JFolder::files: Path is not a folder

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
erbag
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by erbag » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:13 pm

What would cause this error message?

I'm seeing it when I attempt to edit menu items and add/edit section & categories...why is this happening?

infowscr
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: JFolder::files: Path is not a folder

Post by infowscr » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:11 pm

I've exactly the same behavior. Also it doesnt display the images from includes/images folder. I've updated the right but still no luck. It started after I experimented with different picture galleries.

Does someone have a clue what is causing this?

wimc
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by wimc » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:20 pm

erbag wrote:What would cause this error message?

I'm seeing it when I attempt to edit menu items and add/edit section & categories...why is this happening?
I got the same error editing menu items after deleting the images/stories directory creating an empty images/stories directory solved the error.

luisr_ca
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by luisr_ca » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:36 pm

I had this problem too, but managed to fix it, so I'm posting my situation in the hopes it can help others.

I had previously had to change the path to the images folders to the full "http:\\" path in order to get SEO working. But doing that caused the "path is not a folder" error when trying to edit articles and upload images.

To fix the problem, I reset the paths to the media & image folders back to the defaults.

Path to media folder must be set to "images",
Path to image folder must be set to "images\stories"

Doing this resolved the JFolder:: path is not a folder error.

Luis

infowscr
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by infowscr » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:13 pm

Many thanks for your help, I got it fixed by indeed fixing the images folder and the settings to it.

mom23boyz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mom23boyz » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:43 am

Hello!

Joomla fledgling here. :D

I have very recently moved my site from FP to Joomla. I promise I'll read the Joomla for Beginner book you recommended here (and I'm also reading Joomla for Dummies) but I have this same issue and need step by step guidance, PLEASE! This problem is causing serious issues to my website.

I do NOT have a images/stories folder. I do have the other.

I do NOT know how to recreate that folder and reset the paths. Can someone walk me through step, by newbie step, please?

BIG THANKS! I'll be attending the Joomla development day in New England, too. I'm eager to learn as much as possible and get alot more fluent in Joomla.

luisr_ca
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by luisr_ca » Fri May 01, 2009 2:03 am

mom23boyz, can you please identify what version of Joomla you installed ?
Any instructions we would provide might be affected by the version you're using.

Luis

mom23boyz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mom23boyz » Wed May 13, 2009 2:01 pm

Luis, thanks for the help.

My joomla designer corrected the error. Apparently it had been happening since the move out to the root as he hadn't moved everything.

This was exactly the issue, too!

Thanks for the help!
Tam

cavok
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cavok » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:57 am

Interesting..
Can anyone shed some light on why it is necessary to have the stories folder there?

I presume there's a good reason for it, but I tend to be kinda particular about how my files are organized and find that it just gets in the way..

For additional verification: I've recreated the stories folder (that I'd deleted) and changed the path in the global configuration as suggested and this has fixed the error.. --Thanks to those that contributed to the solution.

Jordan

shoshanaz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by shoshanaz » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:35 pm

I'm seeing this error when trying to edit a menu item.

I have both an images folder and an images/stories folder

In the help/system info, these directories are shown, and are writable.

The site is a build from a saved sql (crashed). I installed joomla 1.5.14 then ran a sql query on the saved sql from the pre-crash site. It might be that there was something there that caused a problem.

Any further ideas on where to look?

shoshanaz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by shoshanaz » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:18 pm

This was resolved for me when I uninstalled then re-installed the template.

samy1234
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by samy1234 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:11 pm

Hi,

If you are getting the error jfolder:path is not a folder please go to
$base\libraries\joomla\html\html\list.php.Open list.php file and find out /images path and replace the same with the folder name of the images you have changed in your base or root directory.

But I will advice to you guys don't change the original image folder name in the root directory to something else.

Warm Regards,
Deepak Ray

http://zensarteam.wordpress.com/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Senior Consultant, Consulting Group,
Zensar Technologies,Pune

rjwatsoniii
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by rjwatsoniii » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:55 pm

Hello,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. That fixed an issue I had with loading up videos using AVReloaded. For some reason AVReloaded could not find a video file and it was because my "global configuration" in Joomla 1.5.X was wrong. It was different than the defaults.

I was wondering that the heck was going on. I only spent about 10 hours trying to figure it out on my own.

Thank you all!!

Rich from St. Louis

Paradigmaweb
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Paradigmaweb » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:37 pm

Hi.

You don't need to patch any file; just created by ftp folders "videos" and "audio" inside "/images/stories"

/images/stories/videos
/images/stories/audio

Thats all ;D.

MCNX
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by MCNX » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:41 am

Hi guys! Thanks for the advice! I've been playing with Joomla for a while now, and I cannot believe that I made the mistake of deleting the M_images folder. :-[
Well, I found the solution to my problem, thank you!
Here is the Joomla system advice "You can create a new folder to use with the Media Manager and enter the path to that folder here. Warning: Do not delete or change the existing images folder. The images/banners, images/M_images, images/smilies, and images/stories folders are used by the application."
Cheers!
Alex

lilian5049
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by lilian5049 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:41 pm

Hi all,

i have a little bit different problem. It says Warning 21 JFolder::folder: Path is not a folder when i try to upload image to an article. On the second try i'm able to insert it but it's very annoying, takes long time to upload all the articles every day.
I read somewhere that i have to update from 1.5.20 to 1.5.22 to eliminate the error, did it but it didn't work. Also read i have to correct the file in /libraries/joomla/filesystem/folder.php there was a comma instead of dot, corrected it but still nothing...
Never changed the name or the structure ot stories/images file. Have enough free space on the server.

