Best E-Commerce Shopping Cart?

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
csknight
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Best E-Commerce Shopping Cart?

Post by csknight » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:51 am

Is there any IXXO Cart Plus users? Appreciate your inputs.
csknight wrote:For some of you who have bought IXXO Cart Plus licenses, I'll appreciate if you could help me understand how the license works.

Background :
My client has a working website with a license of IXXO Cart Plus bought in 2007/2008. They requested us to migrate their website to a new web host. After the migration, the shopping cart admin function failed to work as it complains that the license is invalid. I can understand that the license is tied to the domain name and there is a license number installed on the server. Is the license also tied to the host server IP? Is the permanent license not meant to be migrated to a different host?

IXXO gave us 2 options : Buy a new license or they will not answer our enquiries.
Hence, appreciate if any of you who has experience with the product provide us some tips.

Thanks!

CritiKill
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by CritiKill » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:51 am

I would have to say that JHShop is by far the best shopping cart solution for Joomla, wipes the floor with Virtuemart in every single way. Check it out at www.jhshop.info

IXXO
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by IXXO » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:58 pm

The process is straight forward. The person who owns the license should send us an email requesting the change, using the registered email address.

We cannot re-issue any license if the request is not from the license owner.
-----------------------------
IXXO Internet Solutions
Making ecommerce work...
http:www.php-shop-system.com

csknight
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by csknight » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:59 am

IXXO wrote:The process is straight forward. The person who owns the license should send us an email requesting the change, using the registered email address.

We cannot re-issue any license if the request is not from the license owner.
What a surprise respond!
However, why is there no respond from IXXO even when we made the request through the registered email address?

IXXO
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by IXXO » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:52 pm

There was a respond but nobody replied. If the email was really from the owner of the license he should have responded that he agrees with the change.

I will also suggest that you do the needful instead of posting here where no-one can help.
-----------------------------
IXXO Internet Solutions
Making ecommerce work...
http:www.php-shop-system.com

Clifford12
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Clifford12 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:56 am

There are many E-commerce shopping cart's available. If you are using joomla powered website you can have Joomla shopping cart extension available to work with.Otherwise i suggest you to use Magento shopping cart. :)
Signature rules: Literal URLs only - http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

sn00ze
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sn00ze » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:01 pm

ServiceFly wrote:I see RedShop hasn't really been discussed here. Anyone have comments on RedShop?
Yes, what do people think on RedShop? anyone using it?

ckames
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ckames » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:02 pm

We've been using IXXO for about 6 months and could not recommend it to anyone else. We have found the product itself to be difficult to configure, difficult to use, and poorly documented, and the product support team to be argumentative and unhelpful. Once its up and running it reliably processes transactions, but it is just too much trouble to make changes. We will be migrating to another platform as soon as is practical.

jtlutgen
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jtlutgen » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:07 pm

My vote goes to tienda - their community version - is by far the best i have seen.

VM- is a HUGE Beast - and heavy to load
JHSHOP - i have to many complaints about them - still trying to get a refund - great concept not really main stream.

OpenCart - doesn't integrate with joomla but its open source and it works

Redshop - is pretty heavy as well.. .its nice but its a little expensive for my blood.

Rok - has a great quick app - not HUGE or full featured but if you need a simple shop my vote goes there.

HikaShop ---> just added - i will try this out and report back.. this one looks promising. -

jtlutgen
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jtlutgen » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:13 pm

ckames wrote:We've been using IXXO for about 6 months and could not recommend it to anyone else. We have found the product itself to be difficult to configure, difficult to use, and poorly documented, and the product support team to be argumentative and unhelpful. Once its up and running it reliably processes transactions, but it is just too much trouble to make changes. We will be migrating to another platform as soon as is practical.

I would agree-- on the argumentative - i talked to them - about their for cost option. They told me it was going to be 1K or whatever the quote was. I returned back to them thats way to high for me - especially on a small site that we have this was their take

As for those who claim that our support does not respond they must be dreaming or they have other interests.
We are not going to convince you for our support because we know from the reports that our average response time is 6 hours and 17 min.

My suggestion to you is to look for another shopping cart which is as featured as IXXO Cart, is free and have at least our average response time.

Wish all the best in your search.

For real? we aren't talking about missiles here governor... its software-- relax and take breath ----

youhost
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by youhost » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:19 pm

may not work in joomla yet but i fine opencart the best

hemantbabu
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by hemantbabu » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:14 pm

i have been using VM and it works for me. First time I installed VM and had no problem at all.

sn00ze
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sn00ze » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:33 am

has anyone tried HikaShop?

