ACL - FREE Component Control Access

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
level420
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: ACL - FREE Component Control Access

Post by level420 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:36 pm

joomila wrote:Hi Guys,

I´m back, and I write a k2 adapter to control backend with K2, just for Items. But soon we can implement more features.
One BIG plus would by a DOCman 1.5.8 adapter so we would be able to controll access to documents via noixACL which would in first place be a sync between noixACL-groups and DOCman groups.

The more sophisticated work would be to set group access rights to DOCman categories, which is (I think) not possible without patching DOCman.

The minimum work would be to allow group assignments in the DOCman category editor and in administrator/components/com_docman/classes/DOCMAN_user.class.php in canAccessCategory method.

btw: great component!

Best regards...

mihha
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by mihha » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:08 pm

mark_up wrote:Hi guys,

I am giving this extension a test run tonight, and just thought you might like some feedback on something that confused me greatly.

Allow me to illustrate with a screenshot. All the extensions on that page are listed as being released on the same day. Why release all these versions, and why are they not consistently named? Is noixacl2.0.6.zip a component, a package of all the extensions, or some documentation? What is the difference between plg_system_2.0.11.zip and plg_system_noixACL.zip ?

If someone could help unravel the mystery for me, I would appreciate it.

Better yet, delete every package that isn't the latest release.

Thanks for NoixACL
I have to admit that I have exact problem as you have. I fail to understand which plugin is the latest :(

Scottux
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Scottux » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:28 pm

NoixACL System Plugin 2.0.11 is the latest ;)

Description :
Release Notes

With this release the "Super Administrator" has full access to create, edit and delete the following:

1) Menus and menu items
2) Articles

All administrative tasks can be accomplished without having to disable the NOIX "Content" or "Menu" adapters.

The "Super Administrator" is granted by default access to all "Menus" and "Content".

The "Super Administrator" group, however, must still be granted access from the frontend to "Menu Items" manually.

To give the "Super Administrator" access to "Menu Items" on the frontend:

1) Navigate to Components->Access Control->Manage Groups
2) Select the Super Administrator group
3) Select under the adapter list menu
4) Select Frontend and use the dropdown menu to select the menu you need to grant access click the menu items and then tick the box to grant access.

Omnium_Gatherum
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Omnium_Gatherum » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:01 am

Scottux wrote: To give the "Super Administrator" access to "Menu Items" on the frontend:

1) Navigate to Components->Access Control->Manage Groups
2) Select the Super Administrator group
3) Select under the adapter list menu
4) Select Frontend and use the dropdown menu to select the menu you need to grant access click the menu items and then tick the box to grant access.
Unfortunately I can't change them as all menus items are public and I get:
"You cannot set permissions in Public Access level "
and still I cannot add them

I must say there is terrible mess with the files on joomlacode. There is no information about when the file was posted and some plugins don't even have version numvers in their names. When You look at: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/noixac ... se_id=9395 you can't easily tell which are the newest ones. Is it plg_user_noixacl.zip or plg_user2.0.10.zip ? Maybe the previous versions of the files should be moved to archive category or something like that and only the newst ones should be kept.
There is even bugtracker ticket concerning this issue: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/noixac ... m_id=17244
Unfortunately it was added a year ago and still it isn't resolved.

Techbot
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Techbot » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:45 am

Omnium_Gatherum wrote:
Scottux wrote: Unfortunately I can't change them as all menus items are public and I get:
"You cannot set permissions in Public Access level " is correct.

Change each from Public Access to Registered and you will have full control.

Scottux
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Scottux » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:38 pm

For me the latest versions noix ACL are : ;)

- noixacl2.0.6.zip (Plugin 2.0.10 included in it).
You can replaced plug 2.0.10 system with the plg_system_2.0.11.zip if you want.

- menuAdapter1.5.1.zip
- mod_mainmenu_noix.zip

- adapterAccess1.5.5.zip
- adapterContent1.5.7-fixed.zip
- adapter_k2_1.0.zip
- adapterModulesv1.0.zip
- adapterSection1.0.8-fixed.zip

Hope this help.