Any idea will be appreciated!

Lili

kenshiz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by kenshiz » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:20 am

lilian5049 wrote:Hi all,

i have a little bit different problem. It says Warning 21 JFolder::folder: Path is not a folder when i try to upload image to an article. On the second try i'm able to insert it but it's very annoying, takes long time to upload all the articles every day.
I read somewhere that i have to update from 1.5.20 to 1.5.22 to eliminate the error, did it but it didn't work. Also read i have to correct the file in /libraries/joomla/filesystem/folder.php there was a comma instead of dot, corrected it but still nothing...
Never changed the name or the structure ot stories/images file. Have enough free space on the server.

Any idea will be appreciated!

Lili
same here lily..
thought only mine have this prob..
only prompt window appear, but its annoying...

lilian5049
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by lilian5049 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:29 am

It's horrible,

i even deleted all the pictures and made a new folder stories to make sure there wasn't corrupt picture. Nothing, still the same problem...

kenshiz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by kenshiz » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:11 am

lilian5049 wrote:It's horrible,

i even deleted all the pictures and made a new folder stories to make sure there wasn't corrupt picture. Nothing, still the same problem...
FYI im using 1.5.22 also having this error..
solutions?

lilian5049
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by lilian5049 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:25 am

Well, i have this problem to my other website as well and it's 1.5.14 so i doubt this is the issue. Yesterday decided to uninstall the editor JCE as if i try to upload a picture from the image button under the article it's ok. So i decided it might be the editor but nothing changed even after reinstalling it. Spoke to the template provider Gavick pro, they said everything is ok with the template. I really have no clue what's that. Hope someone of the Joomla support team will finally give me any idea...

kenshiz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by kenshiz » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:46 am

this is a bug from JCE i think

lilian5049
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by lilian5049 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Ok, at the end of the day i just installed another editor - jck and it's now ok. Almost. The problem is that this extention doesn't "remember" the last image you've used and always takes you to the bottom of the image tree. Which means no difference with the image button under the articles on the left. Ah, well, the choice is what is more annoying :)

Still, thanks to everyone.

wildjb
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by wildjb » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:45 pm

I just had this same problem. I updated JCE from version 2.0.14 to 2.0.15 and it fixed the problem.

laura_abc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by laura_abc » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:42 pm

i updated JCE, but the problem is stood :D

it's very funny.
can anybody help me?

jmchauvel
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Problem updating JCE

Post by jmchauvel » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:20 pm

Laura,

Give more info if you want us to help solve your issue!

luis23045
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by luis23045 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:57 pm

We were having the same problem inside the Contact Component inside Joomla 1.5.25.

The problem with us was that somehow the folder M_images was eliminated and because that folder was containing images related to the Contact Component the error was appearing while visiting the Contact Component.

Code: Select all

Our solution was only download the Original Joomla 1.5.25 files and re-upload the folder M_images again.

This folder is located inside Root Files /images/M_images
http://cmsteachings.com - Joomla Tips & Tutorials
http://ubrainmedia.com - My Joomla Company
My Joomla Advice is my personal experience. It does not means I am right or wrong. It just means that I work with Joomla in my own way and it works for me.

mal2moh
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by mal2moh » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:36 am

MCNX wrote:Hi guys! Thanks for the advice! I've been playing with Joomla for a while now, and I cannot believe that I made the mistake of deleting the M_images folder. :-[
Well, I found the solution to my problem, thank you!
Here is the Joomla system advice "You can create a new folder to use with the Media Manager and enter the path to that folder here. Warning: Do not delete or change the existing images folder. The images/banners, images/M_images, images/smilies, and images/stories folders are used by the application."
Cheers!
Alex
hi
thanks
youe solution is best and work

joderida
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by joderida » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:06 am

Hy guys!
I have the same problem: "JFolder: :folder: Path is not a folder. Path:", when I try to add a new menu item...
I'm using joomla 2.5.8, but I can't see any type of "stories" or "M_images" etc... subfolder in my root/image folder(not even in the original installation zip). I tried some of the tips like editing the media manager image path or so...
Anyone can help me, If any admin send me private message I can give acces to the site, because it's just a test site.

kelecz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kelecz » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:00 pm

jonathanteh1
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jonathanteh1 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:30 am

Dear all,

I have the problem below in the media manager:
"JFolder::folder: Path is not a folder
JFolder::folder: Path is not a folder
JFolder::folder: Path is not a folder"

To view the issue, you can see the following image:

Steps taken:
i) I have ensured the path names according to luisr_ca's post (Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:36 am):
Path to media folder must be set to "images",
Path to image folder must be set to "images\stories"

ii) I have ensured the following folders exist according to MCNX's post (Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:41 pm):
Warning: Do not delete or change the existing images folder. The images/banners, images/M_images, images/smilies, and images/stories folders are used by the application.

iii) I have ensured that the following folders also exist according to Paradigmaweb (Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:37 am);
/images/stories/videos
/images/stories/audio

iv) I have read "http://dailyblogging.org/joomla-2/jfold ... in-joomla/" as posted by kelecz (Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:00 am): but this is a different issue

Despite all that, I have not been able to solve the issue. Can anyone help to provide advice? Thank you. Looking forward to hearing your replies.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”