Change log-in landing page

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Hinson
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Change log-in landing page

Post by Hinson » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:13 am

I've searched the forums and the net but can't find the answer. When my members sign in, they are taken to their profile page. I want to change this so they are taken first to the front/main page. I've seen the switch somewhere but now cannot find it. Using joomla 1.5 with CB

Ripose
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Change log-in landing page

Post by Ripose » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:30 am

Go to Extensions --> Module Manager --> Login Form

Look on the right side for Login Redirection Page
Ripose
35 Years computer experience!

Hinson
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Hinson » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:49 am

Ripose, thanks for the response. I did do as you suggest above and set home as the redirect page but notta! I had done that previously but figured I'd give it another shot. Still kept going to the profile.

Then I noticed that the login form module was not published. So I looked around and found that a different login component had been loaded by the guy who helped me(read "did 99% of the work") set up the site.

The Login Redirection URL is listed as: index.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=54

So, how do I find the URL of the main page?

marccopp
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by marccopp » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:24 pm

Hinson, I was having the same problem and got looking at the page source. It is drawing the user log in from the components/com_user/views/login/view.html.php file. If you go into this file and edit line 61 for the login destination or line 62 for the logout destination it will take care of what you are trying to acheive. They are both set to the index.php and if you replace that with what you want for your destination it will direct there.

'index.php?option=com_user&view=login%20&Itemid=65' is what I put in on line 61 to stay at the login page once successfully logged in.

catherine1941
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by catherine1941 » Tue May 18, 2010 10:13 pm

I have my login inside of an article. When I login it keeps me on the same page/article containing a log out button. I want it to redirect to a new page that I have created as my landing page, as I have no User Menu in my install. My landing page is not found inside of the login redirect dropdown in module manager. In module manager I can only link to a menu item. My landing page is not a menu item. Please explain either how to 1) install a User Menu and how to edit it, or 2) How to set up my login module to direct to the article(page) that I have created.

Please advise.

Return to “Administration 1.5”