can play around with the demo site.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Development”