Just spotted it in the extensions:
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... cart/14275

svcd ofc makati
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by svcd ofc makati » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:06 am

i tried two E-commerce shopping carts. These are Virtuemart and RokQuickCart. Both are free and easy to install and use in your Joomla site. If you want other e-commerce shopping carts, type "Joomla extensions" on your Google search box, click the first result link and find e-Commerce. Better to read reviews and see user ratings. Hope it helps.
Looking for serviced offices makati in Philippines? http://kmcsolutions.us/

wises
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by wises » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:14 am

after testing a[ removed] of these things including the latest VMcart (still hideous)
I have come to think that the best solution out there is one called Opencart.

Yes I tried Open-Freeway, Presta Cart , Magento and several other minor players in the field , yet all fall short where OC accentuates.

Problem of course is a bridge of some sort to bring OC into joomla not vice-versa :P

there is a small capitalist operation going on over at joocart which doesn't seem right. And for lack of wanting to pay for on-going bridging fee's between 2 OpenSource platforms I hope that someone could provide a better solution for bridging the 2.

Even the author of OpenCart is asking for assistance with this here

I honestly can't wait until a OpenSource Bridge is made available between the best CMS in the World and the Best Cart.

Thanks.
:pop

[Mod edit: inappropriate language removed]

sh0rtchica
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sh0rtchica » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:11 pm

Glad I stumbled upon this thread. I've been trying to figure out this issue for a while, and it still seems like there's not good answer. I initially downloaded (though didn't install) VM, since it seemed like the best option. But after reading about what a monolith it is, I took another look in the JED and found HikaShop. Installed and set that up today without running into any issues - until I tested the cart. unfortunately, it forces all shoppers to login or register (and they can only register if you get a paid version, so ONLY registered site users can shop under the free version). We're a membership organization that also sells a few things, as opposed to a straight-up online storefront. I don't want shoppers to have to register, because only members can register but anyone can shop. I don't really want a paid component either, because we don't sell very often (once or twice a month, tops).

So I'm back to square one. Considering VM again. All we sell are DVDs and access to online webinars. All other online purchases (registration and membership) are currently handled through CiviCRM. Can anyone recommend a decent, SIMPLE shopping cart app? It seems like CiviCRM has a robust set - but only through Drupal and of course we're running Joomla.

wises
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by wises » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:34 am

Not sure what you mean there sh0rtchica , in regards to HikaShop I have just installed it for a client and sure it has its querks but it is definately up there with the goodies. It's Free and has a small commercial aspect to it which does not imo interfere with the sales side of things.

I like Hikashop and the support on their forums is top notch, answered within 12 hours and usually fixed regarding bugs in as short a time frame.

I am actually contemplating the upgrade to the commercial version , only because of a few extra's that they have added like stats etc as well as a few minor things like being customers printing invoices and custom invoice numbers but on an over-all scale of things it works great , is easy to navigate from a client point of view (little bit tricky to configure) has variations for products and alot of modules for shipping/payments etc including Bank Transfers ;) this is the biggy for myself personally I can see even after 3 years the VM monilith has still not incorporated it into there boated *ehem!.

now in regards to JHSHOP , all this is , is a bridge between OpenCart and Joomla nothing more. Yes it looks and functions great you say ? in deed it does because it's actually the OpenCart doing all the hard work there ;) JHSHOP is just providing the bridge by which you can do these things. Now I did look into it as well as Joocart . However the Developer is either stumped , busy or given up because if you peruse the support forums over there you'll see alot of disgruntled customers waiting for the next upgrade for several months now, yay for subscriptions :D.

as for joocart , again a bridge between to open source platforms where the middle man makes the money :) , problem with this one is it relies on ioncube which has a nifty little call home feature included inside it and encrypted php in regards to teh call home feature. of course this was only intended to be a locking mechanism to be sure that only paid subscribers were using the bridge and not just anyone.

however again they have a per site license essentially where-by you need to purchase the bridge for each and every website you build basically. This would be fine but if your subscription runs out and any upgrades need to be done to any/all of the websites you build then you will need to (you guessed it) re-subscribe. for each and every one of them.

I noticed that JHSHOP have a trial version on off which is basically just an outdated one with some payment methods removed etc.

Personally you can use Opencart separate from Joomla , for one off shopping carts it has a content editor and you can create articles inside of it although not as extensive as joomla is.

HikaShop , joomla cart is actually really quite good and the free version does pretty much everything , with excellent support which is really what you need.

there is a small downside to OpenCart and that is in the Support section. but having the amount of customers/clients they have I can see why this is. However there cart is Solid and works/functions beautifully for both front/back-end users.

checkout some sample sites here that have been built with Opencart.

