There appears to be an error on this page

If you have any 'mechanical' forge related issues/suggestions, pop them in here.
trancecode
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

There appears to be an error on this page

Post by trancecode » Sat May 16, 2009 4:55 pm

Hello everyone.
I have just begun with Joomla and this is my first posting.

I was looking through the Joomlacode.org site and found that this page:
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/jce/reporting/

appears to contain an error output, which I will reproduce here.

Could not execute query [Native Error: ERROR: operator does not exist: integer = text at character 454 HINT: No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You might need to add explicit type casts.] [User Info: SELECT frsp.package_name, frsp.frs_package_id, frsr.release_name,frsr.frs_release_id, t.tracker_name,t.tracker_id, tef.tracker_extra_field_id,tef.field_name,ti.tracker_item_id, ti.priority,ti.summary,ti.status_id,frsp.project_id FROM frs_package frsp, frs_release frsr, tracker_extra_field tef, tracker_extra_field_data tefd, tracker t, tracker_item ti WHERE frsr.frs_package_id=frsp.frs_package_id AND frsp.project_id IN (149) AND frsr.frs_release_id=tefd.field_data AND tefd.tracker_extra_field_id=tef.tracker_extra_field_id AND tefd.tracker_item_id=ti.tracker_item_id AND ti.tracker_id=t.tracker_id AND tef.field_type='8' AND frsr.is_released=false ORDER BY frsp.package_name,frsr.release_name,t.tracker_id,tef.field_name,ti.tracker_item_id]

Maybe this will help one of the admins.
Colin.

ChiefGoFor
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: There appears to be an error on this page

Post by ChiefGoFor » Sun May 17, 2009 7:33 pm

Thank you for reporting this. We will look into the cause and get it fixed up! :)
Joomla! ...because open source matters
"Try to answer two questions for every one question you ask." - Me

atrel
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Multiple Errors: Reporting, Clone item, Delete

Post by atrel » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:43 am

I know that those problems were reported before, but it is at least 6 months, that is not working.

1) Reporting not work (I think in each project)
eg. http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/reporting/
eg. http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/jevents/reporting/
eg. http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/spanish/reporting/
eg. http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/docman/reporting/

2) Delete position in combo not working
Path to reproduce:
In bug tracker, add field of type select. Add new position to this select. Try to delete it (http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla ... _id=121809), confirm deletion.

As result We have, and of course position is not deleted
Could not execute query [Native Error: ERROR: operator does not exist: text = integer at character 105 HINT: No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You might need to add explicit type casts.] [User Info: UPDATE tracker_extra_field_data SET field_data = 100 WHERE tracker_extra_field_id =42811 AND field_data = 121809]

3) Clone item
Path to reproduce:
In bug tracker, select any task, click "Clone item", Click "Confirm Clone".

Result is:
"Invalid data"
and of course issue is not created.

I am aware that probably someone report that problems before but it is at least 6 months and they still exit (see 1)).
Andrzej Trelinski

DC_Navan
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by DC_Navan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:29 pm

<BUMP>

This STILL has'nt been fixed!!! :eek:

How do I report an error via http://joomlacode.org if this error wont let me?

I am registered with them.

pasamio
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by pasamio » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:26 pm

There are some pieces of functionality within JoomlaCode that doesn't work due to us being a database version ahead of what is officially supported with the present version of GForge AS. At some point between working on JAuthTools, JUpdateMan, Joomla! 1.6, Joomla! 1.7, working a job not related to Joomla! at all and studying half time I will get around to upgrading JoomlaCode to fix these problems however until then reporting is broken. This was to resolve the need for taking the site offline every few hours for five minutes or so to run database maintenance as PostgreSQL wasn't handling the load.

If someone wants to pay me to work full time on the project it'd probably get fixed but since the last time that experiment was run the two people who did it were savaged by the community and left them not wanting to contribute to the project it still lives on my epic todo list. The last JoomlaCode upgrade took around a week of prep time and two weekends of full time work to take it offline, back everything up and test everything before rolling out (two weekends because the first time there was a problem in the database upgrade).

Such is life. It is on a list to be done but everything else is ahead of it.
Sam Moffatt
Updater, Installer and Authentication Systems
JoomlaCode Backend Systems
Pie.

brian
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by brian » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:52 pm

Those comments are completely uncalled for Sam and irrelevant. If you dont have the time to carry out the role that you have taken upon yourself then either ask for help or step aside.
"Exploited yesterday... Hacked tomorrow"
Blog http://brian.teeman.net/
Joomla Hidden Secrets http://hiddenjoomlasecrets.com/

pasamio
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by pasamio » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:07 pm

I'm quite happy to step aside, I only picked up fixing things on JoomlaCode because nobody else was. I should warn the next volunteer like most things its a thankless job.
Sam Moffatt
Pie.

brian
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by brian » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:19 pm

Sorry to hear that you are so disheartened - money wont make you happy - time to step aside or even better show that you are a LEADER and lead

pasamio
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by pasamio » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:40 pm

Money isn't to make me happy it is to pay the bills so that I can dedicate more time on the project. Not sure why you think that it is for happiness. I'm not disheartened, I just don't have the time to do everything everyone asks of me for nothing in a timely manner as much as I'd like to do so.

