Where are the Akeeba Backup Files Stored?

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
ntonline
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Where are the Akeeba Backup Files Stored?

Post by ntonline » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:32 am

I have recently installed Akeeba to back up my site and database. I performed the back up successfully, but I'm wondering where the backup files are being stored. Does anyone know where I can find the back up files?

I tried the Akeeba support forum but they are not offering support over the Easter weekend.

219jondn
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Where are the Akeeba Backup Files Stored?

Post by 219jondn » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:50 pm

Interesting question - and one that I've forgotten many times and spent time searching through directories to find ;)
By default Akeeba Backup files are stored in administrator/components/com_akeeba/backup

Hope that helps!
Respectfully,
Jon Neubauer
Tweet at me @219jondn

ntonline
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ntonline » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:24 pm

219jondn wrote:By default Akeeba Backup files are stored in administrator/components/com_akeeba/backup
That's what I'm looking for! 219jondn, you're the man!

Thank you!

6mtua5
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 6mtua5 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:42 pm

I am trying to navigate to the files that Akeeba just created when I did a backup.

I went to the /administrator/components/com_akeeba/backup/ folder and the only file I see there is another backup I did a few months ago.

Would there be any reason that these files would be somewhere else besides that folder?

For the time being I am going to manually export the database for backup via phpMyAdmin and copy all the files with an SFTP client, but I would like to know for future reference.

mojito
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by mojito » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:42 pm

I need to find my backup and in the default place there is nothing ! Where can I find what location I have set ? Is there a record buried in my db or some config file...thanks anyone
I am a freelance SEO (https://cambs.eu) web designer and developer working with Wordpress and Joomla since Mambo.

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:09 pm

The backup location is stored in the Akeeba Backup settings, under Configuration it is the "Output Directory".

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”