Embed flash into articles - joomla 1.6

This forum is for reporting bugs in Joomla!. Please don't report problems with extensions in here.
madaura
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Embed flash into articles - joomla 1.6

Post by madaura » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:18 pm

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I think it's,

I try the next different options to insert a flash animation inside an article:

1. Just copy in the tinyMCE editor trough the HTML option, the code. It works, but when I save the article it strips my code (object tag).

2. Change the tinyMCE editor to "none" in the Global Configuration, and try again, same results.

3. Under Arcticle Manager -> Options -> Text Filters, change the superuser "Filter Type" to "No Filtering", try again, same results.

4. Under Plug-in Manager -> Editor TinyMCE change its "clean code on save" option to "Never", try again, same results.

5. Under Plug-in Manager -> Editor TinyMCE change its "Functionality" option to "Extended", try using the Media Icon, same results.

At this point, there is no option that filter my content, but anyway, it does!

Searching on Internet, I found a fellow that apply the next solution and it works, but like you can see is not the perfect idea if your site has different people than you creating content, and finally this is the main idea of an CMS system, this isn't it?

The solution was:

Let the TinyMCE functionality option to Extended and, this is the clever part, change the "Filter Type" in Article Options to "No filtering" to ALL the Groups!!, that way, it works!

To me, it doesn't have any sense since the article was created by the superadmin, but anyway that's the reason I thing this is a bug.

By the way, I'm working right now with the last version 1.6.3.

Thanks, and of course if I'm wrong in something let me know!

joomir
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Embed flash into articles - joomla 1.6

Post by joomir » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:40 am

Thanks alot,

very good article

madaura
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by madaura » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:18 pm

Thanks joomir,

By the way, I decided to change the editor to joomlaCK and it works perfect with flash!

gathset
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by gathset » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:49 pm

Thanks!!!! Madaura and Joomir you are serving humanity. This have been a bug that have been trying for fix for weeks !!! you can imagine

Big up !!! and to be precise the joomla joomlaCK editor works like a charm .. :D thanks again you have save me my job !!

Jim

magcig
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by magcig » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:20 pm

Here is a Clear Tut:

install-climber.[URL banned].com/2011/09/how-to-add-flash-movie-to-post-in.html

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 Bug Reporting”