”No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting...” ??

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Lurgee
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

”No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting...” ??

Post by Lurgee » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:44 pm

After installing the Joomla-1.5RC3, I get he message ”No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting...” on my webpage (http://www.barneogungdomsarbeider.no). And it is not possible to go to the administrator page.
What have I done wrong?
Last edited by Lurgee on Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: ”No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting...

Post by humvee » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:55 pm

Hi

It would seem that your server might not have matched the necessary requirements for Joomla! to run, could you perhaps post your server specifications.

Also were there any failures reported in the Pre-installation Step2 of the installation?

Are you running on localhost/remote host/shared hosting?

Andy

Lurgee
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: ”No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting...” ??

Post by Lurgee » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:03 pm

No trouble in pre-installation step 2. I’m using a local host.

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: ”No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting...

Post by humvee » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:16 pm

ok,

Well, try opening the configuration.php-dist file in the root directory of the installation and manually editing the fields - see the Manual Installation section within the Joomla! Installation Manual, and then save this as configuration.php.

But don't bother with the FTP settings as you are running on localhost.

Have the database tables been created should be 36 of them.

...one further thought are you running on Windows/Linux/Mac OS and have you manually installed the server or used a package such as WAMP, XAMPP, MAMP depending on system?

Andy

DanielW7
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: ”No configuration file found and no installation code a

Post by DanielW7 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:04 pm

Hello Andy, It seems that you know alot about Joomla! I am trying to change my web site from one hosting to GoDaddy hosting and I am getting the same message that the other person was getting " " No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting..." I am wondering if you are for hire? as I would like to get this done but I don't have the time to read and learn all of this Joomla stuff.
Thanks for your time in advance,

Daniel

amiekeren
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by amiekeren » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:12 am

Hello, I'm Amie from Indonesia.
I have same problem. I will tell step by step.

1. I installed Joomla 1.5.23 Full Package (download on July 02, 2011) in localhost. I'm using WAMP server version 2.0 (or higher, I forget). In directory wamp\www I've made a project with another CMS before.

2. When I try to open web installer, it doesn't appear. And I got a message :
No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting...”

3. As Manual Installation Guidebook says, I change configuration.php-dist into configuration.php, and fill database information, host information, password, and bla bla bla...in configuration.php.

4. When I want to import 'joomla.sql', I was surprised because there is no 'installation' directory and no 'joomla.sql' file. I'm stuck here.

5. I check for another Joomla 1.5 releases, but...it's same, no 'installation' directory too.

Anybody can help me, please ? ???

chimera15
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by chimera15 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:41 pm

I'm getting the same problem. I just started trying to install Joomla 1.6. I tried once through my domain service(domain.com) which installs the service supposedly automatically itself and got this message,

I also tried to upload the files manually, and as well am having problems with that, it said that the php version is too low or something like that. If the php version was too low, why would they offer to install the service automatically themselves???

kriszti
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by kriszti » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:23 am

I am getting the same error. I can't even get the installer to run. My site is a subdomain on a host where other subdomains (at least 1) has Joomla running on it. I've tried renaming configuration.php-dist but not actually manually configuring it. What a pain. I've installed Joomla a dozen times and when I bid on this project I didn't expect to spend a day trying to install Joomla. I deleted all the files now and will try a slightly newer version of Joomla.

Simon Chen
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Simon Chen » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:55 am

Oh, my dear friends, I am facing the same problem as you guys. Up to now, I do not have solution.
Somebody has found the solution ? Thank.
With kind regards
Simon / Friday, 2011-08-12 a.m.

Return to “Installation 1.5”