Converting a phpbb forum to Joomla Forum

Discuss the integratoin of phpbb and Joomla! here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
jeffc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Converting a phpbb forum to Joomla Forum

Post by jeffc » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:11 pm

Hi

I need your valued help please.

I have a phpbb forum with over 4000 posts. It is part of the website which i wish to make into a membership site. I need to know if it is possible to convert this phpbb forum so as to incorporate it into the joomla software.

Look forward to your valued feedback

Jeff

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Converting a phpbb forum to Joomla Forum

Post by Tonie » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:13 pm

You can install a bridge that will work between PHPBB and Joomla user databases.

jeffc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jeffc » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:51 pm

Hi

Can you point me in the direction of where I can obtain this bridge. Also I am still awaiting a reply to another question on another post. I do hope you do not mind me asking you. I have a photo gallery integrated within the forum. The software is:
PhotoPost PHP 5.02

See:

http://www.crazyaboutwesties.com/gallery/index.php

Is there also a bridge for converting these photos over to joomla

Look forward to your valued reply

Jeff

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Tonie » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:54 pm

I think this: http://www.joomlastuff.org/component/op ... Itemid,65/ is it. I have never used it personally, if you do decide to try, please create backups of data and databases first.

Freethinker99
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Freethinker99 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:06 am

I see that there are several threads on this subject of converting a phpBB forum to a Joomla site, so I'm posting in this old one so as not to start a new one.

However, I also note that most if not all of these threads are at least a couple of years old, so I'm wondering what is the best way currently to do this.

What I want to do is move my old phpBB forum, which has over 15,000 posts and 1300 users, to a new domain, where I just set up Joomla. I just started using Joomla and have almost no experience with php, css and the rest. I'm very experienced with html.

I also need to know how to do a 301 redirect on the old forum so that all the old posts will automatically be forwarded to their corresponding pages on the new domain. Many of these posts have a lot of links around the net to them, and I don't want to lose all those.

Any and all help and advice would be greatly appreciated in this process, as, again, I know next to nothing about php - or Joomla. I've done 301 redirects before, but with html sites, which was easy.

Thank you.

Freethinker99
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Freethinker99 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:27 pm

I'm still wondering if there are any updates to this post about converting a phpBB forum to Joomla. The link provided in the earlier post concerning a "bridge" doesn't work. Has anyone done anything like this lately, and can they help me?

Thank you.

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Tonie » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:43 pm

There are a few that can be found here: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... um-bridges

Return to “phpbb - Joomla! Integration”