Those are my 2 choices atm , and for one client I have basically setup a joomla site and a subdomain running OC1.4.9.1 with 1.4.9.2 upgrades. And linked the 2 via menu links in joomla and vice versa.

wises
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by wises » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:31 pm

there would appear to be a integration (bridge) between zencart and joomla posted here

if anyone is interested and with rumours (in past posts) of some addons for the cart to post modules within joomla then it sounds like a pretty good thing.

it is a commercial bridge never-the-less.

but for $75.00 it seems reasonable.

lynnabelone
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

ecommerce shopping carts

Post by lynnabelone » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:11 am

Hello, we need help' we have a web site and shopping cart currently.We are using merchant manager but the design very limited.I think our shopping cart looks terrible.We need to completely redesign .Please any advice?
Last edited by ooffick on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod Note: Removed manual Signature. Please read the Forum rules for details.

victoriaw
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by victoriaw » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:40 pm

I prefer Magento due to its big community of developers.

I think that OpenCart and Redshop are good also, i never used them.

marcuz88
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by marcuz88 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:55 am

Hi. I would suggest you should use this shopping cart software comparison chart. This will help you review and evaluate different shopping cart software. This shopping cart comparison has detailed information and pretty accurate data too. It is perfect way to scale and compare various shopping cart for evaluation. Hope this will help.

MatthewSchenker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by MatthewSchenker » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:39 pm

Hello,
This discussion is very interesting to me. I'm a dedicated Joomla designer, and lately I have been getting more clients who want an e-commerce element to their sites.

But after installing and testing numerous e-commerce solutions from the Joomla Extension Directory, I am amazed at how none of them is really very good.

The one that stands out as far as ease of use and capabilities is Seber Cart. But something seems to be going wrong with the support for this product (which would be acceptable if not for the $99 price tag).

How are people getting around the weaknesses of e-commerce solutions for Joomla?

Thanks,
Matthew

ywncyber
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by ywncyber » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:23 pm

Magento is absolutely great as a standalone, wouldn't it be nice if it could be integrated into a Joomla site as an extension....

MatthewSchenker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by MatthewSchenker » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:30 pm

ywncyber wrote:Magento is absolutely great as a standalone, wouldn't it be nice if it could be integrated into a Joomla site as an extension....
I like Magento. But in my most recent explorations, OpenCart seems the best of the non-native applications. Of course, that's if I'm going to go the route of bridging something rather than using a native Joomla extension.

Although my sincere hope is still to locate a native Joomla extension that actually works well for e-commerce, more and more I feel forced into searching for a non-native application.

Thanks,
Matthew

DivaVocals
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by DivaVocals » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:38 pm

Matthew.. I suggest reading through this whole thread.. IMHO, there are few GOOD native Joomla options for e-commerce, and there's a small issue with getting GOOD information on native e-commerce options for Joomla. With the exception of this thread, there seems to be very little information about the available options leaving folks the impression that the ONLY e-commerce options for Joomla are the options available on the JED.. (and IMHO many of those options --VirtueMart-- are not the BEST options IMHO)

Fortunately this thread should provide you with some good data to begin your own research..

HTH.. :D
MatthewSchenker wrote:
ywncyber wrote:Magento is absolutely great as a standalone, wouldn't it be nice if it could be integrated into a Joomla site as an extension....
I like Magento. But in my most recent explorations, OpenCart seems the best of the non-native applications. Of course, that's if I'm going to go the route of bridging something rather than using a native Joomla extension.

Although my sincere hope is still to locate a native Joomla extension that actually works well for e-commerce, more and more I feel forced into searching for a non-native application.

Thanks,
Matthew

DivaVocals
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by DivaVocals » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:15 pm

wises wrote: now in regards to JHSHOP , all this is , is a bridge between OpenCart and Joomla nothing more. Yes it looks and functions great you say ? in deed it does because it's actually the OpenCart doing all the hard work there ;) JHSHOP is just providing the bridge by which you can do these things.
JHShop is NOT a bridge at all. It is in fact a full port of OpenCart into an independent Joomla component. Calling this a bridge implies that both OpenCart and Joomla are required to use this. As this is NOT a bridge you do not need to install OpenCart at all.. Simply install Joomla and then JHShop..

From the JH Shop site..
JHShop is a port of the OpenCart shopping system, now available as a Joomla component and setting new standards in the staid and monopolised world of Joomla e-commerce. The JHShop shopping cart system has been steadily gaining popularity as the shopping cart system of choice for those discerning online shop owner who are into clean, sleek interfaces and simple backends. Its MVC software architecture means its technical design is vastly superior to any other Joomla e-commerce system currently on the market.

But don't take our word for it, browse through our online store (which is of course powered by JHShop) and experience for yourself the power of its sublime, simple, intuitive interface.
The history of JHShop is quite simple.. Once upon a time this project was called ECJC.

