I kind of feel like a MF idiot, for posting a question to a thread that almost certainly contains the answer, already....uh, somewhere in there. It's not that I'm lazy, I just literally get a headache after reading code for too long, because it's not whatsoever comprehensive, and it's a lot like reading math equations, only if all the numbers were replaced with words (no, not like word problems...those actually tell a logical story).
Aaaaanyway, I hope someone can help me, here. This certainly seems like the go-to spot for session path and PHP errors. Plus, it is because I recently downloaded the wicked helpful Jt extension, that I was finally able to see what has been plaguing me (the admin.) for as long as I've been using Joomla!.
Please, God, I hope someone answers my post, because I've tried asking this question (in so many words), across all kinds of different forums and threads. Nobody has helped me so far, but perhaps that's because I couldn't yet effectively describe the problem.
The "umbrella" problem has always been this: I have never had access to my HTML/PHP content files, since I started building my website. The only way I was ever able to state the problem to anyone before now, was by saying "I don't know where my coded content lives. Where are my articles hiding out, at the root (not at the backend)? How am I supposed to tidy the code of module X, when I have no access to its PHP files?"
Nobody could help me. But now I realize (or I think I realize) that I am being restricted by the DB. And I'm also missing at least one file, which I presume is of some importance--it's the Joomla administrator .htaccess file. I have the other one at the html root, but apparently I need one in the admin directory, too. I have no idea where this file went/ is/ got deleted from, but it's not there.
Here are the other diagnostics, which I thought might represent issues, and in no particular order:
Session Directory = Unwritable
Open Base Drive = None
Session Save Path = None
Virtual Directory Support = Off
allow_url_include = Off
always_pop_raw_post_data = Off
expose_PHP = Off
safe_mode_gid = Off
allow_call_time_pass_reference = Off
asp_tags = Off
define_systemlog_variables = Off
register_globals = Off
register_globals_argv = Off
register_long_arrays = Off
zend.ze1_compatibility_mode = Off
Basically, I copied everything on the screen was in the "Off" position---that's what I posted above. I guess I sort of assumed that I should pay closer attention to the "Off" functions, rather than the one's that are still operational.
I would just really love to have real
control over the content on my website. While it's worked out okay so far, I'm now starting to put out HTML validation errors, which are so frustrating, because I have NO WAY to fix them. Help, help, help! Pallleaze!