Php 5 for Joomla 1.5.23

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
spankondrums
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Php 5 for Joomla 1.5.23

Post by spankondrums » Fri May 06, 2011 5:37 pm

Hello out there I have Joomla 1.5.23 and I have loaded mod_jbgview_10.0.zip
It is for a family tree thing on my website, but without php 5 you get a white screen. So can I still get php 5 for my version of Joomla ?
Below is what the administrator told my over at JB-Soft where I got the jbgview file from.

Do you have the latest version of phpgedview ?
If so.... you also need php5. If you dont have php5 you will get a white screen.

if your provider has both php4 ad php5. You can creatre a file (in the root of your website) called .htaccess (do not forget the dot)
In that file you can put hte following line:

AddHandler x-httpd-php5 .php

This means: all files with extension .php will work with php5.

Thanks ahead of time

madchris
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Php 5 for Joomla 1.5.23

Post by madchris » Sun May 08, 2011 1:04 am

PHP is the main computer language used to create Joomla. The PHP version is associated with the server where the website is hosted. PHP version 5 is the current standard. PHP version 4 is outdated.

First, log in to the back end of your Joomla installation and take a look at Help -> System Info -> System Information -> PHP Version. If this number starts with 4, then your web host is running PHP 4. If this number starts with a 5, then your web host is running PHP 5.

If your web host is running PHP 4, then you can try editing the .htaccess file like JB-Soft suggested, adding that line of code at the top of the .htaccess file.

If that doesn't work, or if you don't know how to edit the .htaccess file, contact your web hosting company. Tell them you need your website to run on PHP 5 instead of PHP 4 and they should be able to help you.
http://www.madblanks.com - Quiz, survey, assessment, custom calculator, general purpose form extension

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”