Media Manager images upload images/folder change to root(up)

This forum is for reporting bugs in Joomla!. Please don't report problems with extensions in here.
hanfo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Media Manager images upload images/folder change to root(up)

Post by hanfo » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:56 am

Hi,

I use Joomla version 1.5.14 and the media Manager images upload into /images/ folder regardless of what folder is selected. I search the internet and I read that this was a bug and solved.
But I have the same issue with the latest version of Joomla.
Is there a solution?

Thanks

Edit. The problem exist in the HTML uploader, flash loader doesn't work at all.

Someone?

natacha
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Media Manager images upload images/folder change to root(up)

Post by natacha » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:26 pm

I have this issue too!
Anyone found a solution? I thought it might be due to folder permissions on the server, but it's not that :(

I desparately need this resolved...
Natacha Beaugeais
Building_Block | Web & Multimedia Development
http://www.buildingblock.com.au

lindant
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Media Manager images upload images/folder change to root

Post by lindant » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:08 pm

Same problem here, i got 1.5.18 but the bug still exists, anyone?
We are blessed with Joomla!
http://www.mazajnet.com

simplesource
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by simplesource » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:53 pm

You can change the directory location for your media manager to use very easily from the global configuration settings in your joomla admin area. Click on the "System" tab after clicking on "Global Configuration", then change the directory as you wish next to "Path to Image Folder".
Simple Source Solutions - https://getsimple.net/joomla-hosting/
Managed Joomla Hosting by Joomla pros

lindant
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by lindant » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:24 pm

i tried that already, i need several folders inside the image folder, for example
/images/pdf/
/images/mp3/
when i upload a pdf file into the pdf folder, then the page refreshes for complete upload, it opens the main folder images and i found the uploaded file in images not in pdf folder, it happens with all folders, no matter which folder i try to upload to it doesn't go in the folder specified it goes to main image folder.
We are blessed with Joomla!
http://www.mazajnet.com

Kevoir
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Kevoir » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:13 am

I have the same problem. Everytime I upload something in the Media Manager to a folder other than /images/ it reloads the screen and ends up in /images/

habitata
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by habitata » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:01 am

same problem here. i tried uploading a new logo to the logo file and it will only go to the default media manager. the template im using requires the logo to be in the logo to select it, so im stuck with a text header until i can resolve this.
Kevoir wrote:I have the same problem. Everytime I upload something in the Media Manager to a folder other than /images/ it reloads the screen and ends up in /images/

gloskeith
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by gloskeith » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:03 am

I'm having the same problem. I was using 1.5.16 and it happened occasionally for a while before becoming a problem all the time. I have upgraded to 1.5.21 and I am still having the problem.

I am trying to upload a pdf into a folder other than /images/, but it always ends up in the images folder, not the folder I intended it to.

I have spent an enormous amount of time trying to research the problem, without success, and clients are unhappy they can't get it to work.

Can anyone offer a solution to this?

ajaferreira
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ajaferreira » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:54 am

Same here, using 1.5.21...
Although, the problems seems to be in the WYSIWYG image manager, and not the Media Manager.

When I use the main Media Manager, I can switch folders and upload files to any of them. The problem is using the Tiny bult-in image manager, where I can't get inside any other folder than images/stories, although the path does get updated. All uploaded files just go to the main folder, regardless of the path showing in the text field.

Can anyone solve this major bug, please?

mikehsl
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mikehsl » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:06 pm

Same problem here - using version 1.5.18 - very surprised this still appears to be an issue unless I've missed the boat ! Would be great if it is solved.
Does anyone know if this has been solved....?
Thanks

SEnrico
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by SEnrico » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:39 pm

Hi!

