Drop-shipping site help??

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
comments
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Drop-shipping site help??

Post by comments » Sat May 08, 2010 11:06 pm

Hi everyone.

I have built several websites with Joomla for businesses with information about their company, pictures, etc. The sites themselves are nice. My wife is a graphic designer by profession and when we team up we can create some good sites.I have also built a couple websites that are community driven, so I have a pretty good idea of how to build sites with Joomla is all I am saying.

So here is what i need help with. We received an invitation in the mail (from OnlineStores company) for info on how to build an online store with dropshipping. We are really interested in this because we are looking for extra income on the side. Their package which is pretty much complete, and really gives you all the tools needed from start to finish, like drop shipping integration, product integration, merchant account (so you can take credit cards) etc. But it costs $3,400.00 and I think I could do it with Joomla. I need some advice though... I went to the seminar and I bought it (financed it) but I have a 3 day cancellation right so I need an answer on this quick

What I am not sure that I can do with Joomla is the product integration, specifically find a drop shipping company and have their products easily integrate/load onto my site, with descriptions, prices, pictures etc.

Is there a way to do 'product integration' with Virtuemart or another extension(s)?

ANY advice would be very helpful.

stevepops
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Drop-shipping site help??

Post by stevepops » Sat May 08, 2010 11:59 pm

First if you feel you will have a decent ROI on your $3,400 you should be happy BUT my advice to you is to CANCEL NOW and get your money back. A 3 day evaluation period is crazy, these programs are mostly designed to RIP have you googled the name of the program and added the word scam in your search? You won't really find the programs shortcomings until you are further down the road and locked well into the program.

When that being said when setting up something like this you really really need to have sketched out your business your business routines and such.

You need to know exactly how does your wholesellers provide their information. Do they all come in the same format?

How do you send orders back to the shipping company?

IMHO you are asking for something that is rather complex, specially when it comes to the situation where an order contains products from different dropshippers.

You can probably do it in VirtueMart, however I would not advise using VM, Check out some of the other shoppingcart available for Joomla, one is redDHOP from redcomponent.com they are very responsive and release new features at a great pace. It will cost you $300 but that's about 90% better than $3,400 - and what was their annual fee there after?

comments
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by comments » Sun May 09, 2010 12:18 am

There was no renewal fee it was a perpetual license, but their hosting is $30 a month. I think I will cancel it but I want to be sure that I can do all of the stuff they can do on my own. Thank you stevepops for your help. Anyone else have any advice?

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Sun May 09, 2010 4:53 am

Drop the purchase as the devil. You have multiple Open Source solutions that do this including Joomla's Virtuemart.

Besides that if you are on a shared hosting package and you pay US$ 30/month you pay too much

Get your money back...hurryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

comments
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by comments » Sun May 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Than you for the reply, leolam. I think I am going to cancel and get my money back tomorrow. Has anyone used IXXO that includes the software, store front and everything? What is your feedback/experience with them? Any tips?

If they are not who to use wen setting up a drop ship store, than who is?

elefsis
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by elefsis » Wed May 19, 2010 11:07 am

You can't go wrong with IXXO.
IXXO fully supports drop-ship and the support is excellent.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”