Cannot upload Files

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Master1791
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Cannot upload Files

Post by Master1791 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:02 am

Hi,

I'm quite new to joomla and recently had to move a website from one server to another. Before moving the website everything was working fine. I was able to upload files just fine. Now that I have moved the website to a different server upload does not work anymore.
I'm using Windows 2008 R2 Server with PHP installed and MySQL. I have Joomla 1.6 installed (latest version) and also Phoca and a Forum extension. I cannot upload Files in Joomla, nore both extensions.
I moved the website by copying the website directory to the new server and exported the database from the old mysql server and importet it on the new one. I have also copied the PHP.ini file. I did not execute the Joomla installation on the new server which might be the issue. Permissions seem to be fine as joomla indicates that it has write access to all important directories and files.
Does anyone have any ideas what I was doing wrong or what is missing?

Thanks. If you need any additional information please let me know.

dylanjh
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Cannot upload Files

Post by dylanjh » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:15 am

Check your configuration.php for paths which related to the old server. There is a location in there that you have to change, although the exact parameter name escapes me at the moment.
EmailAsUsername - Remove Usernames Joomla! Virtuemart And JomSocial registration http://www.lunarhotel.co.uk Many other extensions supported.

Master1791
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Master1791 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:47 pm

Sorry for the late answer, I was too busy the last days. :(

I was checking the configuration.php but I was not able to fine anything which was pointing to the old server. Not sure what is wrong here :(

dylanjh
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by dylanjh » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:01 pm

Check
log_path
tmp_path
live_site
EmailAsUsername - Remove Usernames Joomla! Virtuemart And JomSocial registration http://www.lunarhotel.co.uk Many other extensions supported.

Master1791
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Master1791 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:13 pm

the paths are correct and live_site does not exist :(

Master1791
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Master1791 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:02 pm

I was able to solve the problem. PHP tried to write to C:\Windows\Temp and did not have enough permissions to do that. Now everything is working fine :)

Thanks.

kazza123
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by kazza123 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:06 am

Hi there, am new to Joomla as have inherited the updating from our recently retired webmaster. I am trying to attach a couple of .xls spreadsheets but it keeps coming up with an error. I am not computer literate at all so please use laymans terms when replying :-) Thanks

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”