How Do I Remove the 'Filter' Box From NewsFeed Pages?

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
n3IVI0
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

How Do I Remove the 'Filter' Box From NewsFeed Pages?

Post by n3IVI0 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:53 am

I turned off everything for the feeds, so only the links to the feed pages are displayed, but this box and the word 'Filter' remain. Anyone know how to hide that or remove it?

mcsmom
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: How Do I Remove the 'Filter' Box From NewsFeed Pages?

Post by mcsmom » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:11 am

I don't have nything like that showing. Can you please show a fuller page view and also a screen shot of your menu settings? Is this the single newsfeed view?
So we must fix our vision not merely on the negative expulsion of war, but upon the positive affirmation of peace. MLK 1964.
http://officialjoomlabook.com Get it at http://www.joomla.org/joomla-press-official-books.html Buy a book, support Joomla!.

n3IVI0
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by n3IVI0 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:57 am

You only see this box on Single Category pages, not on Feed or Category List pages. This is what remains after you uncheck all the boxes under List Layout:

The same thing happens in the Single Category page for Weblinks also.

Here is the solution, if you want to remove it permanently. You have to edit /components/com_newsfeeds/views/category/tmpl/default_items.php. Remove the following lines:

Code: Select all

<form action="<?php echo JFilterOutput::ampReplace(JFactory::getURI()->toString()); ?>" method="post" name="adminForm" id="adminForm">
	<fieldset class="filters">
	<legend class="hidelabeltxt"><?php echo JText::_('JGLOBAL_FILTER_LABEL'); ?></legend>
	<?php if ($this->params->get('show_pagination_limit')) : ?>
		<div class="display-limit">
			<?php echo JText::_('JGLOBAL_DISPLAY_NUM'); ?>&#160;
			<?php echo $this->pagination->getLimitBox(); ?>
		</div>
	<?php endif; ?>
	</fieldset>
This will you remove the Filter box entirely. You can do the same thing for Weblinks by removing the same lines from /components/com_weblinks/views/category/tmpl/default_items.php.

The problem occurs because unchecking the box for Display Select does not remove the box, only the dropdown menu inside the box.

mcsmom
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by mcsmom » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:11 pm

First, never edit lines like that, copy that to your template html folder and make thechanges there.
Second, I had n problem checking Hide fod Display Select and making the filter disappear although I did not get the word filter anywhere. You may need to check the options n the menu item which may be set to show instead of use global.
So we must fix our vision not merely on the negative expulsion of war, but upon the positive affirmation of peace. MLK 1964.
http://officialjoomlabook.com Get it at http://www.joomla.org/joomla-press-official-books.html Buy a book, support Joomla!.

n3IVI0
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by n3IVI0 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:41 pm

I tried that first. After I disabled the Filter in both the Global and the Newsfeed settings, it still didn't remove the box. Possibly it could be due to the Artisteer template I'm using, although try as I might, I couldn't find any settings in the program that could be related to that one box. I'll do as you recommend however. That way, the file doesn't get overwritten during upgrades.

dfirsching
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dfirsching » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:24 pm

Same problem here. Joomla 2.5.4, Display Select set to hide both in the Newsfeed Manager Options and in the Menu Manager List Options, and the box is gone but the word "Filter" remains hanging out there. Any suggestions? Using a Rockettheme template.

I will try that override if I can't find it in these various settings.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”