I am developping a training portal using Joomla as a CMS.
I am working with, an extension called "TRANSLATION MANAGER". (see here http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/languages/multi-lingual-content/1776
The idea of this extension is absolutely fabulous and I mean it really. Since it dramatically ease the important translation work to be carried out on other components as well as in joomla core.
Hence I am posting here as I am facing a major blocking bug that I couldn't worklaround despite many efforts. I hope to get some help from here if possible. Or at least to see if other persons are facing the same issue.
The problem is the following. I am using an extension called "Event Registration Pro" and I am wanting to translate its .ini file create a french and dutch .ini file using translation manager.
Everything seems to work fine up to the moment you press the"Apply" or "Save" button. from that moment there are no error generated, but ALL fields in the file are considered as "Extra Phrases" that are advised to be deleted. Plus that the left part of the translation area now show the KEYS in place of the source language phrases. Back to the main language screen. you can see that indeed all the field -1 ( 403 ) have to moved to the "Extra Phrase" Area and that the main field of the .ini file are now empty ( 0 / 404);
Here is below what I have done to try to locate the problem (Before each trial I have erased all file to start the test from the original situation)
I first thought it had to deal with en ini file encoding and I made sure it was UTF-8 (I tried with and without BOM) I didn't worked.
I tried to reduce the amount of filed in the file which was not a better solution.
I tried to scrap and create manually a source ini file and ... it still didn't worked, even with a source ini file made of one single parameter.
I thought it might be due to joomla version and I tried on 1.5.9, 1.5.14 and 1.5.15 versions. It still didn't worked. same issue.
I have tried on an online web hosting as weel as on local webserver using Wamp still not working.
The ODD thing is that the extension seems to works work like a charm for other core components I gave a trial.
In that way I have created a dummy .ini file in the source en-GB folder for a component that did not existed on the system. I made the translation but I faced the same issue as the one described here above.
Would the problem have something to deal with the components used, I really have no idea now.
I am joining some screen captures for you to better visualize the issue. see attached files.
Before the Apply button is pressed
before applying translation 1.JPG
After the Apply buttons is pressed
And when pressing the SAve button (actually the results in backend is the same as when pressing apply)
After Save .jpg
I don't know if anyone in the joomla community has experienced the same issue but I just can hope to get some help from you on this issue,
I think your component REALLY REALLY worth it for Joomla to keep growing in an enthusiastic way