Logged in users problem

Discuss the development and implementation of Joomla! modules here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
mlabello
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Logged in users problem

Post by mlabello » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:51 am

Sometimes it shows more users logged in then really are. If I go to "User Manager" I see one user logged in, yet on the administrator site it shows two as logged in.

Anybody know why this is happenning?

jeffchannell
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Logged in users problem

Post by jeffchannell » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:54 am

Because Joomla shouldn't report how many users are logged in to the admin interface unless you're in the admin interface. :)

So, you have 1 user logged in front end, 1 in back. It makes sense that the frontend reports 1 and the backend reports 2, right?
http://jeffchannell.com - Joomla Extensions & Support
http://biziant.com - Open Joomla Firewall/IDS
Unsolicited private messages/emails = hire me to fix your problem.
καλλιστι

mlabello
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by mlabello » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:12 am

I never logged into the frontend, I'm only logged into the backend so it should only show 1. But it shows two. It'slike if someone had logged in at some point it still shows up. Maybe they never loggedout and just closed their browser thinking that was good enough....I don't know. But I do not think that is it either.

Anybody experiencing this or found out why it happens?

weelliam
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by weelliam » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:28 pm

mine is saying i have 11 users logged in when there is only 1...

now i get the little edit picture and my site is corrupting on certain pages in IE.

anyone know the issue?

mlabello
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by mlabello » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:55 am

Perhaps try going into tools/global check in and clear items that may fix it. If not then you have something else going on.

weelliam
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by weelliam » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:32 am

yeh i ended up deleting that admin and setting up a new one ,,,seems to have fixed it for now, it may have happened after I set the site to offline. not sure if anyone else has had this problem

phillip760
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by phillip760 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:34 am

Just in case this helps anyone else, i was having a similar problem. I would have to enter login credentials twice to be able to log into the admin panel and it then showed 2 logged in admins. I went to the database and deleted all admin sessions from the "sessions" table and issues were fixed!

jazzking2001
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by jazzking2001 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:12 am

phillip760 wrote:Just in case this helps anyone else, i was having a similar problem. I would have to enter login credentials twice to be able to log into the admin panel and it then showed 2 logged in admins. I went to the database and deleted all admin sessions from the "sessions" table and issues were fixed!
you can fix it by a much simpler way
SimonCleaver wrote:Go to global config. Change Session Settings / Session Lifetime to a lower number.
I changed mine to 1, applied it, checked that all the phantom users are gone from the list, then change it back to default of 15
Worked for me.
answer taken from this forum post

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 2#p2219102
http://www.neocrisis.com/ - What will you find Next?

Return to “Modules”