JA Teline II Layout Problem (Probably a CSS Issue)

Everything to do with Joomla! 1.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
hctideline
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

JA Teline II Layout Problem (Probably a CSS Issue)

Post by hctideline » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:12 am

Hello, I'm a brand new Joomla user, and I've got a bit of a problem with my JA Teline II template. It's sort of hard to picture, so here's a few visual aids:

What my site should look like:

What it currently looks like:

As you can see from above, the issue is that the double sidebar on the right moves to below the front-page and news modules and is condensed to be thinner than it's supposed to be. Also, the horizontal bar separating the front-page and news modules is below the news module, along with another bar that's there for no apparent reason.

There is also supposed to be a media box above the two sidebars, as you can see in this image:

I'd love to figure out how to get that onto my site as well, although the sidebar issue is a bit more pertinent.

One final note that may be of some help: it seems to be the front-page module that's causing the issue, because when I disable it, the two sidebars return to their correct position.

If you have any questions, please let me know and I will respond immediately. Thank you very, very much for helping me with this! :)

Mishas
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: JA Teline II Layout Problem (Probably a CSS Issue)

Post by Mishas » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:55 am

Hi :) I hope can help you..

When you insert text in article, you should be careful. Check your text with HTML button, and fix if there anu <p> tags at the begin article text.
That <p> tag affect on front page, moving down everything what is after intro text articles (who have <p> tag in intro)

I hope you understand my english :) Please tell me is there any cool results

ukmerge
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by ukmerge » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:54 am

dont help this :( in article not <p> :( but dont show corectly.

GeoUK
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by GeoUK » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:23 pm

Can you post a link to the site. With a look at the site, I am sure someone will come up with the solution. It appears that you may have something set too wide for the right hand column.

regme13
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by regme13 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:21 am

Hello guys ,

I have exactly the same problem like hctideline and I still can`t find a solution :( Everything works find then I install few modules and check the main page and the result was the same as at the fisrt attached picture in the thread. I uninstall the modules but nothing changed. BTW I have this problem only at the frontpage. If I click on any article the modules are at the right postion but at the frontpage everything is total mess, Please if someone have a solution post it here. I`ll continue to search for a solution and if I find it I`ll post it :) Wish me a good luck :)

mark_up
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by mark_up » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:49 am

A link will allow us to fix it for you.

Is Joomlart no longer providing support for their templates, or was this template sourced from somewhere else?
http://twitter.com/mark_up.
Opinions expressed are mine alone and don't necessarily represent the views of any organisation I am associated with.

regme13
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by regme13 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:25 pm

Somehow I fix it. I dont know why but after I remove one of the menues from the "magazine" menu every module goes to the right place. I know that this is not so much useful info but if you have problems like that try to remove one by one the categories which are linked to the "magazine" menu , it works with me :)

deblock1376
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by deblock1376 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:10 pm

Hi all,

I'm having the same problem. I can fix the CSS code, but it reverts back after uploading a new story. Can anyone take a look at: www.racinepost.com/joomla2 and see if you can spot anything?

Much appreciated.

GeoUK
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by GeoUK » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:41 pm

Only thing I can see wrong with your site is that you are importing a blog (site) into a wrapper and the wrapper is too narrow to show the full width of the site.

Remove the adverts and it will fit.

MaxLaMenace
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by MaxLaMenace » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:09 pm

I found that what was causing the problem was the "read more" break I had introduced in the articles.

sixpack_design
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by sixpack_design » Tue May 04, 2010 5:20 am

I'm also having issues with the Read More links. They work on the front page but they don't work in the interior pages. My templates is JA Telines II.

Here is the link: http://www.hoydallas.com

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

MaxLaMenace
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by MaxLaMenace » Tue May 04, 2010 5:45 pm

I have resolved the problem by simply installing the "Content - Auto Read More" joomla plugin.
Visit their site : http://www.toao.net

sixpack_design
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by sixpack_design » Tue May 04, 2010 6:06 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I installed the Auto Read More and I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Class 'tidy' not found in /plugins/content/AutoReadMore.php on line 105

Please help

MaxLaMenace
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by MaxLaMenace » Tue May 04, 2010 6:26 pm

Sorry, I'm just a beginner. It's outside my realm of comprehension.

mervikhaums
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mervikhaums » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:03 pm

sixpack_design wrote:I'm also having issues with the Read More links. They work on the front page but they don't work in the interior pages. My templates is JA Telines II.

Here is the link: http://www.hoydallas.com

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

friend I checked your website. I'm using the same theme but the tabs are not working. Can you help me please?

Rahimzai
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Rahimzai » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:26 am

Hello, has anyone found a solution to this problem...i have a same problem on my page, i am using JA Teline III, when i add a new Article it misses the layout http://www.ainaf.org
please let me know of any solutions...

cyberspy
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by cyberspy » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:04 pm

this problem bugged for 2 days...

and the answer is SIMPLE...

go to the article and remove the first and last <DIV> tag ...

this also happens automatically if you are using JCE editor..

Timka
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Timka » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:13 pm

WOW, very helpful post. I posted a similar question here
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=466&t=628521
and in the JoomlaArt forum seeking advice on how to fix a similar issue on my site. Just like hctideline my right side banner was showing in the wrong place at first using IE 8, and then then for some reason my whole footer disappeared in IE9.

Thanks to this post I was able to track down the problem to mod_janews2 on the front page.
So after I disabled the module the site works fine in IE9 and it even works when I set it to show 2 columns instead of 3, but when I set it to 3 columns BAM! the whole thing goes bananas.

So Im guessing that the problem is with JA News or maybe even with the way the article are set up. I'll try to troubleshoot it some more but if anyone know if there is a solution on how to fix this let me know.
If its the problem with the way the 3 columns are displayed then shouldn't it be an easy fix?

Timka
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Timka » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:52 pm

update,
once again I'd like to thank everyone who participated in this thread, and for doing an awesome job helping me solve the problem.
Спасибо "Thank You" Mishas
and cyberspy and who ever else suggested to check the articles for the problem. After troubleshooting I tracked down the source of the problem. It was in one of the articles which I had just copied text from a word document and pasted in the article which had all the fancy tags from Word. So after writing a new article not using any special tags and having that article display on the front page everything went back to normal, site works great in IE9 one other thing that threw me off is when I used IE8 to log on for some reason text in half of the articles that are displayed on the front page turned red... any ideas on what would cause this?

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 1.5”