I'll leave your insult there, thanks like yours encourages me to give more to this project.
Sam Moffatt
Pie.

brian
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by brian » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:52 pm

Time to move aside Sam and let others in. Joomla is not about paying people to contribute and never should be. If the only way you can contribute is to be paid for your time then your time is up. Joomla is a community project not an employment agancy

pasamio
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by pasamio » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:22 pm

The thanks keep coming from you Brian. You are really inspiring people to contribute. You actually quite eloquently reinforce my point about it being a thankless job.

I'm still contributing and working on tasks, I've spent this weekend so far doing updates for JAuthTools to improve support for group mapping with Active Directory integration to help enterprise Joomla! adoption, spending some time fixing a few bugs in JUpdateMan that I should have fixed a while ago, updating my Advanced Tools extension and trying to respond to mailing lists. I was planning at spending some time to bring the 1.6 update work back to a 1.5 extension so that we could have support there as well to make life easier for everyone.

With regards it being an employment agency I'm merely suggesting that being paid to work on it 9am to 5pm would clear backlog faster than what I'm being paid to work on which is for the most part VuFind, ePrints and Moodle during those hours. Not being paid means things get dropped unless someone wants to pick them up. However I you have given me a thought.

JoomlaCode in the past was having issues so I picked it up to fix things to get it mostly stable so that the projects on JoomlaCode could use it. I haven't had a chance to go through all of the procedures I'd like to do before doing a major upgrade of the system which might fix these issues because I don't believe it is the sort of thing you just come in on a weekend and do without proper planning and testing.

I'm not quite sure how stepping down would get this particular issue resolved, it'd just mean all of the other stuff I do would stop being done as well. Personally I would expected more support from a long standing well regarded community member such as yourself. I guess I've misjudged you.
Sam Moffatt
Pie.

brian
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by brian » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:37 pm

Well Sam no matter how much you ask for it, subtedly or not, I'm not going to agree that you should be paid to carry out work. We've seen before what happened when it was claimed that if A was paid it would all be done in 3 months and one year later there was limited progress and this is not the Joomla way.

As I stated if you dont have the time to do stuff then as a LEADER show your leadership skills and ask for help. No one has ever said that you, or anyone else, should be working on their own and I would be upset if they said that and would happily tell them that.

Joomla is not, nor has it ever been, a project of a few people doing all the work. The problem has recently been that the leadership have either rejected offers of help or have never solicited the help.

If you no longer have the time to contribute to the community then there is no shame in stepping aside. In fact the Joomla Code of Conduct is quite explicit on this.

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:47 pm

Brian is right, this is not the appropriate way to handle this type of discussion and of course suggesting that contributors were "savaged" is going to get people riled up. Beyond that, Sam, those comments are simply off-topic and that's something that is usually pretty well guarded in the forums.

It does sound like there is a need for community volunteers to help. I briefly talked with Sam about how we might help rally the troops to volunteer on this important issue. It's 1:30 am Sam's time and posting late at night is usually ill-advised, let's chock up the bad posting to fatigue and a lack of sleep.

But Sam - it's up to the leadership to call out for help. In the past, we've tried to help in many ways and that tends to not end well. There have been so many posts lately from Andrew and now you, and even one other PLT member, about the need to be paid to get things done -- but to the best of my recollection, I do not remember seeing even one post from a PLT member or core committer saying - we need this effort staffed, who's interested?

Tomorrow - when you have had sleep - let's get a team for you to help with the Joomlacode issues. I posted on the CMS list to get rolling with the much needed PHPDoc effort (Yes, I mean by me and Marius and others in the community - not another job for you guys.) https://groups.google.com/d/topic/jooml ... discussion

If the PLT can post a list of work that must be done, many of us with big mouths can use them to help rally support. We _can_ work together. We can even get rid of the Joomla! drama as we learn to do so.

Get some rest, Sam. Thanks for your contributions over the years.

pasamio
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by pasamio » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:09 pm

If someone wants to do it then someone can step up and do it. If not it'll get done when I get time to do it. I haven't gotten around to fixing it up on account of volunteering my time to do other things on the project ahead of this particular task. As I keep reiterating I only do what I do on JoomlaCode because so far nobody else is and I haven't had anyone offer from anyone to help me on JoomlaCode.

