Windows 7, Joomla and XAMPP

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
tmsglob1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Windows 7, Joomla and XAMPP

Post by tmsglob1 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:00 am

Hi Everyone,

We have been working on Joomla for a while using Xampp and everything was just fine. Recently we installed Windows 7 in our computer and then we re-installed Xampp.

Our present configuration is:
Windows 7
Server: localhost
Joomla: 1.5.15
Apache: 2.2.11
XAMPP: 1.7.0
MySQL: 5.1.3
PHP version 5.2.8
Directory Permissions: everything is writable

We found these fatal errors in Joomla backend:

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'JCacheStorageapc (1)::test' was given in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla15\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 143

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'JCacheStorageeaccelerator (1)::test' was given in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla15\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 143

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'JCacheStoragefile (1)::test' was given in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla15\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 143

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'JCacheStoragememcache (1)::test' was given in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla15\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 143

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'JCacheStoragexcache (1)::test' was given in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla15\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 143

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'JSessionStorageApc (1)::test' was given in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla15\libraries\joomla\session\session.php on line 283

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JSessionStorageDatabase in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla15\libraries\joomla\session\storage\database (1).php on line 135

What should we do to fix these problems?

Thanks

tmsglob1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Windows 7, Joomla and XAMPP

Post by tmsglob1 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:13 pm

We really do not know what those lines are. We found them in Global Configuration in Joomla backend. Whatever they are, they are preventing us to access the Global Configuration in Joomla backend.

Help please!!

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by dhuelsmann » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:42 pm

I suspect you clobbered something in Joomla while converting to Windows 7 and reinstalling xampp (Tho I note you are not on the current version of xampp). I suggest you get the full stable install package for 1.5.15 and extract it on top of your joomla installation. Then remove the installation directory. That should correct any scrambled files.
Regards, Dave
Past Treasurer Open Source Matters, Inc.
Past Global Moderator
http://www.kiwaniswest.org

tmsglob1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tmsglob1 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:00 pm

Thank you for your reply. We have a question for you before we apply your suggestion. Should we update XAMPP to the current version? Could Joomla 1.5.15, XAMPP 1.7.3 and Windows 7 work together?
Thanks for your help!

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by dhuelsmann » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:12 am

They should work just fine though there is no particular reason to upgrade first.
Regards, Dave
Past Global Moderator

tmsglob1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tmsglob1 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:40 am

Hi dhuelsmann,

I did what you suggested me to do: I got the full stable install package for 1.5.15 and extracted it on top of my joomla installation and then I removed the installation directory. You said that in doing this it should correct those scrambled files. However, when I try to access the Global Configuration in Joomla backend, I found the following lines:

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'JCacheStorageapc (1)::test' was given in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla15\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 143

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JCacheStorageApc in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla15\libraries\joomla\cache\storage\apc_1.php on line 156

1.I followed this path: C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla15\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 143
and in the cache.php file I found :

if(call_user_func_array( array( trim($class), 'test' ), array())) {
$names[] = $name;

2.I followed this path: C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla15\libraries\joomla\cache\storage\apc_1.php on line 156

and in the apc_1 PHP file: the line 156 is the last line and content only this: {

Whatever these lines are, they are preventing me to access the Global Configuration in Joomla backend.

I do not know if this is important, I used the 7-Zip File Manager for extracting the package for 1.5.15, and after extracting 100 % the 7-Zip reported:

Total size: 14 MB
Files Processed: 2524
Errors: 1655
xmlpc\includes\framework.php

(I do not know if those errors were fixed during the extraction)

Also, just in case that is needed I am writing down for you the directory which is in my joomla15 folder: (BTW I did the extraction of the full stable install package for 1.5.15 on 4/2/2010)

Name …..................... Date modified
Administrator.................. 1/29/2010
cache.............................. 1/29/2010
components.................... 1/29/2010
images …....................... 1/29/2010
includes.......................... 4/2/2010
incoming........................ 8/17/2009
language......................... 4/2/2010
libraries.......................... 4/2/2010
logs................................ 4/2/2010
media............................ 4/2/2010
modules.......................... 4/2/2010
plugins............................ 4/2/2010
templates............................. 4/2/2010
tmp..................................... 4/2/2010
xmlrpc …........................... 4/2/2010
(1).htacces........................... 3/15/2009
.htacces …............................ 3/15/2009
CHANGELOG …............... 3/23/2010
configuration...................... 8/15/2009
configuration.php-dist............. 6/16/2009
COPYRIGHT.......................... 6/16/2009
CREDITS............................... 3/23/2010
htaccess.................................. 11/14/2009
index(1).............................. 3/15/2009
index.................................. 3/15/2009
index_1........................... 11/14/2009
index2(1).............................. 3/15/2009
index2 …............................ 3/15/2009
index2_1............................. 11/14/2009
INSTALL (1)....................... 3/15/2009
INSTALL.......................... 3/15/2009
INSTALL_1......................... 11/14/2009
LICENSE (1)........................ 3/15/2009
LICENSE........................... 3/15/2009
LICENSE_1....................... 11/14/2009
LICENSES......................... 3/23/2010
LICENSES_1…............... 11/14/2009
robots(1).............................. 3/15/2009
robots …......................... 3/15/2009
robots_1............................ 11/14/2009

Are all of these File folders and PHP files necessary for joomla performance? Looks like I am getting duplicates. If you can see the Date modified column looks like they were installed on different dates, as I told you I really do not know if this is important for you to help me.
Thank you for your help.

