The prettier version of this may be seen at: http://people.joomla.org/community-guidelines.html
The goal of people.joomla.org is to provide a networking opportunity for all the members of the Joomla! community and provide the best experience possible. To achieve this, there are a few usage conditions and guidelines that have been set forth to maintain consistency across the site and hopefully avoid confusion and let the community be a community!
We respect the rights of individuals and expect you to do the same. If you feel any content violates any of these guidelines, or you need to bring it to the attention of a moderator please use the ‘Report’ link to notify the moderators.
Code of Conduct and Generally Accepted Behavior
* The same code of conduct that applies to the family of Joomla.org sites also applies here at people.joomla.org. You can find the full document here.
* DO NOT SEND SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM, unless expressly invited to do so. Using the PM system to solicit work or promote commercially is not allowed. Abuse of the PM system in this way can lead to your membership being removed.
* You may not use profile images or avatars for personal attacks, aggressive behavior or harassment. Without notice to you, we may, but have no obligation to remove or add profile images.
* Spam will not be tolerated.
Advertising and Promotion
Promotion of services, products or companies should be reasonable and is only allowed in your personal profile or a GPL and Trademark guidelines compliant Fan Club about that company, service or product. No self or commercial promotion in Topical Discussion Groups is allowed by default, the group leaders are ultimately moderating their groups.
People.joomla.org is about people, not companies and the focus should be on enabling discussions and not promotions.
* Groups are encouraged to have several administrators.
* A group's purpose should be related to Joomla!.
* Duplicates should be avoided, and every effort will be made to merge duplicates and group leaders.
* Groups about extensions and companies should be created in the spirit of enabling user discussion and collaboration.
* The Group leaders should take votes or make guidelines for their group as long as they also conform to the people.joomla.org guidelines.
Group Ownership - Groups belong to all
* All groups belong to people.joomla.org.
* A group "creator" is the person who suggested the creation of a group. The group creator may be changed to a moderator or administrator of people.joomla.org at any time.
* Groups are open forums giving the ability to any user to post and participate in discussions.
* We do encourage that groups elect/add several group "admins" (aka group leaders).
* User-suggested groups should be "topical discussion groups" in nature (i.e., Server Setup Discussion Group) or Area User Groups (groups of users that are geographically in a location, but not an approved JUG).
Special Groups and Fan Clubs
Some group categories are reserved for "special groups" which are:
* Fan Clubs - Discussion group for providers complying with GPL and TM. Providers and Developers not complying with GPL and TM standards are not permitted to have a Fan Club Group.
* Official Working Groups
* Registered JUGs
The events area is for Joomla! events only and must adhere to all other guidelines set forth in this document.
* Those who do not follow the guidelines as stated above may be warned: three (3) Warnings are given before the repeat offenders receive a permanent ban.
* Users with offensive usernames or avatars will be blocked without warning - if you need to change your username, please post a request on viewforum.php?f=576
* Content not following the guidelines may be deleted or edited without warning.
* Spam will not be tolerated and will result in an immediate ban.
* We reserve the right to adjust these guidelines as is deemed necessary.
* We also reserve the right to adjust the consequences to fit the case.