The Joomla! Forum ™

Forum rules

Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.

Post subject: Joomla 1.7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:08 am 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

i have installed Joomla 1.7 with XAMPP to windows XP....
The following errors displayed while opening. pls help me to solve this error

Strict Standards: Static function JDatabase::test() should not be abstract in C:\xampp1\htdocs\Joomla_17\libraries\joomla\database\database.php on line 350

Strict Standards: Accessing static property JCache::$_handler as non static in C:\xampp1\htdocs\Joomla_17\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 394

Strict Standards: Accessing static property JCache::$_handler as non static in C:\xampp1\htdocs\Joomla_17\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 396

Strict Standards: Accessing static property JCache::$_handler as non static in C:\xampp1\htdocs\Joomla_17\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 396

Strict Standards: Accessing static property JCache::$_handler as non static in C:\xampp1\htdocs\Joomla_17\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 394

Post subject: Re: Joomla 1.7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:15 am 
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Review of the following discussions could be of help.

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2443155#p2443155 - XAMPP
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2497193 - LAMP
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=271244 - changes to file index.php

Support the poor and underprivileged

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:38 pm 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Thanks imanickam for the helpfull comment.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:48 am 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Gracias...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:44 pm 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

So helpful, thank you so much for the information. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:03 am 
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

TNX 4 great solution. ;D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:02 pm 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

sry guys..i cant understand and it [drive] me mad...i have istalled xampp and then joomla 1.7.2 and my administrator page shows on the top this:

Strict Standards: Accessing static property JCache::$_handler as non static in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla1.7.2\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 420

Strict Standards: Accessing static property JCache::$_handler as non static in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla1.7.2\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 422

Strict Standards: Accessing static property JCache::$_handler as non static in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla1.7.2\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 422

Strict Standards: Accessing static property JCache::$_handler as non static in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla1.7.2\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 420

what do I have to do...??change sth in the cache.php file??

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:01 am 
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Review of the discussion http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2556146#p2556146 would be of help.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:55 am 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

i did what it says here but nothing changed..!i found a solution...just changed in my admin site in the global configuration the reporting error from none to simple..!thanks anyway! :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:44 am 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Hi, thanks for the comments.
I found two 'error_reporting' items in my php.ini file. The first is like this:

; error_reporting
; Default Value: E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
; Development Value: E_ALL | E_STRICT
; Production Value: E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED

I changed it but nothing happened :(

I searched again an found another one-line 'error_reporting'. I changed it to the value posted in:
viewtopic.php?p=2443155#p2443155 - XAMPP

AND IT WORKED!!

Thought it would help to share my beginner-experience ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:52 pm 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

After trying to get XAMPP to play nice, I decided to uninstall it and try WAMP. None of these problems so far with WAMP.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:35 pm 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

I am not using the XAMPP and I've this problem on my live site! how can i fix this?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:41 pm 
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Try the following:

In the Global Configuration, in the tab Server, in the section Server Settings, for the option Error Reporting, choose the value Maximum.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:14 am 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

I tried all the error reporting options, and it didn't work. Also I did clean the cash.
When I'm changing the default template its working but its not really what i need because on current template I did lots of change and new module positions.
i cloned the template but nothing changed !!!
In errror reporting (Development) I'm receiving the errors from Cache.php 420 and 422 ???