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:39 am

You had not cleared the original files and/or when asked whether you wanted to "move and replace" OR "move and keep" the existing files you chose to KEEP them and therefore duplicates were created rather than actually replacing the files you needed to.

tmsglob1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tmsglob1 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:57 pm

Thank you for your help. What do you recommend that I do at this point? I am not sure which files to keep or what files to delete. Could you please give detail instruction on what to do? I am new at Joomla stuff.

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:34 pm

As you have the site hosted on your local host then simply delete the contents of the root/ directory into which you installed Joomla! on your remote host.

If this is the web_root/ then check with your hosts first so that you do not try and remove any of their bespoke files.

Then I would suggest you may like to try using Akeeba (fka - JoomlaPack) to move your site, it has received a lot of positive reviews.

Follow the detailed information on their web site as to how to use it.

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by dhuelsmann » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:47 pm

You made a mess of it. My suggestion. Delete everything in your joomla15 folder except for configuration.php. Extract the full stable install package for 1.5.15 in your joomla15 directory. Remove the installation directory. Either move back the origional configuration.php or if you never removed it, you shloud be ok. No with apache and mysql services running, access your joomla installation through the xampp browser at http://localhost/joomla15
Regards, Dave
Past Global Moderator

tmsglob1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tmsglob1 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:11 pm

Thank you. I will do it and let you know what happens.
Stephen

daniel_jackson2
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by daniel_jackson2 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:17 pm

@tmsglob1
Hi, I use Windows 7 X64, never had a problem and never will. I have a question, did you upgrade or do a fresh install when you put Windows 7 on? The reason being is because if you upgraded (which you probably did) then you still actually have your old folders (C:\\Windows.old\) and you also still have server XAMP (not installed, but directed to a root folder). What you need to do is delete the XAMP folder in your "C:\\Window.old" folder then reinstall XAMP and tell it where the new root is (The new root being the original root folder that now resides inside C:\\windows.old). Technically you should be taking the files out of your old root folder and puttin gthem in the new root, and you should have backed up your database before you upgraded to Windows 7.

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by dhuelsmann » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:27 pm

@daniel_jackson2 - Please read the thread carefully.
tmsglob1 wrote:Recently we installed Windows 7 in our computer and then we re-installed Xampp.
Regards, Dave
Past Global Moderator

tmsglob1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tmsglob1 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm

Thank you for your help. I did as you recommended: “Delete everything in your joomla15 folder except for configuration.php. Extract the full stable install package for 1.5.15 in your joomla15 directory. Remove the installation directory”

And, I got this result:

1.- In the backend everything seems to be working but it is not, when I try to open a component like the JC Editor, VirtueMart, JoomlaFish, JoomlaPack, Template and Languages I found this: “404 - An error has occurred. Component Not Found”.
2.- When I try to add an article I get a white page
3.- In the frontend nothing is working, when I click anything I get error 404
4.- I tried to import my backup using phpMyAdmin and I got this:

Error
SQL query:
--
-- Dumping data for table `jos_advancedtools_menu`
--
INSERT INTO `jos_advancedtools_menu` ( `menuid` , `name` , `link` , `class` , `csspath` , `cssfile` , `published` )
VALUES ( 1, 'Update Manager', 'index.php?option=com_jupdateman', 'class:install', '', '', 1 ) , ( 2, 'Package Manager', 'index.php?option=com_jpackageman', 'class:module', '', '', 1 ) , ( 3, 'Library Manager', 'index.php?option=com_jlibman', 'class:plugin', '', '', 1 ) , ( 4, 'Table Editor', 'index.php?option=com_tableeditor', 'class:config', '', '', 1 ) , ( 5, 'JSitePoint', 'http://jsitepoint.com', 'class:cpanel', '', '', 1 ) ;
MySQL said:
#1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:47 pm

Your database is fine, but you have to restore the files for the extensions you have installed.

verdecove
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by verdecove » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:08 pm

tmsglob1 wrote:Thank you for your reply. We have a question for you before we apply your suggestion. Should we update XAMPP to the current version? Could Joomla 1.5.15, XAMPP 1.7.3 and Windows 7 work together?
Thanks for your help!
I have installed the current version of XAMPP and Joomla 1.5.14 and have no problem at all.
Everything was working fine from the first try on.
Just make sure whatever XAMPP version you are going to choose, you will read the documentation about any known issues with Windows 7.
Regards
verdecove
http://cleanstar-homeandgardenworld.com

tmsglob1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tmsglob1 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:33 am

Hi Per Yngve Berg ,
Thank you for your reply. I suppose you realized I am new at Joomla stuff. As you can see in the post above when I try to open a component this is what I found “404 - An error has occurred. Component Not Found”.
Could you tell me please step by step what to do in order to restore the files for the extensions that I already have installed but they appear to be missing now?
Stephen

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:52 am

1) Get the extensions.

2) Unpack the file.

3) upload.
There may be several directories. One under components, one for each module (under modules) and some under administration.

Return to “Installation 1.5”