YASIG gallery and yasiguncle extensions

Do you have an Open Source Product available for Joomla!? Let everyone know here.
mslonik
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

YASIG gallery and yasiguncle extensions

Post by mslonik » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:31 pm

Dear Community,

Let me present to your attention YASIG gallery :-]

YASIG = Yet Another Slimbox Image Gallery YASIG is a fork of well known 'Slimbox Image Gallery Plugin for Joomla! v 1.5'
that was left orphaned by its creator. It's still fast and easy to use, but its functionality is much widened and improved.

For the purpose of YASIG we used altered version of Slimbox v. 2.05, based on JQuery, enabling full customization of text strings visible on buttons.

Functions of YASIG gallery:

* Simple syntax of the plugin code.
* Textual form of gallery code.
* Optional text description to each gallery picture.
* Full control of the Author over size and order of the photos in gallery.
* Quickness.
* Low disk volume.
* Photo browsing with use of mouse.
* Photo browsing with use of keyboard (shortcuts).
* All the photo files and their descriptions are indexed for a purpose of Google engine.

As it is with every kind of content, also photo gallery is used for information exchange between:

* Author - maker of a web page and
* User - person willing to see a content created by the Author (viewer).

Processing of photos requires from Author:

1. Selection of photos, which gallery will consist.
2. Processing of photos - creation of 'normal' size photos and miniatures.
3. Loading of the photos to J! server file system.
4. Insert in choosen article of YASIG gallery code.
5. If necessary alteration of photo descriptions.

Presentation of photos as every other content to User:

6. On a web page at first there are displayed small versions of photos called miniatures or thumbs.
7. If User click to any miniature, then there is displayed bigger version of a photo together with optional photo description and some control items (e.g. buttons)which enable sequential show of other gallery photos.

To read more about YASIG and its relatives: yasiguncle, just click Documentation URL at the top of this page.

Since December 2010 YASIG gallery gained support with use of additional 'yasiguncle' extensions. From now on at One's disposal there are the following extensions:

* plugin YASIG
* component yasiguncle
* plugin yasiguncle

Thanks to use of yasiguncle extensions making of YASIG photo gallery will take just the following steps:

1. Selection of photos, which gallery will consist.
2. Loading of the photos to J! server file system.
3. Choose an article where One'd like to put YASIG photo gallery.
4. Click 'Yasig' button visible just under the main article window = process photos and insert YASIG gallery code.
5. If necessary alteration of photo descriptions.

Please support our work! If in your opinion this extension is worth of your time, is nice, helpful, helped you to do some work, or just simply saying did its work, we ask you to assess it by publishing your comment at Joomla! extensions web page, here.

Feel free to post here your comments, feature requests or even bug reports. If you're Joomla! developer, you can actually post your reports here.

The YASIG project page is available here.
Some help and English description is available here.

mole79
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: YASIG gallery and yasiguncle extensions

Post by mole79 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:20 pm

I encountered theese errors :'( using the YASIG plugin:
Strict Standards: Declaration of JCacheControllerView::get() should be compatible with that of JCacheController::get() in C:\xampp\htdocs\Siciliasaronno\libraries\joomla\cache\controller\view.php on line 121

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\Siciliasaronno\plugins\content\yasig\yasig.php on line 84

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\Siciliasaronno\plugins\content\yasig\yasig.php on line 87

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\Siciliasaronno\plugins\content\yasig\yasig.php on line 90

Strict Standards: Declaration of JParameter::loadSetupFile() should be compatible with that of JRegistry::loadSetupFile() in C:\xampp\htdocs\Siciliasaronno\libraries\joomla\html\parameter.php on line 395

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\Siciliasaronno\plugins\content\yasig\yasig.php on line 48

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\Siciliasaronno\plugins\content\yasig\yasig.php on line 48

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\Siciliasaronno\plugins\content\yasig\yasig.php on line 66

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\Siciliasaronno\plugins\content\yasig\yasig.php on line 84

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\Siciliasaronno\plugins\content\yasig\yasig.php on line 87

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\Siciliasaronno\plugins\content\yasig\yasig.php on line 90

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\Siciliasaronno\plugins\content\yasig\yasig.php on line 66

What can I do to eliminate them?

mslonik
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mslonik » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:15 pm

Well, at first it would be helpful if some facts are known about version of YASIG, version of your J! environment... But what was pasted above looks familiar to me. It has nothing to do with YASIG.

I've seen this kind of errors in J! 1.6 if default configuration of .php server was used in the newest (?) version of XAMPP. I don't use XAMPP as my working environment is based on Linux, but I think you should change the following parameter to the following value:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED

Please post your comment if I helped you. If not, don't hesitate to ask again :-)

Kind regards,
mslonik

mole79
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mole79 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:41 pm

I've disabile the display errors function on php.ini of my xampp and solved that problem.
You said right. I use xampp 1.7.4 and Joomla 1.6.
All extensions I installed, encounterd the same problems, due to the display errors function.

Thanks

Chers

Return to “Open Source Products for Joomla!”