Submission replies and deleting/editing submissions

Here you can contact the editors of our Resources site, as well as access infomation relating to this site.
siki
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Submission replies and deleting/editing submissions

Post by siki » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:38 am

First of all let me say that this directory is one of the best additions to the Joomla community.

I know how it is when volunteers work within an organization, but I find it sometimes odd that so many submission are getting published and some are still so behind. I'm sure that everybody is doing their best.

I've submitted my application ~1 month (20th June) ago and no answer since then. I wouldn't mind if I know that there's nothing wrong with my post and just waits for basic approval.

Accidentally I've added two of the same post and I would like to delete the second one, but there isn't any option for this, only for edit. I also find it a bit strange if I would like to edit it then I get a blank form.

All in all great stuff what you're doing so keep up the good work.

Thanks,
S
"Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look at what they can do when they stick together." If you have a facebook account then please become a fan at: http://www.facebook.com/webforyou - Web4YOU Facebook fanpage

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Submission replies and deleting/editing submissions

Post by mandville » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:50 pm

ref double posts, you can report the post for the mods to delete, and use the info box to say it was in error.

ref the submission, here is a copy letter sent to all JRD entrants - it may not apply to you, but was in general
Greetings from the JRD team,

First of all, we'd like to thank you all for your interest in the new Resources Directory and for your patience as we iron out various growing pains and streamline our approval process. We know this takes longer than most people would like and it means a lot that the complaints have been few and far between.

We've recently implemented a new checklist system that we'd like everyone to follow.

The checklist can be found here: http://resources.joomla.org/approval-checklist.html

We are asking all currently published and currently pending listing holders to fill out this information and return it to us in email to [email protected] . The new policy has also been made mandatory for any one registering after July 7, 2009. Some of the new registrants have already sent in the information and the system seems to be working well.

If we do not receive a response from you within 30 days we will unpublish your listing until the required information is sent in.

Why are we doing this? The main reason is that we have found that about 90% of submissions that come in have not met the required Terms of Service which were agreed to upon registration. This is causing extreme wait times for sites submitted to be approved as we are having to wade through the submissions not in compliance to get to the folks that are in compliance. With this checklist it is our hope that we have to spend less time on background checks and more time on quick and simple approvals.

The main obstacles we've run into since the launch are:

1) A large percentage of the submitted websites are in some form of Joomla!/OSM trademark violation. We cannot stress this enough, if you are using the Joomla! name or logos in any way on your website you MUST have documented approval from Open Source Matters to use them. This is a project-wide policy that will not be ignored by the JRD.

2) We're getting a lot of submissions that claim to be Joomla! experts in various forms but their websites mention nothing about the CMS. Please, if you'd like to be listed in the JRD, make sure there is something on your website that mentions Joomla and, preferrably, describes what you do with it.

3) We're really interested in community involvement. Yet, a lot of people submitting seem to have very little to no interest/involvement in the growth and success of the project or community. Being listed on the JRD helps bring traffic and business to your website. What we'd like to see in return is some evidence of community involvement, so please send us a link to your forum handle at http://forum.joomla.org . We will be checking that you have at least five (5) forum posts that are helpful or supportive of other community members.

So again, for a format to send this information to us at [email protected] , please refer to the JRD Approval Checklist, found here: http://resources.joomla.org/approval-checklist.html

Thank you in advance for you consideration and your involvement in the Joomla! Resources Directory and the Joomla! project.

Kind Regards,
The JRD Editors Team
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

siki
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by siki » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:01 pm

Hi Mandville,

Thank you for your reply.

Have a nice weekend,
Siki
"Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look at what they can do when they stick together." If you have a facebook account then please become a fan at: http://www.facebook.com/webforyou - Web4YOU Facebook fanpage

siki
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by siki » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:37 pm

I know they are very busy and I think a lot of applications are being made. I've submitted it a long time ago and still no answer, just pending.

I find it very strange, so I'm still waiting patiently. :pop

Regards,
Siki

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:33 pm

if you log into the resources page, then you should see the status of your application. if you are concerned that the application has either fallen off the list, either re apply, use the resources email (as in my post above) or use the resources contact page giving as much details as you can.
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted

eskwire
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by eskwire » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:47 am

Thanks for the posts and your time.

Here is where I am confused / frustrated.

I submitted my listing almost 2 months ago (June 17th) and I have not heard anything. I know everyone is volunteers an things take time.

I have actually submitted 3 times.
1. my initial submission (no real guidelines posted)
2. I noticed that the guidelines had changed so I sent a second email.
3. The guideline change was officially announced so I submitted then.

I know everyone is busy. If my submission from June 17 has not been posted and the submissions are processed in order I am afraid to think what the line is like now.

Not sure if I did something wrong, or I am being overlooked for submitting 3 times, or what.

Is the proper next step to email them again?

Any input is helpful.

Thanks!

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:01 am

it may be best to drop them a line at the quoted email to ask..
also mention your forum user name in the same request

siki
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by siki » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:32 pm

Hi Mandville and eskwire,

First of all thank you Mandville for your reply.

I have the same problem as eskwire. I have applied 3 times, and it is still pending. I wrote them a few email and contacted them via the contact us form, but no reply.

I have no idea if there's something wrong with my application or it's just pending. I can understand just like eswire that these are volunteers and working in their free time, but after such a time we should have received at least an email why our application has been rejected/ pending. If somebody has taken a look at our website then the least he could do is reply to the applicant what to problems are in his application so he can correct them asap.

Thanks,
Siki

siki
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by siki » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:40 am

Hi again,

Today I've contacted them (again) through the contact from. Being curious if this time I get a response.

Cheers,
Siki

siki
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by siki » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:54 pm

Hi Wendy, Steven, Jennifer, Gary, Chad and Lee,

I'm not trying to be ungrateful or anything in this category. But I find it still odd that I don't receive ANY answer here or to my emails regarding my application. ???

Just please let me know what's wrong with my application so I can correct my mistake and get listed.

Thanks,
Siki

Wendy
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Wendy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:35 am

Hey Siki,

Can you send us your email with the following checklist items answered inline?

http://resources.joomla.org/approval-checklist.html

We had to take this stance with approvals since we were getting inundated with submissions that did not meet even the basic requirements in the TOS. Since July, we've been focussing on submissions that come complete with all the requested info in the Checklist.

We blogged about it here on July 21: http://community.joomla.org/blogs/commu ... sting.html

I also emailed all the registered JRD users at that time with an explanation and I posted the letter I had written as a sticky at the top of this forum.

I'm sorry to have missed this topic though. It's been a crazy time. I hope this gives you a better idea of what we are asking for and I look forward to getting that email from you so we can get you on your way to JRD approval :)
Wendy Robinson
Joomla! Community Leadership Team member

siki
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by siki » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:42 am

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for your email. I very much appreciate your reply.

The thing is that I did received your email, and I did everything as asked in the email. I gave my best to have all the data in my email, but I haven't received any email. :'(

Today I will give it another try ... who knows I might get lucky.

Cheers,
Siki

siki
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by siki » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:58 am

Hi Wendy,

It has been sent right now. Hoping for an answer :pop

Thank you for your help.
Siki

siki
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by siki » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:24 pm

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Siki

Return to “resources.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”