Installation Issue with Latest Version on Localhost - WAMP

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
shotdsherrif
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Installation Issue with Latest Version on Localhost - WAMP

Post by shotdsherrif » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:30 pm

I just started the second Joomla website I've done in the last 2 weeks. I developed the first one in WAMP then was able (with some troubleshooting) to upload to a remote host without too many problems.

I've just done a new install for a much larger more ambitious project and now I'm having a problem.

The default site that loaded has a bunch of errors. The 3 main menu modules (Main Menu, Resources & Key Concepts) on the left all have the following error:

Code: Select all

Warning: Parameter 1 to modMainMenuHelper::buildXML() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\wamp\www\MuseDatesDev\libraries\joomla\cache\handler\callback.php on line 99
... instead of displaying the module contents.

***** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ********** Manual signatures are NOT allowed *****_____

I also got this error right above the footer on the front page:

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\MuseDatesDev\modules\mod_footer\mod_footer.php on line 24

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\MuseDatesDev\modules\mod_footer\mod_footer.php on line 30
***** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ********** Manual signatures are NOT allowed *****______

and in the Admin Section I'm getting a bunch of these errors displaying above the Module Icons:

Warning: Parameter 1 to JHTMLGrid::access() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\wamp\www\MuseDatesDev\libraries\joomla\html\html.php on line 87

Warning: Parameter 1 to JHTMLGrid::checkedOut() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\wamp\www\MuseDatesDev\libraries\joomla\html\html.php on line 87

I've already tried a fresh reinstall and I'm a little lost since I'm somewhat new to the platform. I have a feeling this is not a serious issue. Does anyone have any suggestions before I begin developing ... I've got a 3rd party Extension waiting to be installed ... :-\

Thanks in advance :)

shotdsherrif
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Installation Issue with Latest Version on Localhost - WAMP

Post by shotdsherrif » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:57 pm

So reading around ... I'm seeing that this is a likely PHP version issue as this current version of Joomla is not up and running with PHP 5.3 ...

So ... I'm guessing ... find and install an earlier version of PHP into my WAMP Setup???????

Am I correct? I'm heading over to the Wampserver Forum to see about doing that ...

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by dhuelsmann » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:31 pm

Currently Joomla is not compatible with PHP 5.3.0 so I suggest you downgrade your PHP version to 5.2.x http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=428&t=426456

You could also try to test the patch to use Joomla with PHP 5.3:
http://community.joomla.org/blogs/commu ... p-530.html
Regards, Dave
Past Treasurer Open Source Matters, Inc.
Past Global Moderator
http://www.kiwaniswest.org

shotdsherrif
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by shotdsherrif » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:50 pm

Answered my own question ... I was able to download a different version of WAMP with PHP 5.2.9.2 and switch between them in the little menu in the system tray. Soon as I did, the pages refreshed and all the errors disappeared.

Problem resolved!

shotdsherrif
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by shotdsherrif » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:53 pm

Thanks dhuelsmann ... I discovered the same thing. I'll take a look at that patch though ... ;)
dhuelsmann wrote:Currently Joomla is not compatible with PHP 5.3.0 so I suggest you downgrade your PHP version to 5.2.x http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=428&t=426456

You could also try to test the patch to use Joomla with PHP 5.3:
http://community.joomla.org/blogs/commu ... p-530.html

HH
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by HH » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:07 am

WAMP is excellent in switching the running environment, isn't it? :)

Glad that you figured out the problem and hopefully this will be fixed in the next 'stable' release of J!
Me = Wonder + Ponder
http://www.hichamaged.net/

shotdsherrif
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by shotdsherrif » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:55 am

Ya, I was blown away by how easy it was. I've just started a project and spent the last 3 days convincing the client that Joomla was the way to. It is a pretty robust paid membership/personal profile/dating site.

I'm going to be living and breathing Joomla for the next couple of months. and off to a good start! : )

HH
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by HH » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:31 am

So another client has been rescued to Joomla! :)
Good job and best of luck to move the pop the final version online away from the localhost!
Me = Wonder + Ponder
http://www.hichamaged.net/

shotdsherrif
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by shotdsherrif » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:56 am

I just completed my first upload to the server on a much smaller - brochureware type - Joomla site earlier this week. It was fairly painless, but then again there were no additional database involved. As a matter of fact, that is my next thread - MySQL integration ...

If you could point me in the direction of the best Joomla/MySQL docs out there ... I'm pretty good with PHP and databases ... but I'm going to have to become intimately familiar with the Core Joomla 72 table database and then see how to import or integrate from there. I love it that its in MySQL.

I cut my teeth in web development at a medium sized "luxury" travel website - they were on MSSQL for the longest time and recently redesigned their entire database from the ground up - and migrated to MySQL in the process. This is a $20M company were talking about. So enterprise level solutions rooted in open source are definitely beginning to happen. That's a good tiding!!

Return to “Installation 1.5”