Perhaps you could start by what errors you are getting? I'm more than willing to help out
Thanks at first, Nick.
You're welcome, but I may not be of much help
I finally had time to look into the errors but please let me first respond to your other statements.
The very problem ist one which beat from CB stil adressed: The part of security update in J 1.7.0 should have been J 1.6.6 instead. It is unhealthy to stop J 1.6.5 and bring out 1.7.0 instead from this aspect.
What I've learned is that Joomla's core developers are smart and definitely know what they are doing. That's not to say that they don't make mistakes, they definitely do. However in situations like these it's usually best to first ask why something was done rather than immediately conclude that they were wrong.
As beat wrote also, CB Team seems to have no appropriate time to prepare CB for J 1.7.0. When you are running such a component, this is a major failure if it isn't working. http://www.joomla.org/announcements/rel ... eased.htmlhttp://www.joomla.org/announcements/rel ... eased.htmlhttp://www.joomla.org/announcements/rel ... eased.htmlhttp://www.joomla.org/announcements/rel ... eased.html
I don't know the CB Team's schedule and time constraints, however I think a month and a half was appropriate, don't you? I'm not at all blaming the CB Team or saying that didn't do things well or saying that they failed anyone. I'm willing to assume the best on their end and assume that there was good reasons why they weren't ready. However what I am saying is that a month and a half is appropriate, reasonable, and fair, especially considering the lack of API changes.
The failure which appeared on my system was the following:
Crash Update J 1.7.0.JPG
This will occur to all CB users, i think.
I couldn't replicate this on a clean install of 1.6.5 and the latest version of CB. Are you sure you used the latest version of CB?
Here's the error I got:
Fatal error: Call to a member function getCfg() on a non-object in /var/www/bibelaabner.dk/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php on line 3228
And it's the same error that I've now see other users of CB get when upgrading to 1.7 so I'm assuming that your CB version is out of date and if you updated it would get the same error. Perhaps not though. I'll wait to hear what your version is first before trying to help more.
As to the error I got, Line 3228 reads:
$myLanguage=$mainframe->getCfg( 'language' );
mainframe was deprecated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deprecation
) in Joomla 1.5 and removed in 1.6, so it's unfair to blame Joomla's developers for someone using code that wasn't meant to be there in the first place. Before more people start hounding me, I'm not saying the CB Team is at fault. They have a single install package for Joomla 1.0, 1.5, 1.6 (and now 1.7) so that's 3 sets of api's that they have to account for so that's likely why it's there in the first place.
With that being said, as you can see things aren't as simple as it always appears to us the users. The Joomla team and the CB team are both extremely smart and good at what they do. When things get complicated like this (and if we don't know better), it's always best to ask why something was done rather than immediately blaming someone when you haven't heard their side (I've been guilty of this as well before).
In my opinion Joomla lost one point - the frist new-cycle-release simply failed.
Actually it was a great success and I'm proud of them
To God through Jesus Christ be the glory forever and ever!
Online Joomla Training at http://www.ostraining.com/online/
Sell your templates at https://www.templatecapitol.com/