Embed Jevents calendar in an article

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Rat Fink
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Embed Jevents calendar in an article

Post by Rat Fink » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:16 am

Going on 2 hours of frustrated research here...

I want to embed the full size Jevents calendar into a static article page. The instructions I've read unfortunately don't make sense to me:

1. Install the jevents calendar module and set it up to only display on specific pages. - nope, no option for that.

2. Use the Joomla loadmodule content plugin to embed the calendar in an article. - have no idea what the instructions mean ("Syntax in editor:{module [27]} where 27 is the modules id.")

:eek:

Could someone please clarify this for me? All I want for Christmas is a calendar to display on a static Joomla article page. Thanks for any suggestions for a noob.

I downloaded and installed all the above, but could not find what the OP was talking about. Maybe I've just been at this too long and need a break...

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Embed Jevents calendar in an article

Post by imanickam » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:21 am

If you want to embed a module in an article, you could do it using the command loadposition (http://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_put_a ... article%3F) command or extensions such as ModulesAnywhere (http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... clude/6402).

The instructions in the documents specified are pretty clear. Hope this helps.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Rat Fink
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Rat Fink » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:28 am

Splendid advice...I now have my JEvents calendar on the individual article page. Thank you for that link! I am almost there.

Now if I can solve one more issue, I'll be good to go. This is what visitors see when they click the "Calendar" link:

I do not want the calendar displayed in the left menu, as above. Rather, I would like for visitors to see the monthly calendar view by default, like this:

Is this possible? I'm hoping it's something really obvious, although I don't see a reference to it in the JEvents control panel.

Thank you again for your help thus far.

Rat Fink
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Rat Fink » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:08 pm

Wow! I just solved part of the problem myself! (That always happens after I finally break down and post for help.)

I now have the Calendar link set up as a JEvent, whereas before, it was an article. Silly oversight.

The only problem that remains is taking the mini-calendar view out of the left menu. I don't want it there at all. Not only is it redundant information (there are nav arrows on the large calendar), it appears to create a glut of white space at the top of the calendar:

Is there an easy fix I'm missing here?

Sorry about all the pictures today...I just figured visual learners might prefer them. Solve this and I am out of everyone's hair!

Thanks again.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:36 pm

Glad to know that you have resolved almost all the issues.

It seems that both the issues you mentioned (Too much space and Funky issue) are related to css. For example, if you look at the Main Menu, you can see the funky background also. Since it merges with a similar background, you do not notice it immediately.

Suggest reviewing the css entries using tools such as FireBug that is available in the browsers such as FireFox and Chrome and modifying the css entries. Review the document http://docs.joomla.org/Tutorial:Using_F ... la_Website that would be of help.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Rat Fink
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Rat Fink » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:38 pm

I'm on it - thanks!

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”