If someone wants to fix these issues then I don't particularly make a secret of my contact details. If not it is on my long list of things I want to do for the project that someone else isn't doing yet. I am more than happy to offload work to anyone who wants to pick it up.
Sam Moffatt
Pie.

Torettox84
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Torettox84 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:41 pm

This is yet another fine example of how "work" is managed here. It's GREAT that you decided to work on Joomlacode. I applaud you.

But if you don't have time to solve this problem - and that's not an attack - there should be an effort made to communicate that with the members. I'm sure that if people were aware this could be done, someone would be more than willing to help.

And I'm not saying it's your task to post that "job opening" either. I'm still convinced Joomla needs a system to prevent this "type of problem." where no-one is aware you could use help with this problem.

How much could it hurt to create a "tasks.jooma.org" site. There's already a million subsites anyway".

But I'm just a pion, sharing my opinion. ;)

pasamio
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by pasamio » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:58 pm

I've said its been on my list to everyone who has asked for years. As I've stated, nobody has said "do you want a hand with that" yet. I'm now saying it again here. If someone wants to fix it I have no issues asking Brad to hand over the keys so that I don't have to do it.
Sam Moffatt
Pie.

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:07 am

Sam - I wish, wish, wish that it worked like that, that people just knew what needed to be done, and who to contact to get the keys and get after it, but that's just not how life works. Most people don't read the forum posts, for starters! ;-)

At the University, I was Directory of Advanced Application Development for several years. Team lead of many teams prior to that. Suffice it to say that everyone wanted resources - but no one was granted a single thing before there were clear goals, projects, tasks, and resource needs identified. That's the same thing needed here.

The community is going to assume the project leadership will ask if there is need. No one can read minds and know when others need help. The leaders of the project must organize that work into projects and tasks and start mapping out resource requirements. Then, it's time to get the word out to the community and let folks like Brian and me know so that we can help with recruitment.

That is just not happening now and that's a PLT issue.

Having said that! Do not take that to be critical, it's just a fact. Let's acknowledge that you guys just got a release out and I am certain folks are beat.

If the PLT needs someone to volunteer to interview the PLT members and help organize that effort, I volunteer. I will dedicate 5-10 hours a week to work directly with the PLT to define the work that must be done. I will help get it written up so it's clear to people specifically what must be done, how to do it, where to get access, etc., and help put the word on the street to bring folks in.

But, no, we simply cannot expect anyone just to know what is needed and to step up and say "Hey, let me give you a hand with it" when no one has articulated what "it" is. That's the part that is simply not happening and it's got to before the community can even be expected to respond in a positive way. (And they will, Sam.)

You know my comments are not ill-intended and you know I will help the PLT with this if you guys allow me in to help. So, do you want a hand with it?

DC_Navan
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by DC_Navan » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:33 pm

Blimey!
Now im sorry I ever bumped! :eek:

In fairness, this community isnt as great as it was made out to be.
So many questions go left un-answered...

pasamio
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by pasamio » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:28 am

It'll get done when it gets to the top of my list or until someone else volunteers to do it. Anyone with PostgreSQL experience and using VCS for release management welcome to shoot me an email and get the ball rolling. Or skype me on pasamio (probably better, email tends to get lost in my inbox)
Sam Moffatt
Pie.

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:49 pm

Thanks so much, Sam, for skill requirements needed for help. I got a blog post and some Tweets out. We'll dig around and try to find someone who can help support this process. Some of us are also thinking on other ideas. _HOPEFULLY_ we can find good help for this, it's higher level skill, so it'll be a challenge.

@DC_Navan - if anyone says this community is perfect, they are not contributing in this community. Those of us who are do so involve ourselves because there is a need, not because all needs are met. We need your help and involvement, as well. One of the best ways to get started is simply to answer a couple of questions in the forum every week. From there, you'll start getting hooked. ;-)

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:04 pm

@DC_Navan - I see you _are_ answering questions for folks and that is very much appreciated. Thank you! We need more folks doing the same!

DC_Navan
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by DC_Navan » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:57 pm

Hi Amy!

Im new to Joomla (well just over a month now!) so I don't know much but if I do, I write down what I know. :-[

I picked Joomla over a competitor as the main website advertised great support from the community forum.... but so far my Biggest problem (editing articles on the front end) has'nt been helped much. I posted within several topics and received very few replys.
Is Joomla still as strong as it once was or is it a dying community?
(Not sure as one of my topics received hundreds of views yet no one replied! :eek: )

Torettox84
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Torettox84 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:12 pm

DC, care to link to the topic in question? I could take a look for you. :)

DC_Navan
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by DC_Navan » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:41 pm

Hi Torettox84!

Thanks for your time! :D

It is:

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=616&t=596935

Im going to install 1.6.1 in the hopes that it will resolve this issue.

Return to “JoomlaCode.org”