Modifying JA Purity

Everything to do with Joomla! 1.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
short_fuse
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Modifying JA Purity

Post by short_fuse » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:11 pm

Hi,

I would like to change a couple of things in JA Purity bur am not sure how. I have already changed the header image, but I would like to get ride of the Font Size option on the header and/or whatever is creating the dark shadow over half of my header image.

I also want to know how to get rid of the "because open source matters" i've deleted it in the back end up it still shows up on the front end.

And my last thing for now would be, how can i remove the date and time and publisher from and article, i've added a photo gallery and would rather not have that there.

Thanks!

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Modifying JA Purity

Post by imanickam » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:39 pm

Please review the link http://docs.joomla.org/Ja_purity

(a) To remove the font-resize icons altogether comment the following line in index.php available in the \ja_purity directory.

<?php $tmpTools->genToolMenu(JA_TOOL_FONT, 'png'); ?>

(b) To remove the mask/dark shadow, comment the following css entry in template.css (line 935)
.ja-headermask
background:transparent url(../images/header-mask.png) no-repeat scroll right top;
display:block;
height:80px;
position:absolute;
right:-1px;
top:0;
width:602px;
}

(c) I believe that you refer to the Banner module when you refer to the "Open Source Matters" message. If it is banner then go to the Module Manager and disable the module "Banner".

(d) To remove the date, time and publisher information, go to Article Manager (Content -> Article Manager) and click on the Paramters icon on the top right. In the window that pops up make publisher name, date and time as hide.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

short_fuse
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by short_fuse » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:17 pm

removing the header mask doesn't seem to be working for me, or it is taking a long time to change.

the open source matters is the Slogan for the Logo, i changed the logo to text and removed the slogan "because open source matters" but it is still there, if i add a different slogan then it changes but i can't seem to remove it all together.

hiding the icons in the article worked great! thanks!

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:35 pm

(a) Create your logo file of the size 207x80 in PNG format and name it as logo.png. Replace the original logo image in the image directory below jw_purity. Alternatively, you can edit the following css lines in the template.css to reflect your image (name) and change the width & height.

h1.logo a {
width: 208px;
display: block;
background: url(../images/logo.png) no-repeat;
height: 80px;
position: relative;
z-index: 100;
}

(b) Comment the following css entries in template.css to remove the mask - thing black layer above the pictures on the right side. The comment of css starts with /* and ends with */

.ja-headermask {
width: 602px;
display: block;
background: url(../images/header-mask.png) no-repeat top right;
position: absolute;
top: 0;
right: -1px;
}

(c) If are looking for removing images coming on the right side of the header then remove the files under the directory ja_purity\images\header.

Best Wishes!
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator

MontanaBigDog
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by MontanaBigDog » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:02 pm

imanickam, Thanks for the great information. I was having the font size icon thing also and you help cleared it up. I had been searching all over for that info.

Thanks

short_fuse
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by short_fuse » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:40 pm

Thanks for all the help!

bentk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bentk » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:23 pm

Hi,

I'd like to remove all the header with logo, search box, and text size buttons in ja_purity.

I know I can turn off search modul, but I need to remove the whole header section.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:34 pm

You could introduce the css attribute display: none; in the following css entry that is available in the file template.css located in the directory /templates/ja_purity/css

Code: Select all

#ja-headerwrap {
	background: #333333;
	color: #CCCCCC;
	line-height: normal;
}
Generally, in these situations you could use the tool FireBug to inspect elements and view the css entries.

The tool FireBug that is available in browsers such as FireFox and Chrome could be used for this purpose. With FireBug you can inspect an element in a web page and find out its css entries and in which file the entries are located. You could even change the css entries to see how it affects the look and feel of your site. Once you are satisfied you could incorporate the changes in the actual file.

Review the document http://docs.joomla.org/Tutorial:Using_F ... la_Website for more information about how to use FireBug.

bentk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bentk » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:08 am

Thank you very much Master!
God bless you imanickam! :)
You are genius, working OK!

bentk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bentk » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:48 am

Hi imanickam,

I need your help again, sorry.

I'd like to insert a module in the header section, to display fb likes. I use fb like modules in the top of the articles, but I need one in the header section. I tried to position the module in user4 where the search module is, but it doesn't display at all after clean cache.
Is it possible to insert a module in the header section in ja_purity? I do not want to change this template, because this is the best template I have ever tried.

Thank you for all your help!

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 1.5”