Maxi Menu CK Help

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
catfactory
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Maxi Menu CK Help

Post by catfactory » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:52 pm

I purchased a template that is using Maxi Menu CK and I installed it without to much of an issue but the problem is that I can't figure out how to make the active page menu item hide the associated image. I'm not sure how to describe that correctly so I am going to try again. Each top level menu item has an associated image in the menu bar that is hidden until the user hovers over it and then the image is displayed. However this isn't happening for the active menu. The active page image is ALWAYS showing. For instance if I am on the home page, the home image on the menu is not hidden and is it isn't a small picture so it gets in the way. On the demo for the template it is hidden until the user hovers, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. I have looked at the .php file that i think I am supposed to be looking at, but that wasn't much help since I'm not that familiar with options, etc. Any help would be terrific! Here is the live demo of the template if you would like to see how the menu works. http://www.template monster.com/demo/32470.html.

catfactory
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by catfactory » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:17 am

I found a work around for my issue where the images on the active page were not hiding until hoverage occurred, but only on the home page. I assigned the home menu to a different menu that is disabled. Instead I am using a home page button elsewhere on the page. It seems there must be a better way than this. It took me all day to figure out how to change this behavior.

Now my current issue is that I can only display one image on all the menu items. I want a different one for each. I see in the php code that there is code for 4 different images and they are uploaded but there must be something that I am not doing in order for them to display. I don't know much about php other than to look at it in a tharn-like manner. Any help?

tobypsl
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tobypsl » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi

I am using maximenuCK on the whole it's been relatively easy to work out how to implement collumns, include moduels etc. I have a couple of questions though:

1. how to implement rounded effect ?
2. How to include a 5px gap between the item description and the 1px border underneath it in the child block.

Any ideas welcome,

regards,
Toby

tobypsl
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tobypsl » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:35 pm

In fact looking at the joomla.com website (where the maximenuCK is used) I can see that they have styled the css so there is a 3px (or so) gap between the description element and the dotted line. It is this 3px gap I am looking for. The problem is that the styling seems split between both the css and php files.

Any help appreciated.

ced1870
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by ced1870 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:58 am

yes all gap and styling have to be done by you, in your template css file, or easier in the maximenuH_CK.php file for horizontal menu (it is a php file with css code inside).
Just play with these css to obtain what you are looking for (rounded effect too, look on my website joomlack.fr I have themes that have rounded style)
Tutorials, extensions, design and template for Joomla!
http://www.joomlack.fr
Maximenu_CK for drop-down, multicolumn, link description, module loading, and documentation
Template Creator CK - the Joomla! component to create your own templates

tobypsl
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tobypsl » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:10 pm

ced1870 wrote:yes all gap and styling have to be done by you, in your template css file, or easier in the maximenuH_CK.php file for horizontal menu (it is a php file with css code inside).
Just play with these css to obtain what you are looking for (rounded effect too, look on my website joomlack.fr I have themes that have rounded style)
Thanks for reply, can you tell me which piece of CSS to change to get the underline (on linkdescription) to drop by 3px or so ?

regards,
Toby

ced1870
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by ced1870 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:36 pm

look at span.descCK
Maximenu_CK for drop-down, multicolumn, link description, module loading, and documentation

piexy241
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by piexy241 » Wed May 04, 2011 4:34 pm

hey,

My menu shows up behind all my other modules on my site: www.piexy.com. I've tried to increase the z-index but its still behind everything else (other than my page background).

Does anyone know what I can do to change this?

thanks

tobypsl
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tobypsl » Wed May 04, 2011 5:09 pm

Are you using the template CSS rather than the menu css ? And if so what happens if you switch to using the maxi menu css ? I'm wondering if you have to change the z-index of your menu module position rather than that of the maxi menu.

piexy241
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by piexy241 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:11 pm

Hey Tobypsl,

I'm using the menu CSS. The z-index is now at 3000. Should I perhaps put it higher?

ced1870
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by ced1870 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:14 pm

yes it seems that fpss slider have an issue with this configuration. Try to give z-index and positon:relative; to the container of the slider.try also with another template (rhuk milyway or beez20) because it's an artisteer one and it may cause some conflict

catfactory
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by catfactory » Fri May 06, 2011 5:29 am

well, I've posted several times on this forum about my problems with Maxi Menu and I haven't gotten any response. If anyone can provide help that would be terrific. Let me know if there is some information that I am not providing that would help. I am new to joomla and php so forgive me if some of the things would be obvious to anyone else.

The site I am working on (in dev) is http://piposart.cloudaccess.net .
Here are the problems I am having:

1) I bought a template and have managed to modify it pretty well except that the demo template showed different images assigned for each menu item and I cannot figure out what I haven't done right to make them different.

2) WHen I first installed the template, the sub menus were showing when a user hovered over the menu options. But once I deleted the default articles, the sub menus dissappeared. I've created new sub-menus and articles linked to them, but they do not show up on the site under the main menu options.

please help, thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by catfactory on Fri May 06, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ced1870
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by ced1870 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:34 am

please give a screenshot of your menu structure in the menu manager.
Test also with another template like rhuk milkyway or beez20 to see if it works

hadensandor
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by hadensandor » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:36 am

Hi guys,

I've MaxiMenuCK installed, module enabled and published.

I want to have multicolumn menus. I have added the parameter [cols2] in parent menu title ....
... BUT the multicolumn feature doesn't work for me. :(

My Website is using Joomla 1.5.23
http://www.vizszintmero.hu
The horizontal menu I want to be multicolumn: "Felszíni víz > Mélységintegráló víz- és lebegtetett hordalék mintavevők > 2 columns: US DH-2 ..., USDH48 ... | US DH-59 ..., US DH-76 ..."