Excuse me for my bad english. :-[

thaizeal
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: adapter_k2_1.0 error

Post by thaizeal » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:53 pm

kin128 wrote:Same error after installing adapter_k2_1.0 com_noixacl/adapters/K2/k2.xml not exists. :(
Yes, I have the same error. after installing adapter_k2_1.0 com_noixacl/adapters/K2/k2.xml not exists. This plugin does not Work. But thanks for the Component, very good.
ps. If anyone can edit the plugin to thank a lot. :D

Techbot
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Techbot » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:18 am

There are two places where a K2 (k2) is in the wrong case

1) in the path
2) in the <name> tag in the xml file

fix both of these and the adaptor should work regardless of OS.

hope this helps.

Omnium_Gatherum
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Omnium_Gatherum » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:38 pm

Techbot wrote:
Omnium_Gatherum wrote:
Scottux wrote: Unfortunately I can't change them as all menus items are public and I get:
"You cannot set permissions in Public Access level " is correct.

Change each from Public Access to Registered and you will have full control.
But this change will make menu items visible only to registered users and I don't want that.
The items should be accesible for everyone, including guests.
Don't You think this is quite a serious flaw? Both changing the access level of menu item and disabling the menu adapter are quite bad solutions.
Although I can cope with that what should I do if I want to give menu item creation ability to people with lower Joomla User Level (like editor or sth) and don't give them access to noixACL?
They won't be able to disable the adapter and as long as items are public the won't be able to add or modify anything.
It doesn't look to me as the way things work in noixACL but a bug. Seriously, redirecting Super Admin to article editor instead of item creation form doesn't look as the proper way as it should redirect me to the menu item list I previously was and leave the warning about bad access level maybe.

hockey2112
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hockey2112 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:45 pm

Hi, I am planning on trying this extension, but I had a quick question first. ..

I am setting up a website for a school, and they wish to have an Alumni database (accessible only by alumni) and a Faculty-only section (accessible only by faculty).

Will this component allow me to create a "Faculty" access group and an "Alumni" access group (both groups under the Registered Joomla group) and restrict access to those two sections to just the applicable group mentioned above?

Long story short, registered users who I add to the alumni group would be able to access the Alumni Directory menu link and registered users who I add to the Faculty group would be able to access the Faculty-only section.

Is that possible with this extension?

Thanks!

hockey2112
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hockey2112 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:34 am

OK, I installed noixACL and after a bunch of issues, it is "sort of" working...

I put category 1, article 1a and the menu link to article 1a in the "Registered" access level. I then used the Content adapter to give permission to the Alumni group I created (a sub-group of "Registered"). I went to the website, logged in as the Alumni user, and the link appeared in my drop-down. Good.

I then put category 2, article 2a and the menu link to article 2a in the "Registered" access level. I then used the Content adapter to give permission to the Faculty group I created (a sub-group of "Registered"). I went to the website, logged in as the Faculty user, and the link appeared in my drop-down. Good... or so I thought. It actually will not let me access the page, giving me a permissions error. Also, the menu link to article 1a (the alumni article) DOES show up when I am logged in as a Faculty user. That link needs to be hidden at all times unless I am logged in as an Alumni user. How can that be accomplished? Can this extension do that?

Thanks!

cajunnights
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cajunnights » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:47 pm

After installing the K2 Adapter, I have lost access to the Adapter control page. I get the error:

noixACL - An error has occurred.
Adapter file /home/cajun/public_html/administrator/components/com_noixacl/adapters/K2/k2.xml not exists

I see from previous posts that I am not alone. Is there a way to fix this yet?

hockey2112
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hockey2112 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:04 am

cajunnights wrote:After installing the K2 Adapter, I have lost access to the Adapter control page. I get the error:

Adapter file /home/cajun/public_html/administrator/components/com_noixacl/adapters/K2/k2.xml not exists

I see from previous posts that I am not alone. Is there a way to fix this yet?

