JInstaller::install: File '…' does not exist.

For Joomla! 1.5 Coding related discussions, please use: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general
feromca
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

JInstaller::install: File '…' does not exist.

Post by feromca » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:48 am

My installer has been working until a few days ago, now I get:

JInstaller::install: File 'C:\Documents and Settings\name\Desktop\com_deals\admin\site\deals.php' does not exist.

I checked the zip file and everything looks ok, I changed file contents but not the file structure at all since the time it was working.

ZIP STRUCTURE

com_mycomponent.xml
admin
controllers
...rest of admin files
site
controllers
...rest of site files

In fact the folder com_mycomponent/admin/site/controllers does in face not exist, I don't know why it is looking for this folder.

thprogrammer
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: JInstaller::install: File '…' does not exist.

Post by thprogrammer » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:36 pm

Hi,
Please be sure to check if there is only one install.xml file in the zip archive and it is in the archive root.
When you open the zip archive of the component check that it has the following structure:
--install.xml
--admin
--site

remember in the admin or in the site folder there should not be any install.xml file.

I get this problem once and after inspecting found that there was another install.xml file inside my admin directory (copied from /joomla/administrator/components/com_mycomponent) and when i removed the install.xml file from there and archived it again it worked fine.

kinneyet
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kinneyet » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Had the same exact problem.

As thprogrammer suggested, I did a little bit of checking and sure enough, there was a second instance of my install.xml file. Once I removed it everything worked like a charm.

Thanks!

karthick-sk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by karthick-sk » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:09 pm

if there is no duplicate xml, then check for extension of the files you have included recently.

i faced the same problem, atlast it was the extension - i had typed .html for a .php file.

quayfee
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by quayfee » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:15 pm

Just to sum up... This error occurs when there is a typo or inconsistency in the <files> part of your XML file, it could be a file extension (As mentioned by kathick-sk) it could also be a case sensitivity issue or any other typo.

Bottom line: double check you XML with you actual file and folder names.

Hope that helps :)

katrinj1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by katrinj1 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi, I am getting a similar error in that I am not able to complete my initial installation. Here is the error that I am getting: JInstaller: :Install: File does not exist /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/tmp/install_4ea6e5085b97a/index.php>

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. I am using Joomla 1.7

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 Coding”