Problems with Component Fabrik

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
bbeamish
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Problems with Component Fabrik

Post by bbeamish » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:31 pm

Hi there,
I am tryin to use a table componant called Fabrik. One of its requirements is that I use Joomla 1.5.3+. Could you please tell me where I can get this version. I have looked around and the highest one I can find is 1.5.15

thanks for your assistance,
Brian
Last edited by humvee on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: modified title to something meaningful see Forum Rules

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: where to find Joomla 1.5.3+

Post by Tonie » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:34 pm

1.5.15 (nov 2009) is way newer than 1.5.3 (april 2008), so I guess that should be more than enough.

bbeamish
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: where to find Joomla 1.5.3+.....the real problem

Post by bbeamish » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:54 pm

ty for the heads up

so if 1.5.15 is the latest version maybe you all have seen this error before. I know it is a component issue and you guys probably haven't got a clue what Fabrik's problem is but I thought I would ask anyway...

After installing Joomla and creating a basic webpage (which works very well!) I wanted to add Forms/tables of data to the site. I went on Joomla favored extensions page (http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/most-favoured) and after reading the reviews thought that Fabrik might help me with my forms issue. I downloaded it and installed it as per their online tuts. Once installed I went into the tables section and clicked 'view data' on their sample table.

The empty table comes up but I also get error mes.

"Warning: Parameter 2 to plgContentEmailCloak() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla15\libraries\joomla\event\dispatcher.php on line 136

Warning: Parameter 2 to plgContentLoadModule() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla15\libraries\joomla\event\dispatcher.php on line 136

Warning: Parameter 2 to plgContentPagebreak() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla15\libraries\joomla\event\dispatcher.php on line 136"

Any ideas/suggestions? Again I know this isn't a Joomla specific question but the boys at Fabrik havn't got a clue what is wrong (my previous post was their suggestion but they didn't know that 1.5.15 is a higher version then 1.5.3)....I was just hoping one of you guys might have seen this error before....

I would really like to work with Joomla, but wow there are just so many errors to deal with...

Thanks for any/all help,

Brian

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by dhuelsmann » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:32 pm

The error messages would suggest that you are using php 5.3 and a joomla version earlier then 1.5.15 which is the only joomla version compatible with php 5.3
Regards, Dave
Past Treasurer Open Source Matters, Inc.
Past Global Moderator
http://www.kiwaniswest.org

bbeamish
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

error looking at table data

Post by bbeamish » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:52 pm

ty for the reply....
I went through that with someone at Fabrik. Here is my sys info per their request:
"
PHP Built on: Windows NT BRIAN- 5.1 build 2600 (Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3) i586
Database Version: 5.1.37
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.3.0
Web Server: Apache/2.2.12 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.12 OpenSSL/0.9.8k mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.0 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0
Web Server to PHP interface: apache2handler
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.15 Stable [ Wojmamni Ama Mamni ] 05-November-2009 04:00 GMT
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.15) Gecko/2009101601 Firefox/3.0.15

Someone over a Fabrik suggested I take a look at (http://community.joomla.org/blogs/commu ... p-530.html) relating to php 5.3 issues. As well, I am using XAMPP on my local machine and am not using a server. Would this have a direct impact on this problem?

I am thinking its a php 5.3 issue myself but really I'm too novice at this to make a serious diagnosis.

thanks again for the help,
Brian

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by dhuelsmann » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:06 pm

1.5.15 resolved all php 5.3 errors so I suspect your joomla installation was not clean. Please either reinstall from a full 1.5.15 installation files except for the installation directory by overwritting your cuirrent files or do a full new install.
Regards, Dave
Past Global Moderator

thetrecker
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by thetrecker » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:51 pm

also using xampp

get same problems with SimpleLists

Warning: Parameter 2 to plgContentEmailCloak() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\xampp\htdocs\pub\libraries\joomla\event\dispatcher.php on line 136

Warning: Parameter 2 to plgContentLoadModule() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\xampp\htdocs\pub\libraries\joomla\event\dispatcher.php on line 136

Warning: Parameter 2 to plgContentPagebreak() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\xampp\htdocs\pub\libraries\joomla\event\dispatcher.php on line 136

Warning: Parameter 2 to plgContentNavigation() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\xampp\htdocs\pub\libraries\joomla\event\dispatcher.php on line 136

