Error 404 after using jUpgrade

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
LeeWonnacott
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Error 404 after using jUpgrade

Post by LeeWonnacott » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:08 pm

After using the jUpgrade tool (thanks, Matias) the back end seems to be working but any attempt to access the front end gives me an Error 404 Component Not Found with the following error message 3x above my main menu.

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home2/leerides/public_html/jupgrade/modules/mod_menu/helper.php on line 52

I DO have several hundred pages of content on this site, so just installing 1.6 and rebuilding by reentry is not an option.

Anybody know what the problem is?

mr_bubbles_34
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Error 404 after using jUpgrade

Post by mr_bubbles_34 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:09 am

I've got the same problem only with 40+ of these errors on my 404 page after upgrade...

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /***path-on-server-omitted-for-privacy***/jupgrade/modules/mod_menu/helper.php on line 52

Would love to hear a solution if anyone has one! Thanks for all the hard work on getting this migration process figured out!

SilentArcher
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SilentArcher » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:51 am

I, too, am able to navigate the backend after jUpgrade from 1.5.22 to 1.6.3, but get the following on the frontend:

An error has occurred.
The requested page cannot be found.

Home Page (this is a link to the home page)

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and
report the error below.
#404 Component not found

as well as several of the following:

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in
~/jupgrade/modules/mod_menu/helper.php on line 52

I know that there was a bug in earlier versions of jUpgrade for which the workaround was:
1. Create a new menu item with the menu type ‘featured articles’
2. Set that menu item as ‘Home’.
3. Save the menu item.
4. Manually copy your Joomla 1.5 ‘/images/’ folder to the new installation of Joomla 1.6.

But I used com_jupgrade-1.0.3.zip -- I thought, surely this has been fixed by now, but apparently not :-(

Any ideas how to debug this?

allen012087
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by allen012087 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:17 am

SilentArcher is right.. i had same prob and fixed myself as i enabled jomsocial on the homepage.. i'm not sure how sure how to set this, can anyone help pls..

i have jomsocial 2.2 and joomla 1.5 and used jupgrade and now its on a sub directory. i had many articles on my website and many jomsocial users., but users profile pic are not visible and instead a Grey profil icon is there with names but no details inside their profile. how can i bring all contents, articles, images and etc to the new 1.6 which is on jupgrade folder?

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”