SEF gone south when moving servers

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Nachte
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

SEF gone south when moving servers

Post by Nachte » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:02 pm

Hello,

i'm trying to get SEF urls to work on a site i'm working on, running joomla 1.5.20 stable on an IIS 7 server, where fastcgi is installed. the Host is Mijnhostingpartner.nl.

First let me describe what the problem is. I have created the website on my own hosting space, that is with the same provider, but a different server. The problem i was having was that i could not get SEF working the way i should, but then somehow after enabling all three SEF options in the global configuration, it started working (on my dev site). It had something to do with the order in which i activated the SEF options. One by one, save, next one, but i have no clue in which order, and tried them on the production server, but no effect. Now i've moved it over to the actual server, but there i'm getting the same problem as before, with all three activated, i can click whatever menu i want, it sends me back to the front page.

I've tried akeeba backup/restore, i've tried copying it over with ftp, replacing the db with phpmyadmin, but i can't get it working on the actual server.

Code: Select all

if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_REWRITE_URL']))
{
    $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = $_SERVER['HTTP_X_REWRITE_URL'];
}
was inserted at the beginning of the template, but no effect.

I've put the web.config in place, and seems to be working on my dev server.

Anyone have any idea why it's not working on the production one, even after doing a one on one copy of the dev one?

Thanks,
Kristof

Dr_Scythe
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: SEF gone south when moving servers

Post by Dr_Scythe » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:42 am

Can you post your web.config? I'm having a similar issue so I'd like to compare the web.config files.

Nachte
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: SEF gone south when moving servers

Post by Nachte » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:06 am

It had nothing to do with the web.config. For some obscure reason it wasn't loading it, that even the host couldn't figure out :/
Now it is loading/processing and everything works

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 on IIS webserver”