Try this:

in administrator/components/com_media/views/media/tmpl/default.php

substitute the following lines to the end of the file:

---------------------------------------------------------
<input type="hidden" name="return-url" value="<?php echo base64_encode('index.php?option=com_media'); ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="folder" id="folder" value="<?php echo $this->state->folder; ?>" />

</form>
<?php endif; ?>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

------------------------------------------------------

let me know

Enrico

nczmom
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by nczmom » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:58 pm

Hello SEnrico,
I have tried your suggestion but I cannot get it to work. Sorry. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

SEnrico
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by SEnrico » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi,

It works but the menu doesn't show the current folder (simply esthetic..). Try to upload some images in a specific folder throuh the media_manager button and you'll find them in the right directory.

Let me know

Enrico

landor
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by landor » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:33 pm

I was able to solve this issue by making my jbetolo plugin NOT optimize for the admin area.

jagsystems
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jagsystems » Wed May 11, 2011 3:10 am

This may be the same for anyone with this problem...

I had to convert from a Mambo site to Joomla and the Media Manager contained a lot of folders with names containing spaces. Anytime I tried to view the contents of those folders I got the top level contents, ie the images/stories content and any content I tried to upload went into there even though the location specified at the "Files" location was correct. Any folder without spaces in the name was no problem and files uploaded into them correctly and I could see the correct contents. So spaces in the folder names seemed to be the problem for me. Simple fix.

Now I have dozens of folders containing hundreds of files and all have to be renamed without spaces to fix the problem - and no easy find and replace option.... :-(

uniopp
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by uniopp » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:52 am

Any solutions for this???
Everything I upload goes directly to the top directory even if I select a sub folder.
Joomla 1.7.3

boxinosaka
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

solved for me

Post by boxinosaka » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:03 pm

I finally got this to work after hours!

Okay so my problem was each time i accessed Media Manager in Administrator and tried to upload an image into a specific folder, say "images/mynewfolder" - images get uploaded and dumped in the "images" root folder.

In the end what worked was when i uninstalled Akeeba Backup component on my Joomla 1.5 website.
If you have Akeeba backup, try uninstalling that and give it a go!

Otherwise try disabling your components, plugins, etc and see if it works. Another user above Landor adjusted his "jbetolo" plugin and it started working for him.

It's probably some 3rd part extension that is installed on your Joomla website creating the issue. At least for me anyways.

Hope it helps!

mlwilmore
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mlwilmore » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:58 pm

I too have this problem on my live site. Uploads in the media manager only go to the root images folder, no matter what folder I am in. The file path does not change from /images even when I browse to subdirectories.

It seems to have occurred when I upgraded from Joomla 1.5.23 to 1.5.25. The Media manager works great on my development site which lives on the same hosting environment with the same plugins, but is still on 1.5.23.

I uninstalled Akeeba backup and disabled other 3rd party modules/plugins/components on the live site with no luck. Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks in advance!

JohnDevise
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JohnDevise » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:05 am

I too have this problem on my live site. Uploads in the media manager only go to the root images folder, no matter what folder I am in. The file path does not change from /images even when I browse to subdirectories.

It seems to have occurred when I upgraded from Joomla 1.5.23 to 1.5.25. The Media manager works great on my development site which lives on the same hosting environment with the same plugins, but is still on 1.5.23.

I uninstalled Akeeba backup and disabled other 3rd party modules/plugins/components on the live site with no luck. Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks in advance!
Hi everyone . I hoe this will solve your problem .
What I've found so far is that the onnloadframe function in MediaManager (at administrator/components/com_media/assets/mediamanager.js) is not called when you click on a folder (in order to change folder). By adding MediaManager.onloadfolder(); just after window.frames[target].location.href = node.data.url; at Mediamanager initialize it solves the problem when you are running the joomla admin within an iframe (of course it calls the function twice if you work joomla aministrator as normal). It looks like the event is not caught when in iframe .

Half problem fixed by adding this line if (window.frameElement!=null) MediaManager.onloadframe(); inside the onClick function in order to detect if you are within an iframe to manualy call the onloadframe function. window.frames[target].location.href = node.data.url; if (window.frameElement!=null) MediaManager.onloadframe(); The only proble now is that when you click a folder in the Files area it does changes the folder contents but it does not change the actual path (onloadframe is not called again) .

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 Bug Reporting”