What am I doing wrong!?

This board for support questions on Joomla 1.6 RC (= Release Candidate - which should NOT be used on a production server) is NO longer active because Joomla 1.6.0 has been released.

>> For Joomla! 1.6 Support Questions, please use http://forum.joomla.org/viewforum.php?f=614 instead <<
Sevarin
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

What am I doing wrong!?

Post by Sevarin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:41 pm

I installed Joomla 1.6 RC1 three times now from scratch. And every time I install, i get this:

http://www.karaokewithalex.com

Each time I installed, I deleted the previous database, reuploaded all the files. I even re-downloaded the Joomla 1.6 RC1 installation package, to make sure there was no issue with that.

I'm clueless! Anyone has any idea???

brian
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: What am I doing wrong!?

Post by brian » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:51 pm

That looks like its missing the language file
"Exploited yesterday... Hacked tomorrow"
Blog http://brian.teeman.net/
Joomla Hidden Secrets http://hiddenjoomlasecrets.com/

Sevarin
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Sevarin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:07 pm

I downloaded the full package and uploaded the whole thing. How can that be?

EDIT: I just double checked, and the folder language with all the files is there. Rights on that folder and all files is 755.

Sevarin
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Sevarin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:34 pm

Ok, when I log into the Administration part, it let's me choose the language. These are the options I have:

JDEFAULT
English (United Kingdom)
XXTestLang

When I choose English (United Kingdom), I get a blank page after login saying "JINVALID_TOKEN".

Maybe that helps to clarify what's going on...

Sevarin
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Sevarin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:09 pm

I installed again, this time choosing English (UK) during the setup process, instead of English (US), and now it seems to work.

brian
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by brian » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:16 pm

I tried to repeat this selecting English (US) and could not repeat it. If you are able to repeat this please post on the joomla 1.6 issue tracker
"Exploited yesterday... Hacked tomorrow"
Blog http://brian.teeman.net/
Joomla Hidden Secrets http://hiddenjoomlasecrets.com/

Sevarin
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Sevarin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:23 pm

Will do...

Now I have another issue. I duplicated one of the Templates in the Admin section. When I try to click on the duplicate (or any other theme for that matter) to rename it, etc. I get an error saying:

500 - An error has occurred.

Error loading form file

Return to Control Panel

Any ideas?

digger149
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by digger149 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:09 pm

I have exactly the same problem, I have searched everywhere and can only find this reference - did you find a solution?

Kredo900
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Kredo900 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:34 am

Sevarin wrote:Will do...

Now I have another issue. I duplicated one of the Templates in the Admin section. When I try to click on the duplicate (or any other theme for that matter) to rename it, etc. I get an error saying:

500 - An error has occurred.

Error loading form file

Return to Control Panel

Any ideas?

Check if the folder name of the template is the same as
in <name></name> section of templateDetails.xml

After movements you've made they aren't the same.

astrodene
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by astrodene » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:00 pm

Had the same problem with copying template.
Eventualy changed the <name> as suggested above and also changed all the file paths in component.php that point to the stylesheets to the new file locations. Seems to be important to change them BEFORE doing the discover

jammin320
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jammin320 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:06 am

Good day everyone. I'm drinking from the fire hose in an attempt to learn Joomla and then get a full website up and online. I've setup two sandbox sites to learn from. One one, I've installed the sample content, and that page is working great. On the other, I have not installed the sample content. Everything else is the same. When I try to access the template through the Template Manager in Admin, I get a 500 - Error has occurred. Error loading form file page. This error occurs when I click on the name of any of the templates that were installed with the Joomla package. I have not done anything else (beyond remove the installation folder and set appropriate file system permissions). I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Joomla with not luck.

Any clues you can provide would be great. I followed the Language conversation in this thread, but it doesn't appear to match my issue, only my symptoms.

griiettner
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by griiettner » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:28 pm

Ok, I had similar error when trying to create a template for Joomla 1.6. I typed on google my issue and found this tread.

So now I understand the differences between 1.5 and 1.6 versions.

On 1.5, you simply create a folder and add the XML inside, and it was done, your template was easier found by Joomla admin panel and could be used, but now, on Joomla 1.6, the templates must be specified on database table called jos_template_styles and to find the template, you have to use new feature called "Discover" at Extension Manager. When the template is discovered, you have to press Install and it is done...

But... when I did this, the error appeared and I had to find the solution and here are few things you should know before discover your template.

1 - @Kredo900 gave first hint... so... make sure the folder name of the template is the same as
in <name></name> section of templateDetails.xml, no spaces or special characterers

2 - In case you already installed your template, by using discover, and you getting error, go to jos_template_styles table on your database and at the "template" column, make sure that the name of the folder is the same listed on this field.

I hope I could contribute and help Joomla folks that are having similar issue.

ohno
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ohno » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:57 am

griiettner wrote: 2 - In case you already installed your template, by using discover, and you getting error, go to jos_template_styles table on your database and at the "template" column, make sure that the name of the folder is the same listed on this field.
How do you edit the table in the database?

griiettner
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by griiettner » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:08 am

ohno wrote: How do you edit the table in the database?
I used phpMyAdmin to do it...

I'm not if this answer your question...

ohno
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ohno » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:40 am

It does not :/

griiettner
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by griiettner » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:45 am

I don't know if you have database skills, but you have to access directly your database tables.

The most usable user friendly script used to access database tables is phpMyAdmin.

Please, make sure you know what you are doing, because depending on what you change on your database, can do a big mess...

ohno
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ohno » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:01 am

Got it to work. Uninstalled then reinstalled template.

Return to “Joomla! 1.6 RC Support [closed]”