Discuss: Joomla 1.5.15 Released

A place to discuss recent announcements made by the Joomla! Core Team. Let's hear what you have to say.
Atte
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Discuss: Joomla 1.5.15 Released

Post by Atte » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:20 pm

Hi There,

I have just installed the latest version of Joomla: Joomla_1.5.15-Stable-Full_Package

The problem I have faced is:
In the Front Page Manager when I click on one of the items listed there.. let's say 'Joomla! Community Portal' to edit it then the following SQL error is dropped by the MySQL when I want to save the changes or want to close this article:

500 - An error has occurred!
DB function failed with error number 1028
Sort aborted SQL=SELECT c.*, g.name AS groupname, cc.title AS name, u.name AS editor, f.content_id AS frontpage, s.title AS section_name, v.name AS author FROM jos_content AS c LEFT JOIN jos_categories AS cc ON cc.id = c.catid LEFT JOIN jos_sections AS s ON s.id = c.sectionid LEFT JOIN jos_groups AS g ON g.id = c.access LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u ON u.id = c.checked_out LEFT JOIN jos_users AS v ON v.id = c.created_by LEFT JOIN jos_content_frontpage AS f ON f.content_id = c.id WHERE c.state != -2 ORDER BY section_name , section_name, cc.title, c.ordering LIMIT 0, 20

What i found in this query is that after the ORDER by the 'section_name' is used twice.

Then I have ran the query above in a standalone SQL editor againist the same MySQL database -which is used by the Joomla- and the same error has occured. But when I removed either 'section_name' from the query the SQL ran without any problems.
I Did a quick search under the Joomla folder on the webserver to see which module is responsible for putting the query together and found that controller.php might be the one.

Does anybody else have any similar problems with it?

Thanks
Regards
Attila

dotcom22
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dotcom22 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:23 pm

Lever wrote:The .htaccess update, to block direct access to XML files, is quite brutal because I've noticed it stops Google from spidering my XML sitemaps.

Does anybody know how to write an exception for the "fix" to allow access to specified filenames e.g. sitemap.xml, news-sitemap.xml etc?
I plan to add also a sitemap soon...Can you please tell me witch one you use ? Xmap ? Joomap ? Other ?

The bad point with a specific htaccess exception added for any addons who need direct xml access that he can be removed by addon update process... So each time update are made is necessary to check this point for be sure htaccess are not removed or altered...Another solution for who have shell access to their host is to apply "chattr" command to the xml file for render the file immutable... See here for more info...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chattr

Here an example of command I use for make immutable some files on my server:

chattr +ai /home/username/public_html/path/to/addons/my_xml_file.xml (command for enable)

chattr -ai /home/username/public_html/path/to/addons/my_xml_file.xml (command for disable)

If no shell access are available you can probably ask your provider to do that for you...

kauselot
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by kauselot » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:00 pm

Use Xmap - it does not create XML files, it renders XML on demand (see example url bellow).
XML can be rendered by any dynamic script, the same way as Joomla creates html pages. Recent .htaccess changes block only direct access to XML filetype, not to XML pages rendered by scripts like Xmap.

You don't need sitemap.xml - to make Google aware of your dynamic sitemap, submit it via Google webmasters tools, for all robots (including Google) put it in robots.txt like this:

Sitemap: http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?optio ... 1&view=xml
Wanna know something Joomla? Hit the Joogpot! http://joogpot.eu
The LanternFish - translations manager for Joomla http://joogpot.eu/lanternfish

PCPablo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by PCPablo » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:11 am

frodo2021 wrote:So far, I've seen where the error comes up in the gallery in the new update from 1.5.14 to 1.5.15. In the folder media / system / js / caption.js. To leave the man on the 1.5.14 version works perfectly.
greetings
I replaced my 1.5.15 caption.js file with an older 1.5.10 caption.js file and captions wrap properly.

Kind of jerry rigged.

infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Joomla 1.5.15 Released-caption.js issues

Post by infograf768 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:07 am

PCPablo wrote:
frodo2021 wrote:So far, I've seen where the error comes up in the gallery in the new update from 1.5.14 to 1.5.15. In the folder media / system / js / caption.js. To leave the man on the 1.5.14 version works perfectly.
greetings
I replaced my 1.5.15 caption.js file with an older 1.5.10 caption.js file and captions wrap properly.

Kind of jerry rigged.
Concerning caption.js issues, please see
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla ... m_id=19405
Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf
---------------------------------
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group

Mandrex
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Mandrex » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:24 am

HI pe7er

How to new release version ?

since nov 2009 today apr not new version.
Mandrex :) ¡¡

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:20 am

Mandrex wrote:HI pe7er
How to new release version ?
since nov 2009 today apr not new version.
if i may answer that one, a new version will be released when it is needed.
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

Mandrex
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Mandrex » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:49 pm

dear mandville, thank you for your response, but, how we have new version?
Mandrex :) ¡¡

Return to “Announcements Discussions”