Modal Lightbox from a menu item

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Jerren
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Modal Lightbox from a menu item

Post by Jerren » Sun May 02, 2010 1:55 pm

This one one of those items that in theory should be so simple but I am just missing it...

I run a travel site and I want to display various "vendor" related sites in an iframe in a lightbox, the general idea is to keep them from completely navigating away from my site. I literally see dozens of plugins and modules for this but none of them will just let me do exactly what I want:
  • User clicks menu item.
  • Iframe to target displays in lightbox, letting user brows external site without leaving mine...
  • User closes lightbox-returned to previous page.
I could target a article with the menu item but how do I return to the previous page after they close the modal? better yet never leave that page in the first place?

I have tried playing with the Wrapper component but it just looks ugly no matter how I tweak the settings, they are just too far off from the site design to ever have it flow properly so as in woodworking I figure if you can't hide it highlight it.

Any Ideas or Suggestions?

Jerren
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Modal Lightbox from a menu item

Post by Jerren » Mon May 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Return to “Administration 1.5”