Steve Hards wrote:
@ Websith above:
Thanks for the modified install program and English instructions at your site
Worked like a charm!
That link is broken
Is there any other link that will step me through setting up a captcha on my Joomla Contact page?
Hi, I'm attaching to this message the last version that I could find.
The file has name: "Bigo_Captcha_1_5_9.zip" and it has some instructions about how to install the Plugin (see install.html file inside the archive):
Please note: I had to remove 4 fonts from "plugin_bigocaptcha.zip\plg_bigocaptcha\plugins\system\Captcha04\fonts" directory to decrease the size of the package to 500kbytes (the forum restriction). See these four fonts in my next message (fonts.zip file)
Captcha by Bigo for JOOMLA 1.5.9 - 28th January 2009
I have tried all the other which I could not get to work properly. So I tried the Bigo version. I just about managed to get it to work even though I'm no php coder.
I tried all sorts of ways to get this to work both in my register page and my contact page. I trawled the Joomla forum for hours to find the information that people have tried to use to get it to work. I have put together this little package in English for you.
After hours and hours of trial and error I managed to get it to work in JOOMLA 1.5 **** This version is for JOOMLA 1.5.9 ****
Before you start you should know that some Joomla core files are hacked, so backup your originals first! The way I do it is to rename the existing file:- for example default.php to default-original.php and then upload the hacked file. You can always delete the new one and rename your old one back to default.php if it doesn't work.
1. Unzip the package first!
2. Install the plugin as usual via your admin panel (plugin_bigcaptcha.zip) (Make sure you enable the plugin as all are installed disabled)
3. Replace all the files that you find in the files folder. (I have left the directory structure alone so you know where to find all the files and don't forget to backup your old ones just in case!)
*** DO NOT just copy the folders across! copy each individual file across ***
4. Login into admin and go to your each one of your contact records and at the bottom of the Contact Parameters section click 'Use Captcha': No, then click Apply and then click Yes and save it to be sure.
5. That should be it!
If you have the 'System - Cache' plugin turned on you must 'Clean Cache' first before you go look at your lovely shiny new simple captcha plugin in your registration form and your contact form.
The only drawback I have seen is that if a user gets the captcha word entry wrong they will have to input it all again. I don't how to php so I guess I will just have to wait until somebody with the right knowledge does it!
many thanks to bigo for this.
Hacked Files List
* administrator/components/com_contact/contact_items.xml (This has the extra parameter to enable Bigo)
* components/com_contact/controller.php (This has the call code for the captcha simply added to the bottom of the file)
* components/com_contact/views/contact/tmpl/default_form.php (This has the embedded captcha image in the form)
User Registration Form
It seems that the new 1.5.9 version will now show the contact image, the previous version 1.5.8 didn't work!
pete brooks http://www.sol22.com