save button not working in safari - other browsers ruin code

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! site? Pop your questions in here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
livvving
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

save button not working in safari - other browsers ruin code

Post by livvving » Wed May 07, 2008 10:14 pm

I'm working on a site using Joomla! 1.0.13 Stable [ Sunglow ] that I inherited from another designer, and am having major problems.

None of the top buttons work in Apple's Safari browser Version 3.1.1 (5525.18) (preview, upload, save, apply, close, help).
However, Safari is the ONLY browser that doesn't totally screw up the coding I enter into the Main Text: (optional) window. I tried using Firefox and Opera on the mac, and Explorer on the PC and they all completely screwed up the coding so that the coding didn't do what it was supposed to, but instead showed the actual code.

Is there a keyboard command that will save my changes? That way I could still use Safari....

thanks!

eLIANT
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: save button not working in safari - other browsers ruin code

Post by eLIANT » Tue May 13, 2008 9:45 am

Same problem. I spent many hours learning Joomla in order to roll out my first site (www.myshenandoah.org), only to learn that my primary publisher can not save anything on his Mac/Safari machine.

Hovering over the Save icon, Safari reports it is a link to javascript SubmitButton('save'), but when he clicks on it nothing happens. Nothing. He has JS enabled, pop-ups are not blocked, and all cookies allowed.

Is there a work-around?

mordechai
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mordechai » Wed May 14, 2008 9:09 pm

Happened to me too, on IE7.
It happened only after transferring my site to a new server.
I'm using joomla 1.0.15

capthook
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by capthook » Fri May 23, 2008 2:09 pm

livvving wrote:I'm working on a site using Joomla! 1.0.13 Stable [ Sunglow ] that I inherited from another designer, and am having major problems.

None of the top buttons work in Apple's Safari browser Version 3.1.1 (5525.18) (preview, upload, save, apply, close, help).
However, Safari is the ONLY browser that doesn't totally screw up the coding I enter into the Main Text: (optional) window. I tried using Firefox and Opera on the mac, and Explorer on the PC and they all completely screwed up the coding so that the coding didn't do what it was supposed to, but instead showed the actual code.

Is there a keyboard command that will save my changes? That way I could still use Safari....

thanks!

I am having the same problem with Leopard 10.5.2 & Safari 3.1.1. Apple (doesn't) have any updates at all for me to install, so I guess they haven't addressed this Safari browser bug. Safari 3.1.1 refuses to play nice with Joomla 1.0.1.2 ; when the last version of Safari worked fine for me. I cannot use any of the function buttons (save, preview,apply, close, help). I have been using Firefox, no problems with (1.0.1.2 Sunfire) and Firefox's editor.

PhatJack
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by PhatJack » Fri May 23, 2008 4:40 pm

Did we ever find a fix for this? It's pretty annoying not being able to use Safari.

Thanks.

imc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by imc » Sat May 24, 2008 3:41 pm

I'm having same problem on Firefox tabs. Save and Apply and Logout not working. All other functions working. Close works. So its probably a permissions based issue not the browser...??? Publish and unpublish work. Logout works when in menu item manager screen.

So, save, apply, logout functions are disabled when in EDIT mode.... ONLY when in Menu Item Edit!!! - buttons work in all other screens.....

new Joomla 1.5.3 platform

feikeNL
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by feikeNL » Mon May 26, 2008 10:07 am

I am also curious for a solution, i'm having the problem in section/category-manager and in content-manager: i can't save or close or anything in a new or existing content item. system is 1.0.15 with firefox or IE. so who finds out and helps us?

ranwilli
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by ranwilli » Tue May 27, 2008 12:15 am

Whoa! backup the truck. Safari is often not able to be used with TinyMCE, but users report some success with JCEditor and JCK Editor.

Look to your WYSIWYG first and foremeost. You'll find it at the root of most of this kind of problem.

Big Hint: SHUT IT OFF!
Don't HACK the Joomla! core, Instead "Extend" and/or "Override."
Stay ON the update path.
https://harpervance.com

captaintyouth
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: save button not working in safari - other browsers ruin

Post by captaintyouth » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:52 pm

I had the same problem and found the solution to be installing a different wyziwig editor.

vinoddubey
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vinoddubey » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:02 pm

Hi,
Only I have the solution of this problem. I can bet on this.

Login to following site in any of browsers Google chrome, Safari, IE6,IE7, IE7 to see it working
http://demo.svnitsolutions.com/medicent ... index2.php

with username:manager
Password: manager

I hope after checking this you can see that your problem has a solution.
Thanks, Vinod Dubey
[email protected]
skype id: vinnpro
Feel free to email me, Obliged to help you

pjrock7
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pjrock7 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:44 am

vinoddubey wrote:Hi,
Only I have the solution of this problem. I can bet on this.

Login to following site in any of browsers Google chrome, Safari, IE6,IE7, IE7 to see it working
http://demo.svnitsolutions.com/medicent ... index2.php

with username:manager
Password: manager

I hope after checking this you can see that your problem has a solution.
How does this help?

smths
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by smths » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:16 pm

I found a solution to the case when my Save and Save&Close stopped working.. I think this solution might work for other people...

I had just upgraded to Joomla 1.6 and the Save buttons stopped working. If you are using a Javascript debugger (such as firebug) you might see that there are javascript errors generated from the page.

Probably what is causing it is that your browser has cached an old version of the previous javascript file.

Try refreshing the page properly (ctrl-F5) or clearing your cache and the problem will go away.

Hope this helps someone.

TimBreese1
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by TimBreese1 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:41 am

Clearing the cache did seem to help.

I don't know what to call the pop up kind of window that appears in Joomla but if that doesn't appear (and in its place a whole window for the options or preferences) then I have the problem on Save and Close. Is that window run by jQuery?

Do you also get "The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try again." when you have left the login window open?
Opera Singer and Website Producer

jokobe
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jokobe » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:47 am

Well, as a matter of fact this problem still exist with Joomla 2.5. I have done a new install yesterday (24th January 2012) and had the message "The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try again." more then once.

It appears during backend log in or working with the control panel, for instance trying to leave an article with "save & close".

zilefarooq
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by zilefarooq » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:28 pm

Hello All,

i am having problem in submit button, betting my head all day.

when i click <button type="submit" class="validate"><?php echo JText::_('JSAVE');?></button>

what it should do is to call this function i.e
Joomla.submitbutton = function(task)
{
}

but it isn't

http://berkshirecollege.co.uk/english-c ... gistration

i am using Version 1.7.1

Any Suggestions?

Return to “Administration - 1.0.x”