From Techbot, above:

1) in the path

I was having the issue as well. Almost tore my hair out until I decided to read two posts up, haha.

cajunnights
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cajunnights » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:45 pm

hockey2112 wrote: From Techbot, above:

1) in the path

I was having the issue as well. Almost tore my hair out until I decided to read two posts up, haha.
I did see this and attempted to find the two entries to fix the error.

For 1) I had a folder named k2, not K2. Once I changed the folder name to K2, the path
/home/cajun/public_html/administrator/components/com_noixacl/adapters/K2/k2.xml was able to be found.

For 2) I attempted to edit the <name>K2</name> entry in the k2.xml file, and no change has been able to resolve the issue and allow me to see the Adapters.

Now the error reads:

Cannot read adapter xml file

Any ideas what <name> needs to be changed? Thanks.

cajunnights
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cajunnights » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:52 pm

I have changed every entry of K2/k2 in the k2.xml file to no avail. Regardless of the setting, I am still getting the error:
----------------------------------

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If someone could copy & paste the details from a working file, that would be best in this case. Thank you.

salvatore72
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by salvatore72 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:44 am

Hello everyone .. I can not install the adapters ...

All Folders

/ httpdocs / administrator / components / com_noixacl / views / adapters /

are all at 777

how can I make?

ps: I have advised the member to give each registered user your area ... is the component that is to me?
ps 2: I write from italy please answer simply because I know little English

seanon1
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by seanon1 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:30 am

i am using noixACL with Joomla 1.5.22 Community Builder 1.3.1 i have created 2 Groups with noixACL. when i try to register i am redirected to the home page with the following error in the URL "/index.php?mosmsg=You+are+not+authorized+to+access+this+option.+Please+contact+administrator
+if+you+have+any+further+questions.&Itemid=&option="

thanks for any help

Sean

hiwired
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hiwired » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:36 pm

cajunnights wrote:I have changed every entry of K2/k2 in the k2.xml file to no avail. Regardless of the setting, I am still getting the error:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If someone could copy & paste the details from a working file, that would be best in this case. Thank you.
I'm having the same issue. Anyone found a solution?

cajunnights
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cajunnights » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:21 pm

hiwired wrote:
I'm having the same issue. Anyone found a solution?
In attempting to troubleshoot this myself, I decided to start from scratch, however, I stumbled upon a possible fix.

The first step of changing the path name was left alone, and I reinstalled the adapter_k2_1.0 zipfile using the Joomla! install process.

I am now able to access the Noix Adapter Listing.

K2 is currently disabled in the list. I previously disabled content as well, which I can now see again. Below is the current listing I have access to again.

1 modules 1.0 Feb 2008 Joomila
2 content 1.5.4 May 2009 Joomila
3 section 1.5.7 November 2009 Joomila
4 menu 1.5.1 November 2008 Joomila
5 access 1.5.5 October 2010 Joomila
6 K2 1.0 October 2010 Joomila

Hope this helps.

Fireflight
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Fireflight » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:43 pm

I'm unable to get NOIX to work and was hoping someone would be able to offer some insight as to which steps I've may have missed.

Here are the files I've installed.

com_noixacl2.0.5beta.zip
adapterSection1.0.8-fixed.zip
mod_mainmenu_noix.zip
plg_system_2.0.11.zip
plg_user_noixacl.zip

Everything installed without errors, except for adapterAccess1.5.5.zip, which gave me the following error: Adapter Install: Another adapter is already using directory: "\administrator\components\com_noixacl\adapters\access"

I've created 2 new sections with 1 category in each. All the sections and categories are set to registered. I created an article in one of the categories which is also set to registered. I then created two menu items as category list layouts, also with registered user levels.

In Noix I created 2 new groups, both of which are have Registered as their parent groups. In the section adapter I selected 1 of the sections in the front end and gave it access. Then I did the same for the other group. So each group was set to give access to only one section.

