The template for this display is not available.

This board for support questions on Joomla 1.6 RC (= Release Candidate - which should NOT be used on a production server) is NO longer active because Joomla 1.6.0 has been released.

>> For Joomla! 1.6 Support Questions, please use http://forum.joomla.org/viewforum.php?f=614 instead <<
garek007
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

The template for this display is not available.

Post by garek007 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:26 pm

Hi,

I tried to convert an existing Joomla 1.5 template to a 1.6.

I didn't change much. Changed the version number in templateDetails.xml and added folders to the file as well.

I uploaded my template via Dreamweaver ftp. At first Joomla 1.6 backend did not see my template. I went to install and hit "Discover" and it found it.

So I then clicked on it, installed and activated it.

On the Front End, I got an error stating "The template for this display is not available. Please contact a Site administrator." I did a search on Google and could not find much on this. The only think I found was a guy who had the same problem and said that after a while the problem sorted itself out and went away. Weird.

So I switched to another template, atomic, and that one gave the same error message. I figured I must have really screwed something up.

This was yesterday. I went home, and when I came back this morning, atomic was working on the Front End again.

So I went and tried to switch it back to MY new template, and no dice, same error. I've searched and searched and tried changing A LOT of settings. I am not having any luck. I'm not sure if I need to wait it out, or if there is something I am missing when it comes to converting templates.

Anyone have any CLUE what is happening?
here is my site
www.thealphachallenge.com

garek007
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: The template for this display is not available.

Post by garek007 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:39 pm

well I wouldn't say I fixed it, because I still don't know what caused it.

In the end I just put MY files into the atomic folder and uploaded them. That seemed to work. The only changes I had to make were to templateDetails.xml. Other than that I just did a straight overwrite of the files and they all worked (for the most part).

There was an issue with my article default_item.php but I am fixing it.

doolz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: The template for this display is not available.

Post by doolz » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:49 pm

I had this problem and had to check the folder name was the same as the name in the xml
See this link for more info http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla ... m_id=22617

Return to “Joomla! 1.6 RC Support [closed]”