JCE Editor implemented in MyBlog

Discuss the development and implementation of Joomla! components here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
lesleyc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: JCE Editor implemented in MyBlog

Post by lesleyc » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:11 am

vijay555com wrote:Guys,

I'm enclosing a marginally updated patch file.
It merely removes a reported bug in IE (and maybe Firefox) that "tinyMCE_GZ" is not found. As we're not using tinyMCE, I've "nulled" that bit of the original script.

People have reported some issues in Firefox, and IE. I've tried it successfully on IE8 and Firefox 3.5. Please report your own successes or failures, either direct to me (preferable), or on here.
Note, as I'm using it on a development site, I don't have CSS or PHP compression or caching enabled. Please try toggling these settings also.

V

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! We have been battling to get this working and your patch worked perfectly. Thank you so much for all the time and effort you spent on this and for sharing it with us! :) :) :) :)

THANKS!

vijay555com
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vijay555com » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:30 am

My pleasure!

I've been out of MyBlog/Joomla for a while but this old thread seems to have started getting new queries. Has anything new come up that's causing problems? I might try to revive my old code.

V

lesleyc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by lesleyc » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:17 am

vijay555com wrote:My pleasure!

I've been out of MyBlog/Joomla for a while but this old thread seems to have started getting new queries. Has anything new come up that's causing problems? I might try to revive my old code.

V
So far so good, it appears to be working well and it far better than the default editor. The only thing we are now battling with is trying to change the editor for Jom Social events to the JCE editor. It is strange that we can get it working everywhere else but not there! I must admit that Jom Social is not as user friendly as I had originally thought and we are finding this editor to be quite an obstacle to users (they can't browse and upload images from their machine when creating an event from the front end).

Still, at least it is working with the blog! One down one to go!

ssears
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ssears » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:54 pm

I'm having an issue with a client that has IE 7 and can't change to a newer browser for corporate reasons. Has anyone come up with a solution for IE 7?

ReviveAU
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ReviveAU » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:03 am

I have followed the instructions given here, but I noticed that JCE only appears when I am adding content through the frontend of the site. How do i get it to also work on the backend?

vijay555com
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vijay555com » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:11 pm

@ReviveAU: I'm really sorry, I don't have test system that I can play around with. However, I believe that my hack was probably aimed at the backend (when I look at my screenshots). But it looks like the MyBlog code and filenames have changed slightly since my very old hack was put in place.
I believe you need to track down the corresponding template/html file that corresponds to the backend editor.
I did fix this recently but don't have access to my code right now. If you want me to investigate further, please let me know or drop me an email and I'll look into the code.

V

grey-blue
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by grey-blue » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:24 am

omg I'm so confused on how to do I do this. Do I just drop the file given in the correct place or do I have to edit something. Someone help me please...and where does the file that makes Myblog fullscreen go?
http://as-real-as-they-are.com My website (Art/Film/Writing/Film/Gaming/ Social Network
http://www.blog.as-real-as-they-are.com/-My blog with personal posts and more.

vijay555com
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vijay555com » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:48 am

@grey-blue: apologies, I appear to have wiped out my Joomla install in the intervening years. I'm re-installing and re-writing this hack. I'll try to repost shortly.

V

grey-blue
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by grey-blue » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:55 pm

Oh okay. Thanks:)
http://as-real-as-they-are.com My website (Art/Film/Writing/Film/Gaming/ Social Network
http://www.blog.as-real-as-they-are.com/-My blog with personal posts and more.

AcapulcoKevin
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by AcapulcoKevin » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:22 pm

I am also interested in this hack for MyBlog 3.0.332 which was the last release.

I tried to use what you provided previously but it does not work with this version.

vijay555com
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vijay555com » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Hiya!

Can you download this file:
http://vijay555.com/joomla/write.html.txt

rename it to write.html and then upload it to replace:
/joomla/components/com_myblog/templates/admin/write.html

Please take a backup of your original write.html just in case!