I was having trouble, so I took a second look at the settings for Group 1, and found that it was giving access to Section 1 and Section 2. Changing the settings for Group 1 or 2 has no effect. Both Section 1 and 2 are always given access in Group 1 or 2, no matter how I change the settings.

I was following the instructions here: http://downloads.joomlacode.org/forumme ... torial.pdf

In my case I'm not using mod_mainmenu_noix, but SWMenuFree. So I'm wondering if that's the issue. Is the mainmenu_noix mod required to control access to the articles? I'm also using Joomsef, but have deleted the SEF URL's pointing the articles.

andhe7
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by andhe7 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:46 am

Hi.

I have a problem if it's not normal,

when I create a group everything is fine, but creating a level
I can not access select the groups that I only
that are predetermined in joomla I can selccionar the
New sleccionarlos not let me, you can fix?
thank you very much excellent component.

sorry my English

NoFxPT
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by NoFxPT » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:14 pm

Hi there,

How i can restrict a JEvents Component Category to a group of users? In the adapters i cant select components. Thanks for helping.

TheShark
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by TheShark » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:46 am

Hello,
i use this component with this configuration:

joomla 1.5.22
noixacl2.0.6
mod_mainmenu_noix
menuAdapter1.5.1
adapterModulesv1.0
AdapterContent1.5.5
adapterAccess1.5.3

all work fine but i have this problem:

login from external database using only table jos_session of joomla and table users from external db, login is ok with usertype ok, but component don't look usertype from session, there is a mode for insert session of usertype into component??

I use this in local mode i don't have link.

merlin777
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by merlin777 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:22 pm

is it possible with this component, to get users which are in a group, frontend access to view that specific content?
I spend already time, to find a solution, but i am not shure if i am on the right way

BettyS
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by BettyS » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:58 pm

Since last saterday, after my webhost upgraded PHP from 5.2.14 to 5.3.6, all my menu items which were created with noix acl are gone. Is noix acl not compatible with PHP 5.3.6? Or do I need to update noix acl?

saeedgh
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Mighty Resources Adapter

Post by saeedgh » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:11 pm

hello,
we need adapter for Mighty Resources Component .
to control access to sections and subcategories and download files.

Mighty Resources Homepage :
http://www.mighty extensions.com/joomla- ... tent-types

Mighty Resources is the most powerful CCK component for joomla .
the component is open source and you can edit the code easily .

Regards
Saeed

BettyS
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by BettyS » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:12 pm

BettyS wrote:Since last saterday, after my webhost upgraded PHP from 5.2.14 to 5.3.6, all my menu items which were created with noix acl are gone. Is noix acl not compatible with PHP 5.3.6? Or do I need to update noix acl?
Am I the only experiencing this problem? Am I the only one running Joomla & NOIX ACL on PHP5.3.6???

Last night I installed Joomla 1.6 on a different site, so that I can experience Joomla's own ACL in 1.6 and decide whether I will keep on using NOIX. Although migrating will be a hell of a job, it will solve my problems. Guess I will have to stop using NOIX.....

jvassbo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jvassbo » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:17 pm

I have some trouble restricting access in the backend of Joomla. I have a custom component which I allow a custom group access to, and block everything else (using access adapter 1.5.4). However, the users in that group can still access "Section manager" and "Category manager". Anybody else noticed this? And is there some way to fix it? Thanks

gaggie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gaggie » Sun May 15, 2011 11:15 am

could somebody tell me which files i have to download i am using joomla 1.5.23.
is noixacl also working with sobi2?
Is there a tutorial?

lakshy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by lakshy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:52 am

Hi,

I am using noixACL2.0.6 for my website I have two user groups PRESENTER and VIEWER I have assigned different sub menus to both users.. bt problem is that I want to make disappear non accessible menu, currently it is showing, donot having access permissions error..

n My site theme supports only one menu in the header..

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”