The Joomla! Forum ™

Forum rules

Please use the Forum Post Assistant to give your server setting details which are necessary to determine the problem.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:26 pm 
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Hi,

I tried to convert an existing Joomla 1.5 template to a 1.6.

I didn't change much. Changed the version number in templateDetails.xml and added folders to the file as well.

I uploaded my template via Dreamweaver ftp. At first Joomla 1.6 backend did not see my template. I went to install and hit "Discover" and it found it.

So I then clicked on it, installed and activated it.

On the Front End, I got an error stating "The template for this display is not available. Please contact a Site administrator." I did a search on Google and could not find much on this. The only think I found was a guy who had the same problem and said that after a while the problem sorted itself out and went away. Weird.

So I switched to another template, atomic, and that one gave the same error message. I figured I must have really screwed something up.

This was yesterday. I went home, and when I came back this morning, atomic was working on the Front End again.

So I went and tried to switch it back to MY new template, and no dice, same error. I've searched and searched and tried changing A LOT of settings. I am not having any luck. I'm not sure if I need to wait it out, or if there is something I am missing when it comes to converting templates.

Anyone have any CLUE what is happening?
here is my site
www.thealphachallenge.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:39 pm 
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

well I wouldn't say I fixed it, because I still don't know what caused it.

In the end I just put MY files into the atomic folder and uploaded them. That seemed to work. The only changes I had to make were to templateDetails.xml. Other than that I just did a straight overwrite of the files and they all worked (for the most part).

There was an issue with my article default_item.php but I am fixing it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:49 pm 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

I had this problem and had to check the folder name was the same as the name in the xml
See this link for more info http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla ... m_id=22617

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]