free church templates?

Everything to do with Joomla! 1.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
joviyach
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

free church templates?

Post by joviyach » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:27 pm

Hello all,

I have been working on a Joomla site for my church and the church's school. I thought I had decided on a template but I quickly becoming frustrated with the lack of flexibility in the template features now that the church and school board members have begun the "creeping feature creature" portion of the project...

I am looking for a church appropriate template with a menu that can be either on the side or top, that also drops down and/or slides to show the categories and articles under the sections. I would also prefer that the CSS be fairly well documented in case I have to tweak font sizes, etc...

My budget is of course next to nothing unfortunately seeing as this is for a church.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: free church templates?

Post by mandville » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:26 am

for those that haven't seen it, can you post your current site so poeple know what to avoid..
try a search for university template there is one that should be 1.5 compatible and will allow greater flexibility
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

ranwilli
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by ranwilli » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:28 am

Jim,

I've done a lot of church sites, and I know of no reason that a church site would need a church template, in fact I don't know what a church template would look like.

My suggestion would be to find a free template (or even use one of the Joomla default templates) and modify it to suit your needs.

We have a whole forum here about modifying the Beez template (which is a truly magnificent template in many ways) to get it to look entirely different.
Don't HACK the Joomla! core, Instead "Extend" and/or "Override."
Stay ON the update path.
https://harpervance.com

pasey
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by pasey » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:52 am

Hello Jim,

Finding that perfect Template for your project can be quite frustrating, especially if you have your own specific ideas of how you would like your site to appear.

None the less, I've whipped up a religious themed template for you which you should hopefully be able to use to get started.

Heres a preview of it:

Ive uploaded it to my site if you would like to use it, you can grab it here:
http://www.zerotemplates.com/index.php/ ... ad&cid=187

I hope this helps, let me know if there are any problems!
Yahoo Web Hosting for Joomla http://thehostpimp.com/yahoo.htm

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:13 pm

pasey wrote:Hello Jim,
None the less, I've whipped up a religious themed template for you which you should hopefully be able to use to get started.
now thats what i call being part of the joomla community!

to assist, this is what they were ideally looking for
Still I no matter what settings I choose in the Menu section, I cannot get any of the templates I have to include the Categories and/or Articles below the Sections in the Main Menu.
from
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=428&t=432319
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

joviyach
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by joviyach » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:49 pm

I didn't notice this latest reply with the zero template until just now. I will give this a try. Thank you so much everyone for your assistance.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 1.5”