migrating from Wordpress to Joomla

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Nathan-mo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

migrating from Wordpress to Joomla

Post by Nathan-mo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:02 am

Hie guys!

for such a long time i have been thinking about Joomla. but when i have read around, people are sayin wordpress is better off than Joomla. they say word press has less issues when compared to joomla.

i am just interested to hear from you, because i am thinking of migrating to Joomla. will the sites be as professional as word press sites look?

i am new to joomla, so its better to get it first from you guys who have been here for a long time.

for a change, wanna use joomla.

i have also subscribed to this thread so that any reply, i should grab it.

thanks in advance!

ooffick
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Interested in starting an Indianapolis, IN area JUG

Post by ooffick » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:17 am

Mod Note: Moved to Correct Forum.
Olaf Offick - Global Moderator
learnskills.org

Nathan-mo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: migrating from Wordpress to Joomla

Post by Nathan-mo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:25 am

Thanks moderator, thanks...

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:47 pm

Joomla templates look as good or better than most WP templates. There are many free and commercial ones available. WP is fine if you just want a blog site, if you want to include user interactive features or commerce, then Joomla is a better choice. Joomla takes a little more learning but is quite manageable without getting a degree in Joomla. :)

Nathan-mo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Nathan-mo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:23 pm

makes sense, i will invest my time in this.

i remember back in the days when word press was like gree to me. i dint know where to start from. now i am master of word press. can set up a website within mins.

i think i need to take my time and learn this Joomla portal.

thanks dpacadmin

Kevin Rochow
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Kevin Rochow » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:26 am

I have just put up my first site www. helpmemakemoneyonline.org on a Wordpress installation.
I am starting to get familiar with the apps and widgets concept but still have a long way to go. I know there is a lot of support for Worpress and I was wondering if there is any real benefit to me starting from scratch again using Joomla.
I see the comment that it is better using Joomla, if I want to monetize the site. Why is that?
I also see that any SERP ranking that my site may be building will be lost if I migrate over to Joomla. (This is not so important as my site is only very new and also not yet fully developed.) If the SERP information is correct, however, it does mean that if I am going to jump ship across to Joomla, I should do it ASAP.
I look forward to your thoughts.
Cheers from Down Under

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 1.5”