BigBlueButton Extension issue

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
jponeill125
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

BigBlueButton Extension issue

Post by jponeill125 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:00 pm

I have added the bigbluebutton video conference extension to my Joomla 1.6.2 server. However when I go to enter my URL and SALT code under the components menu i run into issues. I can enter the information but I cannot save it. The webpage just does nothing.

I have bigbluebutton running correctly on 1.5.23. Has anyone else seen this problem.

Any help will be much appreciated.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: BigBlueButton Extension issue

Post by imanickam » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:37 am

When I reviewed this extension in the Extensions Directory, I only notice that this is certified to work with Joomla! 1.5. There is no mention about the extension certified for Joomla! 1.6.

Also, I believe that this extension is still in the testing phase.

Suggest getting in touch with the extension's developer.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

ffdixon
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ffdixon » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:12 pm

Hi imanickam,

Can you check if your BigBlueButton Joomla integration on 1.6.2 works with test-install.blindsidenetworks.com server? For the parameters for test-install, see http://blindsidenetworks.com/integration#joomla

This will help us isolate whether the problems are with the BigBlueButton integration, the parameters for the BigBlueButton server, or your BigBlueButton server setup.

Regards,... Fred
BigBlueButton developer

schandl2
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by schandl2 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Hello, I am a student at UNCC and I am preparing to install BBB on our joomla site. I noticed the earlier post about the salt did you ever get that resolved? Also is there anything else you can say about the integration of BBB on a Joomla site? After install my next goal is to set it up so that once a user logs onto our joomla site his/her username is imported into BBB for a seemless integration.

cbahiana
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by cbahiana » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:18 pm

I know this is an old thread, but I just found out today that BigBlueButton, regardless of mentioning Joomla on it's FAQ, actually has no integration solution for Joomla any more, though there is for WP and Drupal.

What happened?
Carlos Bahiana
You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes...

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”