Warning: Parameter 2 to plgContentVote() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\xampp\htdocs\pub\libraries\joomla\event\dispatcher.php on line 136

Warning: Parameter 2 to plgContentEmailCloak() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\xampp\htdocs\pub\libraries\joomla\event\dispatcher.php on line 136

Warning: Parameter 2 to plgContentLoadModule() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\xampp\htdocs\pub\libraries\joomla\event\dispatcher.php on line 136

Warning: Parameter 2 to plgContentPagebreak() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\xampp\htdocs\pub\libraries\joomla\event\dispatcher.php on line 136

Warning: Parameter 2 to plgContentNavigation() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\xampp\htdocs\pub\libraries\joomla\event\dispatcher.php on line 136

Warning: Parameter 2 to plgContentVote() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\xampp\htdocs\pub\libraries\joomla\event\dispatcher.php on line 136

so is the an xampp problem would wamp be better (please don tell me to set up a linix pc lol)

thetrecker
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by thetrecker » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:03 am

ok uninstalled xampp and installed wamp instead also installed the addin of a later apache sever Apache/2.0.58 (Win32) PHP/5.2.1 mysql left as is every thing is working fine no error at all hope this will help some ppl

jonhk
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jonhk » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:02 pm

I have exactly the same error on my installation and with Simplelists. Is the obvious solution to reinstall 1.5.15? Hope not. Everything else is fine. Can I repair another way?

Thank you
Jon H K

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by dhuelsmann » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:54 pm

jonhk wrote:I have exactly the same error on my installation and with Simplelists. Is the obvious solution to reinstall 1.5.15? Hope not. Everything else is fine. Can I repair another way?

Thank you
Jon H K
Simplelists is the problem not Joomla. If you want to keep using that extension and the developer isn't making it compatible with PHP 5.3, then you should downgrade the PHP you are using.
Regards, Dave
Past Global Moderator

aerostrato
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by aerostrato » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:31 am

Hello, same issue here with Fabrik, Simplelists, and an old version of Joomlastats.

After having installed a backup copy of my site with Joomla 1.5.15 those problems remains.

Aerostrato.

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Tonie » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:54 pm

With Frabrik, Simplelists and Joomlastats still running? Your only solution is to either remove those extensions, or to go to an older version of PHP.

jonhk
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jonhk » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Simplelists is updated by developer since my last update here and now works fine for me in 5.15.

Regards,
JonHK

next4ideas
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Problems with Component Fabrik

Post by next4ideas » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi fellas, i have Xampp installed configured with php 5.3
and i need to change back to 5.2.9

could i make this change without uninstalling the xampp?
i mean setting some component of xampp?

thanks
Next4.com.br criação e desenvolvimento de sites SP

stavroch
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by stavroch » Fri May 13, 2011 12:54 pm

How can I solve the
Warning: Parameter 3 to mb_videobot() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/XXX/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php on line 136

I have PHP Version: 5.3.6

gurukatre
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by gurukatre » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:28 am

Hi Guy's

I was facing same problem.
for time being to resolve this problem, i have made some changes in core file.

i have open the following file
/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php
go to the line no 136 and
u guy's will see following line of code

Code: Select all

if (function_exists($observer['handler']))
{
       $result[] = call_user_func_array($observer['handler'], $args);
}
just u have to add one line

$args[1]	= & $args[1];
final code should look like this

if (function_exists($observer['handler']))
{
	$args[1]	= & $args[1];
	$result[] = call_user_func_array($observer['handler'], $args);
}
cheersssssssssssss :pop
Thanks
Kind Regards

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:22 pm

for those having this issue.

what posted above by @gurukatre works perfectly! :)
quick solution to those still hanging in the balance for either un-updated extension ;)

- g
"I was one of those who wondered why people would pay so much $$$$ to do something that was so much fun!" -R. Harkrider, Fortran Code Engr.

http://www.joomlaconsultancy.net

next4ideas
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by next4ideas » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:12 pm

I reinstall the Xampp without issue.
but you can back up the databases first.
Next4.com.br criação e desenvolvimento de sites SP

Krki
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Krki » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:59 am

gurukatre wrote: I was facing same problem.
for time being to resolve this problem, i have made some changes in core file.
Hi
I still have few older Joomla installations which was showing this and other errors because of newer PHP.

Sometimes PHP downgrade isn't possible because of other websites on same server which requires newer PHP.

So, your fix solved issues on my server. Thanks :)

Cheers

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”