What is the best BLOG format / extension for SEO using Joom.

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla!. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

bruce99
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

What is the best BLOG format / extension for SEO using Joom.

Post by bruce99 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:35 am

Hi,

I have been recommended to use a blog on my site to assist in seo/ ranking. It will be a lot easier to put up fresh daily content rather than writing well researched articles every day.

I intend to be the only author but am wondering about how to moderate comments on the page.

I hear that the blog feature in joomla is fairly standard and not ideal for seo purposes. Ie auto pinging etc.

Can anyone here give me a recommendation of what extension (preferably free) they use and what is value is over what joomla as standard provides?
I am a dog walker and have two dog information sites: dogwalkersmelbourne.com.au & a dog treat site, Thank you.

bruce99
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: What is the best BLOG format / extension for SEO using J

Post by bruce99 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:45 am

Ok, calling anyone who uses blogging extension in joomla ..

anyone?!?
I am a dog walker and have two dog information sites: dogwalkersmelbourne.com.au & a dog treat site, Thank you.

bruce99
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by bruce99 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:36 am

Hi Hussam,

I get what you are saying, I have a lot of original well researched articles on my site that get good readership and they are well over 1,000 words each.

However regarding blogging, which I think is a good idea, I am after a good application, and still dont know seo wise whether it helps having comments on the page - ie, without comments you are likely to get much less visitors??? Is this why many blogs have comments - ie practical reasons of more regular visitors pushing up the page PR?

any views on a good extension and whether to go comments or no comments on a blogre seo?

thanks! Bruce

RaviDatti
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by RaviDatti » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:25 am

Try this.. "lyftenbloggie"

May be it would help to you to full fill your requirement.

bruce99
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by bruce99 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:40 am

Hi Hussam Al-Deen,

thank you for your detailed comment. Perhaps an application with good anti spam features and required registration might help. Yes I was concerned about spam also, I guess I can always close down the comments option if it gets too heavy a work load.

I have two sites, one dog walking, and one selling meat dog treats. I am looking for word of mouth on both sites to boost repeat visitors who may be tempted to trial my products. I know they are affordable and high quality, but it takes a lot to change peoples buying patterns.

I think that if you answer a few comments that would be enough. I dont think people expect you to be tied to your computer.

I have a FB page, but I am still trying to reach the 25 LIKES requirement to get your own URL.

The way I see a blog maybe increasing rank is that people may talk about your blog and post your link or bookmark it etc. Anyway that is my thought about how it might work, then again I could be wrong.

Oh yes, and the big one about rank is that Google is said to REALLY like seeing a dynamic site (one that has content added on each visit). If you blog daily it means at least one page will change significantly by the next google pass. Yes? More scans, means google's weight algorithm might boost your position some, as long as the blog has good content, keywords etc. Do you agree?

If anyone else has any input into why blogging can boost sales I would like to know if they use comments or not and if their extension has any special features. I will check out "lyftenbloggie" today. Thanks in the meantime! Bruce

candyjsn
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by candyjsn » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:52 am

I recommend Disqus comments platform -> http://disqus.com/

It supports Joomla -> http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/5259/details

just_tuan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by just_tuan » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:35 am

Hello guys,

The commenting system is good. My opinions

- Interactive website
- Collect Feedback from readers
- Build relationship with your niche

Tuan.

bruce99
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by bruce99 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:42 am

but the blog extension (NAME) and reason for liking it is really what my question was after.

anyone, anyone???

candyjsn
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by candyjsn » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:11 am

@bruce99: We are using EasyBlog -> http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... blog/12630 and we recommend it (Even though it is not free).

With it, you can create a blog easily with available components of a blog such as comment, category, tags, social media integrations and more.

Hope that it helps.

bruce99
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by bruce99 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:50 am

Hi Candyjsn,

Can I ask if you use all of the functionality of the blog extension? I am still not sure if I want commenting if I have to keep deleting spam etc. And if you have an option for people to leave their url, doesnt that take link juice away from your page rather than boosting your site?

This looks like it could be a great app, but i thought the whole spirit of joomla was that it was non commercial, which suits dog walkers like me ... I may have to re assess that?!

someone recommended K2 and on the K2 site they tell how excellent their product is, but I am wondering if it is non commercial and highly awarded, why its not in the joomla extensions library?

JwMann2
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by JwMann2 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:11 am

bruce99 wrote:Hi,

I have been recommended to use a blog on my site to assist in seo/ ranking. It will be a lot easier to put up fresh daily content rather than writing well researched articles every day.

I intend to be the only author but am wondering about how to moderate comments on the page.

I hear that the blog feature in joomla is fairly standard and not ideal for seo purposes. Ie auto pinging etc.

Can anyone here give me a recommendation of what extension (preferably free) they use and what is value is over what joomla as standard provides?
You will want the component called JComments. When you write an article, turn on J Comments. And under components, when you click on JComments, 'Manage Comments' will pop up. Very easy to use.
Please read forum rules regarding signatures: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=65

candyjsn
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by candyjsn » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:19 am

Hi bruce99,

1.Can I ask if you use all of the functionality of the blog extension?
>>>>> No. As far as you can see, we use its Access Control Level, comment system, Twitter button integration and so on. But we don't use Rating System, Subscription , many Social Intergrations such as StumbleUppon, Google+ and more.

2. I am still not sure if I want commenting if I have to keep deleting spam etc
>>>>> EasyBlog provides built-in Captcha system to prevent Spam. So, there are not many Spams on our blog.

3. And if you have an option for people to leave their url, doesnt that take link juice away from your page rather than boosting your site?
>>>>> We allow people who comment on our blog to take link juice from our website to encourage them to leave comments. If you use EasyBlog, you can opt for preventing them to take link juice from your website. It depends on you.

4. This looks like it could be a great app, but i thought the whole spirit of joomla was that it was non commercial, which suits dog walkers like me ... I may have to re assess that?!

someone recommended K2 and on the K2 site they tell how excellent their product is, but I am wondering if it is non commercial and highly awarded, why its not in the joomla extensions library?
>>>>> Yes. Joomla is an open source CMS. And its strength and spirit come from the community. You can see that there are many great free Joomla extensions - These are contribution from Joomla developers and Joomla lovers to the community. K2 is a brilliant example.

Surely you can use K2 to create a nice blog with its available components such as User permission, categories, tags, etc. However, from our point of view, EasyBlog helps us build a blog more easily since all of its parameters concentrate on a blog more than K2’s parameters.

Let’s take a look at the screenshots I’ve token from Easy Blog and K2 to get more details.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jeklin110
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jeklin110 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:38 pm

hi welcome to all...
the best blog format you can got from blogger.com.
its very active and effective blog.
-----------
Nice background psd files for photoshop available here

adumpaul
I've been banned!

Post by adumpaul » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:37 am

I think ,many blog format / extension is available but amoung of them the best one can be find out from wordpress.com.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 1.5”