This file seems to work on my end with JCE. I haven't enabled all of the advanced features in this script yet, but can you test as is and let me know if it works or not (ie do you see any editor in MyBlog?) If it works I'll try and fix the rest.

Many thanks,

V

AcapulcoKevin
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by AcapulcoKevin » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:57 pm

Yes, give me about 20 minutes or so. I am downloading a backup of the myblog component from my site.

I have the extended plugins for JCE installed for media files. I also have permissions set so the users only view their own folder when uploading with JCE. I assume it works the same as writing an article. I appreciate your work on this.

vijay555com
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vijay555com » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:10 pm

Another user has tested this file. I need to do a bit more tweaking to enable all advanced plugins, but I'll play around with that hopefully over the weekend.

If you're impatient, you can just try to copy over the Toolbar Line 4 from my earlier attachments, and try and paste it into my new attachment above. If you compare my changes for the JCE settings, it's obvious what I'm talking about (I hope!). I was getting crashes here. I need to trace them back to the source.

V

AcapulcoKevin
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by AcapulcoKevin » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:49 pm

I added the code to the html. i have the editor (very Basic) i am looking forward to your changes. I don't have tons of free time right now because I am installing tile floors in my house. far from my normal life that is for certain. hard work is good sometimes.

i appreciate your work on this.
jce_myblog.jpg
One note, The buttons for the uploader are overlapping and the modal is smaller than the editor. I am using the blue theme.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vijay555com
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vijay555com » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:00 pm

I haven't done any detailed refinement yet, or modified the JCE css. I'm currently doing my day job and wish I was doing something else :)

But at least JCE is working on front end and back end I think. I'll try to fix the advanced features later.

V

AcapulcoKevin
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by AcapulcoKevin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:42 pm

Just wondering how this is progressing..

almamun
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by almamun » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:05 am

Any update? Any patch?
Bengali (Bangladesh) Forum Moderator

http://amviro.com - Web & App Development.

AcapulcoKevin
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by AcapulcoKevin » Thu May 05, 2011 3:47 pm

almamun wrote:Any update? Any patch?

Nope. :pop

vijay555com
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vijay555com » Fri May 20, 2011 11:09 pm

almamun/AcapulcoKevin: have you tried my patch posted above?
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p ... 8#p2440208

A few people have tried it and said it works (to implement JCE, not necessarily advanced editing features). I'm not really using Joomla right now, so don't do much poking around with it.

V

AcapulcoKevin
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by AcapulcoKevin » Fri May 20, 2011 11:18 pm

Yeah I tried it and it is ok for basic features but the blog pages are so basic it is better just to create a blog section / category for people that want blog pages.

Thanks though.

vijay555com
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vijay555com » Sat May 21, 2011 8:19 am

Once you have JCE working, it's fairly easy to transplant the sections from my earlier patch into the new patch to activate advanced editing features. I didn't do it myself because one of them was causing the whole lot to fail, so it's trial and error, but if you just activate the features you need, you can customise your JCE setup with advanced editing features.

V

hiey82
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by hiey82 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:58 am

Dear Vijay555com
I already replace the write.html with the file that you provided including 2009.09.23 and 2009.09.22 it successful but the green Save Button disappear. You can see in the red box the save button is missing.

Any idea about that?

I use PHP 5.2, Myblog 3.0332 and JCE 1.5.1 and also joomla 1.5.23
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

diverso
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by diverso » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:28 pm

Hi, I'm slightly off topic, however I'm using Myblog in my site haven't figured out yet how to edit the page title that display "All blog entries" on the browser tab, does anyone of you guys know how to do it?

any hint is truly appreciated.

diverso
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by diverso » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:34 pm

Also another little issue perhaps someone is having same problem, when I open the pop up editor in Myblog, the buttons of browse files, in the upload section are strangely superimposed. Basically the upload button is on top of browse button and makes really hard the simple process. I jus want to know if it's bug, or maybe just a css fix could do in order to amend this little problem. I'm using Myblog on Joomla, ff 9 as browser.

Return to “Components”