What is the solution for the above problem?
Could you help me please? Any Ideas?

Kind regards,

Sandor

jherrin
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jherrin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:10 am

@hadensandor - did you add the [col] separator menu item type to your menu?

Your menu should be like this...

Parent Menu Item[cols2]
- Child Item 1
- Child Item 2
- Child Item 3
- [col]
- Child Item 4
- Child Item 5

ced1870
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by ced1870 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:33 am

hadensador should have said that his issue is now solved :)
the menu structure was wrong and it had to remove the position:absolute; on UL elements in the CSS

grsamson
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by grsamson » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:45 am

Would someone be able to tell me how to set the height of the MaxiMenu horizontal mainmenu? I am using Afterburner for 1.6 (RT) and my install has the height at 34px, making the text links sit high in the navbar. I can't figure out where to change that main height setting.

Thanks,
Geoff

ced1870
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by ced1870 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:00 am

hi
the 34px height can be modified in the file maximenuH_CK.php (for horizontal menu), at the beginning applied to <ul>

grsamson
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by grsamson » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:06 am

Ah yes, I see now. Excellent, thank you.

piexy241
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by piexy241 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:00 pm

Hey I've previously posted a request on how to change my sub-menu's to show and not hide behind my virtuemart shop pages. I've made the relevant changes you suggested (changing z-index to : relative) but its still hiding. Can you please help me change this?

I'm using the whiteol theme.

I've changed all the z-index to : relative in both the default and whiteol theme moo_maximenuH_CK.css files. Is there another file I should make the changes to?

please help!

site: www.ootoliving.com
Joomla 1.5

kriisp
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kriisp » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:35 pm

Solved ... for the time being.

I bet I return with another question in a short time :)

kriisp
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kriisp » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:44 pm

Ok, guys.

I solved my first question myself. Here's another one.

I need to add icons to my sub menu items (along with the text). How do I do that? I can't find any documentation on that.

When I've done that I want to use my own icons so I guess I gotta upload those to a dir of some sort.

Any help?

kriisp
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kriisp » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:20 am

Anybody?

Tyania
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Tyania » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:58 pm

I am having problems with creating a verticle menu. The sub menu items simply do no show up. The first level item shows an arrow indicating that the child items exist but they do not pop up. I am using the Beez template so nothing special there. I tried the menu with another site on another server with the same module parameters, and it does work. What am I missing. Mootools conflict? Server issue (hostmonster)?

Tyania
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: also: Maxi Menu CK Help

Post by Tyania » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:18 pm

The firebug is showing the sub menu items in the html but they will not appear.

benjimckinney
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by benjimckinney » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:54 am

I purchased a Joomla template that uses Maxi Menu. I need to know where the colors are defined. I have read through this entire thread and it seems that everyone says something like "it is in the CSS file" or "it is in the maximenuH_CK.php" file. However, there are several instances of both of these types of files throughout the Joomla directory on my server - some /modules/mod_maximenu_CK, some /templates/theme###/css/themes/default/css and some in other places it seems. I am pretty sure I have checked them all and I cannot find this ugly peach color! Can anyone tell me EXACTLY where the style is set? I am sure it is easy...just need to know the location of the file or at least a definitive name. Sorry I am very new to this. Thank you in advance for your help.

benjimckinney
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by benjimckinney » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:08 pm

Okay. I slept on this issue and had a brain-blast this morning. For all you newbies like me, you might want to get a little program called Seeker. I officially have a new favorite program! I had spent literally hours searching for this ugly color in every logical file of the Joomla website. Within seconds Seeker had searched over the 4000+ files and found the color profile! A real lifesaver! [url]http://www.veign.com/application.php?appid=104[url]

BTW: The file was located /templates/theme###/css/themes/default/css/maximenuH_CK.php (If you are using the vertical version the file would be maximenuV_CK.php)

Another issue SOLVED! Now on to the next discovery! :D

smo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by smo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:48 pm

I have installed the maximenu CK on a website and i have a couple of problems:

First one is with the language since i wanna display greek in the menu and the module doesn't recognise them.

Second is that i wanna change the position of the titles displayed on the menu (they are displayed on top and i want them to the center) but i havent figured out from where i can manage this out.

Thanks for your help.

airmvp23
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by airmvp23 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:34 pm

I have another active post regarding Maxi Menu, but I am desperate and need an answer. It seems that there is an IE8 bug that I can't figure out with regards to using images as the main navigation instead of text. In Firefox and even IE7 this not an issue, but in IE8 my entire navigation structure breaks apart after the 3rd Image Link.

Here is my url... http://www.immigrationlinks.com/test-page

When you use IE8 the Menu structure is a disaster and then push the Compatibility Button (IE7) the structure is fine. The drop down menus do move to the right, but they are all in tact.

Please help.

Thanks.

BTW . I just added this code for a temporary fix
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />
But I would like to know what CSS is needed so it doesn't need it.

woomaa
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by woomaa » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:54 pm

In blank site: http://klienci.maniowy.net/jupgrade i have setup for two columns but it does not work. I'm using plugin Maximenu_CK params for generate columns but it does not showing anything but the column title.

Menu structure:
Start
-1 (first column)
--1-1
--1-1 (2)
--1-1 (3)
-2 (second column)

Positions 1-1, 1-1 (2), 1-1(3) are not showing up. But they are in page code.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”