Again from the JHShop site:
"I have been playing with this cart ever since it was the ECJC Shopping cart. Back then it was a good cart but, the developer has REALLY hit a home run with this one."
ECJC was a full port of OS Commerce.. This project struggled for a LONG time and I had a gut feeling that eventually it would be come something really good.. It looks like with a change of development direction it has indeed become something good..

DivaVocals
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by DivaVocals » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:45 pm

wises wrote:Not sure what you mean there sh0rtchica , in regards to HikaShop I have just installed it for a client and sure it has its querks but it is definately up there with the goodies. It's Free and has a small commercial aspect to it which does not imo interfere with the sales side of things.

I like Hikashop and the support on their forums is top notch, answered within 12 hours and usually fixed regarding bugs in as short a time frame.

I am actually contemplating the upgrade to the commercial version , only because of a few extra's that they have added like stats etc as well as a few minor things like being customers printing invoices and custom invoice numbers but on an over-all scale of things it works great , is easy to navigate from a client point of view (little bit tricky to configure) has variations for products and alot of modules for shipping/payments etc including Bank Transfers ;) this is the biggy for myself personally I can see even after 3 years the VM monilith has still not incorporated it into there boated *ehem!.
I think you may have misunderstood what sh0rtchica's shop requirements are.. She needs a COWOA (checkout without account) option and CLEARLY Hikashop doesn't appear to have one..
sh0rtchica wrote:I don't want shoppers to have to register, because only members can register but anyone can shop.
Unless the commercial version of Hiklashop offers a COWOA option, paying for the commercial version seems to be a veritable waste of money for a small non-profit who only occasionally sells items such as membership subscriptions and materials or other materials made available to the public from time to time. I am working with a non-profit organization who has similar requirements.. We are evaluating Joomla component and bridge options, but ultimately we may go for a standalone Zen Cart install (as there are Zen Cart modules with COWOA options available)..

MatthewSchenker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by MatthewSchenker » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:40 pm

Hello,
I appreciate all the comments here, as I'm still examining e-commerce systems -- and getting more frustrated by the day.

I'm hoping that some innovative developer comes along soon and, hearing all our comments, decides to capitalize on this gaping need and present something really innovative. I have several e-commerce assignments coming up in the next couple of months and need to settle on a system and get to work building the stores.

I took a look at JHShop in the JED. No wonder I missed it before. It's buried down at the bottom of the listings, offers practically no details in the JED, and no one has reviewed it or even rated it since it was added about a year ago. At the JHShop Web site, I see they want $150/year to run it!

OK, I'm happy to pay for an e-commerce system, but something doesn't seem right about charging that much to bridge Joomla and OpenCart (two free CMSs). And when I checked with the people who run Opencart, they do not recognize JHShop (although they seem to be against most ideas of bridging OpenCart with anything, since they believe OpenCart is already a CMS).

Just to make sure I wasn't missing anything, I re-installed VirtueMart and HikaShop. Both fell far short of what I need. VirtueMart in particular leaves me totally mystified.

I've also been testing FoxyCart in recent days. That one also looks nice, has terrific support, logical design. But no easy way to integrate it into Joomla.

As I continue my research, here are my current conclusions:
1. The best native Joomla application (in my opinion) is redShop (it's $249/year, and has the best mix of features, logical structure, and support).
2. I wish there was a viable way to bridge Joomla and OpenCart. I find that OpenCart is just the nicest system of the ones I have looked at.

Anyway, still would be happy to hear from anyone with solutions.

Thanks,
Matthew
Last edited by MatthewSchenker on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MatthewSchenker
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by MatthewSchenker » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:51 am

Hello,
Right now, the only true Joomla cart components are Virtuemart, JHShop and Tienda. Tienda has promise but it's still at least six months or more away from being a production cart and, pricing for it hasn't been released yet.
Webjive stated this in May 2010. Do other people still concur with this conclusion? I'm especially interested in the comment about JHShop, as it could mean that my hope of incorporating OpenCart is possible. Of course, the price quoted is not the same any more. It now costs $149/year to use JHShop.

Also, it appears JHShop is no longer even listed in the JED: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/870/details

Generally, can anyone explain why e-commerce is so lacking in Joomla? It seems there are extensions for all kinds of complex functions, but not e-commerce.

Thanks,
Matthew

victoriaw
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by victoriaw » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:11 pm

I suggest you to better use free resources till you find the one that suits perfectly. Of course you can try with trials but it's always better to support openSource.
Last edited by ooffick on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod Note: Removed manual Signature. Please read the Forum rules for details.

Return to “The Lounge”